main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How does the First Order military work?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by StartCenterEnd, Jun 21, 2016.

1. StartCenterEnd

StartCenterEnd Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 2, 2006
    Is there a fleet like the Empire had? We see the Finalizer on it's own without any other star destroyers around it. We have no mention of any admirals even in the visual dictionary. Only General, Lt, captain, petty officers.

Also what do stormtroopers aboard the finalizers and starkiller base do all day? We constantly see them marching around even when nothing is going on. Drills?

2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I might be mistaken here, but I think we see a few more Star Destroyers around Starkiller Base at one point.

3. Darth Pig

Darth Pig Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 21, 2016
    Well whatever they do, they don't: stay loyal under pressure despite years of training, remain loyal despite years of training and guard anything even remotely important.

JABBERWOCK2137 likes this.
  4. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    There are other ranks in First Order military. We don't see or hear about them cause they are not important at the moment for the film. SKB was not the only base the First Order has. I am sure the First Order is scattered across space involved in other conflicts. They were overconfident about SKB and believed the Finalizer and a couple of other ships would be substantial enough for transportation and patrols.
    As for what the Stormtroopers and other personal do on the Finalizer and SKB, they simple hone their skills and make sure both are functioning properly while following their orders.

5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In Before the Awakening, we see that the First Order still uses Imperial-class Star Destroyers, and has more than one Resurgent-class already in service.

6. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Isn't the First Order using what we know as the Unknown Regions as their territory to develop a squadron and fleet as powerful as that of the fallen Empire? :kylo::nttrooper:

Which means that while the SKB may be destroyed, the FO is almost certain to have more than one Finalizer-class destroyer and troops numbering easily more than a hundred thousand in this unexplored area (and who knows, a second SKB-like weapon which may not necessarily be spherical?)... And likely to be on standby for a potentially more devastating second wave of attacks against the besieged Republic (or what's left of it) and the weakened Resistance... :deathstar::kylosaber::tie:

7. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    According to the Visual Dictionary I think, their fleet still is considerably smaller and less powerful than that of the old Empire.

oncafar likes this.
  8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Leaked image of the First Order's new superweapon:

[​IMG]

9. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    A Death Cube? Looks like the one we see in that movie starring Tom Cruise and Morgan Freeman called "Oblivion"!

Sent from MillenniumFalcon AI using Tapatalk

10. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    It's a Borg Cube from Star Trek :p

DARTH_BELO and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  11. Cay_Qel-Droma

Cay_Qel-Droma Jedi Master

Jul 1, 2006
    The Recruiting profile seems to be pretty much the same as The Empire with the exception that The First Order doesn't discriminate as much with women being recruited as much as The Empire sure did there were only 2 women I can think of in The Empire Admiral Daala and Kasen Moore a TIE fighter pilot that defected to The Rebellion in Rogue Squadron.

But it looks as though the basic rundown is essentially the same as The Empire you have to be extremely uptight, xenophobic, odious, schadenfreude and I'll betcha from now on they'll only allow white humans considering Fin defected to the New Republic so easily most likely xenophobic as I say only allowing white humans. It also looks their latest recruiting platform is gonna be a lot tougher considering Fin was just a random clone turning to The New Republic his genes for that clone line is most likely gonna be terminated but I don't think he's dead in fact nothing is official until we've seen official their body on a pier and burned and they didn't do that for Fin nor Kylo Ren so most likely both Fin and Kylo Ren are still alive. It also looks like they have stricter regulations for their troopers which are more accurate than episode 4, 5, and 6 era Stormtroopers can't hit squat![face_laugh] If they want an advantage they'll definitely want more Interdictors in their fleet those can effectively stop large amounts of Republic ships preventing them from escaping and into a trap however it takes a full 5 minutes to make the charge the Interdictor and blast a superior tractor beam gravity well making it impossible to escape once it's been blasted and any number of Republic ships can be stuck indefinitely that's the power of The Interdictor

