main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How does Sidious take out four Jedi masters?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by shadysnake, May 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTHMORDOR

DARTHMORDOR Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    pretty easily.

lol

he is a sith lord who has suprise on his side. and apperently quite a lot of skill.

2. red5jedi

red5jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 16, 1998
    You don't know the power of the dark side...[face_devil]

3. DUGGY

DUGGY Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 23, 2005
    It was right up there on the screen, that's how he did it [face_laugh] . But some people have to look for a deeper or more convoluted meaning. lol. he did it because they walked into a trap, and the Jedi completely underestimated him.and he kicked their asses .

4. halfwits-r-us

halfwits-r-us Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    to sum up what my esteemed colleague Duggy said, Sidious did it with a red lightsabre.

5. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    Ah, my favorite two 05ers, bringing it home! Great job guys, it's really not as complicated as people are making it out to be.

6. Parthenopaeus

Parthenopaeus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2005
    The more I see it, the more I'm convinced that, so the audience could have time to focus on the action, when Palpatine attacks the 4 Jedi, what we're seeing is actually slowed down a bit and not as fast as it actually happened.

Did anyone see how fast Sidious pulled out and ignited his lightsaber for his Yoda duel? It happened in less than a second!

7. yoshifett

Apr 17, 2004
    In the making of book, it talks about how GL wanted lots of close ups on Sidious' snarling face, which he got as the Jedi got taken out. Pretty cool in my opinion.

8. Exar_Kuns_Apprentice

Exar_Kuns_Apprentice Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2003
    Why does Agon Kolen (spelling) and the other dude with horns just get stabbed straight away with no block? Atleast Kit managed to block a couple of swings. Maybe they wernt expecting a stright forward lunge, or maybe Sidious clouded their vision so they couldnt see his attack and therefore couldnt defend it?

Thoughts?

9. yoshifett

Apr 17, 2004
    Why does Agon Kolen (spelling) and the other dude with horns just get stabbed straight away with no block? Atleast Kit managed to block a couple of swings. Maybe they wernt expecting a stright forward lunge, or maybe Sidious clouded their vision so they couldnt see his attack and therefore couldnt defend it?

Thoughts?

Lucas wanted to show the audience how overwhelmingly powerful Darth Sidious is. Remember the Phantom Menace? Well, that refers to Sidious. He's quite menacing, I'd say! Could it have been choreographed in a more realistic way, in terms of the way we look at "real" sword fights? Perhaps. But that's not the point, the point is showing Sidious as evil and menacing and nigh unstopable.

10. fettmaster39

fettmaster39 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 9, 2005
    Verrrrry carefully.

11. Anakin_Skywalker217

Anakin_Skywalker217 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2003
    These Jedi were probably completely unprepared. They didn't expect a surprise attack while they were talking.

12. kiskolou

kiskolou Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 23, 2005

yes!

13. iconmaster

iconmaster Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2005
    I would have preferred to see a little more 4-way action in this scene, reminiscent of the 3-way battle in Menace, just to establish that Sidious really does know his stuff...

But oh well. The other Jedi weren't important to the plot, and probably were nowhere near as skilled as Yoda or Mace.

Also, we don't know that Mace told any of them about the Sith suspicion. Oops! Their minds, they was blown.

14. Nytemare

Nytemare Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2005
    Kit needed a lightsaber in each hand and tentacle. I was sad he died off that quickly, but at least he got in a couple of blocks. He was sort of a cool, grinning type.

15. LittleGreenManYoda

LittleGreenManYoda Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2005
    Sidous Snuck them simple as that the Darkside is elusive.

16. Darth-Bone

Darth-Bone Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 8, 2002
    Anyone who has ever been in a fight knows why this happened.

First off, it's not that hard to take on 4 people. When it's one on one, it's focus to focus on your adversary, no distractions.

When there are 4 people involved, especially good ones, they don't have the luxury of swinging wildly because they have friends they don't want to hurt. They can't focus on the one because the one is not strictly focused on them. It forces you out of your natural rythym because you can't dive right into it. Restraint and waiting is needed, not something that can be used effectively against someone as deadly and quick as Palpatine.

In a combat situation, things tend to slow down, and even slowed down, soetimes you can't avoid because you get caught up thinking which is the best way to move and before you know it, you've been struck. Let's not forget GL had to slow this down for us to see it. Had he filmed it as fast as it really happened, this board would be wrought with complaints of "it happened so fast we didn't see anything. We don't know how they died, how Sid killed them. GL messed up and should have shown how they got killed" He slowed it down for our benefit and people are wondering why it appears as though he telegraphed everything ?

Growing up where I did, I have been faced with facing 3 and 4 people in confrontation and let me tell you, sometimes it's easier than one on one.

First off, even though you might talk, they don't suspect you to act. They think "he's not crazy enough to come at four of us" When you do, they freeze because they hadn't expected you'd really do it, they are trying to process what just happened. It's suprisingly easy to get the jump on 3 and 4 people because they just aren't ready for it, even though they may be initiating the conflict. In their minds, they have it mapped how it will play out, and when it deviates, they take a second to ponder, and that's usually 1 second too long.

We, as the audience have the luxury of seeing the big picture (pun fully intended) and being able to spot "flaws". When in the middle of the battle, it's not that easy. Anyone who has ever been in a fight knows this.

When we watch boxing, how often are we saying "uppercut, it's open" or something to that effect? We have the luxury of seeing it from a distance to see such things. That's why boxers HAVE trianers in their corners - they can see what the fighters can't up close in the middle of the fight.

17. Darth_Seer

Darth_Seer Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2004
    "Let's not forget GL had to slow this down for us to see it."

He did...?

18. thechozn1

thechozn1 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2005
    I think Matthew Stover should have written the screenplay. I know i'm going to catch holy hell for that but when I read his version in the novel b4 i saw the movie I was dying to see this scene. First he retrieves his saber from the middle of the statue in the middle of the room by igniting it with the force and letting it cut thru the statue to come to him. And then he goes and takes a couple out and then flies back accross the room and WINKS! HE FRICKIN WINKS AT 'EM. He's fighting 3 masters but he's not even stressing. In fact he has the prescence of mind to think about the fact that he can use the recording system in his office against the Jedi later for the senate.

I was all hyped up. Couldn't wait. Finally, the fight is starting. He doesn't retrieve his saber the same way but that's ok i'll live. Then he flies accross the room corkscrew style. I'm thinking "oh my god, YES". Then... he gets accross there and pauses. What? Why the hell would he pause? Why the hell wouldn't they as jedi masters at least lock blades if he's going to look into their eyes longingly before he kills them.

Seriously, did they even play this scene back before they let it out? How do you let them get wiped after a pause! YIKES

I wanted them to get wiped out even more hardcore cause Sids is suppose to be that bad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.