main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How Does the OT compare to the Prequels?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by vaderdarkestjedi, Apr 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vaderdarkestjedi

vaderdarkestjedi Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2003
    I have been debating this idea in my mind for a long time. When I watch the Original Trilogy, it seems so old, and outdated. The Prequels have amazing eye-popping visuals, terrific sound, a crisp tone(digital cameras) and better spaceships, weapons etc. How is the average non-addictive fan supposed to believe that the OT is the future? I know there are a few, like Anikan's robot hand compared to Luke human like hand and others, but is that enough. I mean, the Old films look like antiques. I wish the original trilogy was as crisp as the prequels. Perhaps on the DVD will bring light on the subject.

2. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Well, when the empire comes to town, everything becomes very old and junky.

TPM was so colorful, everything looked so wonderful.

AOTC still looked pretty colorful, but did you notice how everything's slowly starting to move to the OT? Just look at the Jedi Starfighter, it looks pretty similar to the A-Wing.

Episode III will probably look like the OT with the exception of Coruscant.

And don't forget about this rumored Ultra-deluxe archival ultimate enhanced XXL edition of the OT in a few years.

3. GenMadine

GenMadine Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 7, 2002
    Um, I think this is what Lucas wanted to combat with the Special Edition. And why we are getting the Ultra-deluxe edition, or whatever he is calling it.
    I for one prefer the OT untouched, call me nostalgic.

you want to fiddle with special effects, try the Indy Trilogy. Those are looking terrible, especially Temple of Doom

Madine out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.