It also looks like the new TIE Fighter has more improvements it now has life-support in the cabin so you don't need the old custom TIE Fighter pilot suits of old which could also be spacesuits in the old TIE Fighter pilot suits unlike rebel flight suits were not space suits so ejecting in space would be suicide with Rebel flight suits but not with the old TIE Fighter pilot gear but now the new TIE Fighters have full cabin life-support and now seat 2 pilot and gunner and this time the laser cannons can shoot in any direction from the bottom of the fighter making it more dangerous however since they now have those new features they're obviously more expensive than older TIE Fighters so they now have more limits to how many more of those fighters they can make 'cause it was easy to make more cheap single direction shooting, no Life-Support, no shields TIE Fighters, TIE Interceptors and TIE Bombers they were a whole bunch more inexpensive to build back then that's why there were so many of them. Now that the New Advanced TIE Fighters in the First Order are more expensive with the new improvements they won't be able to make so many more they'll probably have to raise taxes in The First Order if they want as many as The Battle of Endor.

And it also looks like Emperor Palpatine finally has been killed off for good after The Hand of Thrawn duo and it's about too frickiting right time damn it TOOK 6 TIMES TO KILL OFF PALPATINE!!!=D=

12. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Dig around a bit and you'll find Legends-era female stormtroopers, fleet commanders, another notable TIE pilot (Civé Rashon AKA "Howlrunner") and so forth. The prejudice was mostly in KJA books.

darklordoftech likes this.
  13. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    You also forgot "try to turn the shields back on for their super duper awesome planet weapon, and instead all just chill out while four people manage to plant bombs, lower the shields, throw their captain in a dumpster, rescue a girl who was guarded by one trooper inside the room with her, or really do anything remotely useful during the siege and destruction of the base and home they spent years creating."

14. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Finn (like the rest of the First Order stormtroopers) is not a clone. Clones have not been widely used since the Empire replaced the Republic and converted the clone trooper armies into stormtrooper armies, which consisted of natural born conscripted and recruited humans. The First Order also uses natural born troopers, but they are taken as infants and trained from that point on.

15. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    You are correct! I just checked on my Blu Ray copy and zoomed in! There are several Star Destroyers orbiting Starkiller Base...

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  16. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    Which seems to be why they're actually competent; well all of them but TK-007 :p.

17. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Maybe it's because we have only seen 1 film so far...but the First Order seems tiny compared to the Empire! In the OT it felt like you could run into an Imperial Star Destroyer almost anywhere in space... It feels like the First Order are much more contained.

?

thejeditraitor likes this.
  18. Dame sans merci

Dame sans merci Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2016

I feel like that might be on purpose though. The First Order only really make a definitive move against the New Republic in TFA - prior to that, they seem to have been rather playing possum to appear less of a threat.

It will be interesting to see what resources they have at their disposal in the Unknown Regions, where they seem to have been quietly prepping.

19. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    The thing that sort of bothers me (and this goes for the Empire, as well) is how does anyone know who the other guy is behind a stormtrooper or what have you helmet? Is there a computer readout in each helmet that displays who's who? Captain Phasma and Kylo Ren were both able to identify Finn's i.d. number, and the latter was able to see that it was his friend that was dying during the village attack. So, am I right about this? Are there i.d. numbers assigned to each helmet that have built in h.u.d.s?

20. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    In the GFFA, people don't recognize each other's faces - they recognize body language ;)

21. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012

UV paint, a bit like on Kamino? The city had markings only visible to those with "UV-vision" - maybe the same applies to clone armor, and its successor stormtrooper armour - with the helmet extending normal vision into the UV range.

22. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    I guess...it has to be some way of knowing who's who. Helmet tech, or invisible markings work for me, either way. :)

Iron_lord likes this.
  23. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    If I recall correctly, the Before the Awakening book says that's the case; there's a heads-up display in each helmet that tells the wearer the ID of the trooper they're looking at, when that other trooper is directly within a frame in the field of view.

24. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    That makes sense...just wish something in the movie would show or tell me that, though. :) But I guess it's something we have to assume, what with Star Wars having advanced technology and all. ;)

25. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    I don't see how that would have done anything for the movie though.
    Movies like these can easily get bogged down in too much exposition/explanations - and I think Star Wars is at its best when it stays away from such things :)

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.