How does the Disney deal affect future Star Wars video games?

Discussion in 'Games' started by MagicSpork, Nov 15, 2012.

1. MagicSpork Force Ghost

star 2
    I'm not sure how Lucasfilm had their video game deals set up. Did they have a contract with a developer to make a certain number of games, or was each game contracted separately? If the former, does Disney have to use that company, or can they just fire them and go with whomever they want?
  2. xtinataguba Jedi Youngling

i dont think it would affect the star wars video games. because it already earn a spot.
  3. DarthMak Force Ghost

star 5
  4. Darth_Kiryan Force Ghost

star 4
    Hmm. Well, IMO, in terms of the whole Force Unleashed, sounds awesome. But, for anything else thus far.

NOOOOOOOOO!
  5. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    Sinre Edit: Moved to Videogames.
    Last edited by Sinrebirth, Nov 18, 2012
  6. spicer Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    A lot of people want star wars games, so I don't think they will be neglected. On the contrary, I expect a lot of games for many consoles, if they want money and a happy fanbase.
  7. darthhelinith Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm not too fussed. Just because they haven't got any console plans at the moment, doesn't mean it's gonna stay that way.
    Besides better to have a good console game several years down the pipe than a console game for the sake of it.

(I'm not bothered if they get rid of Lucasarts either and link up with another publisher. They haven't exactly been a memorable developer, the only notable exception being the Monkey Island series.)
    Last edited by darthhelinith, Nov 18, 2012
    DarthMak likes this.
  8. DarthMak Force Ghost

star 5
    Totally agree. LucasArts was at the top of their game in the early-mid 90s. Just my opinion, but once the special editions and prequels came around, they put out way too much mediocre stuff. There were a few gems though.
    Last edited by DarthMak, Nov 18, 2012
  9. Zer0 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    It'd be nice to get some great Star Wars games again as we haven't had one in quite a few years, but I won't hold my breath.
  10. Jedi_Matt Force Ghost

star 4
    It is the Kingdom Hearts tie-ins that worry me

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2