main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

how does this adventure beginning sound?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by chickey, Nov 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chickey

chickey Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 21, 2002
    So, I am running a game with just 2 people. A third may join, but I am setting up the adventure for the 2 first. I have decided that I am running them in the NJO era, and to ge tthem leveled up, I will start a year before. The players have chosen a Jedi Guardian and a Soldier

Synopsis. There is a Twilek Spice lord set to stand trial for his illegal activities. The key witness in this case is his rodian Accountant.

Start of the adventure, with the Soldier:
    The soldier is part of a group of 4 officers, sent to the safe house to retrieve the Rodian Accountant. On the way up the elevator, there is a motion sensor set in place that spots them. This sensor is linked to a Bounty hunter, sent by Spice Lords group to bring in the accountant. At this point, I will let the player make a spot check to see if they notice this camera. If they fail, the Bounty hunter will be able to act first in the surprise round. My plan for the story is for the Bounty hunter to succeed in defeating the group, thinking they are all dead. The player character will live, even if only by divine intervention. My point for this part of the story is strictly the set up, and to give this player a quest. Find this bounty hunter, and bring back the Rodian.

part two, introducing the Jedi Guardian. I thought that to introduce the Jedi Guardian into this scenarion, I can have he and his Master on the streets of Coruscant 40 stories below. In the Boutny hunters mad dash to get out the top of the building, his speeder crashes into the side, raining debris down on the street below. I plan on having his master leap and push kids out of the way, trying to stop the debris from raining down on the street, but becoming overwhelmed, and thus crushed by a coupel tons of duresteel. The Jedi guardian will be struck in the head and knocked out, thus causing he and the soldier to end up in the same medical facility.

Now that they are together, the soldier is tasked with retrieving this rodian, and bringing in the bounty hunter as well. the Jedi Guardian, in mourning for his masters death, asks to be allowed to accompany the soldier in this search for the hunter. One person needs the witness, the other wants justice for his masters killer.

From this point, I have decided that the bounty hunter is to meet with his contacts on thyfferra, since the Twilek Crimelord has part of his organization there (with the kor variety of Ryll spice a needed component of newer Bacta).

From here, there will be an ambush by the group of the twilek spice Lord on thyferra, and then some cat and mouse, leading to them gaining levels so that by the tim ethe NJO roles around, the Vong won't kill them outright ;-)

I plan on going from Thyferra, to Nar Shadda, Rodia, Tatooine, Ryloth, and the a final showdown on Serpindal. This showdown will coincide with the moon crashing into the planet, and then becoming a rescue mission.

So, what do you think of the beginning? There is more for me to write later, but this is the quick synopsis.

Any input is awsome. Thanks

Charles

2. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    That's a really good way of introducing the characters, but honestly, I would throw in a little action at the medical facility to boot after they get to talking for a bit and let their gaurd down. For instance, say there is an element of sabotage like a bomb going off that was intended for the soldier or some other disturbance that is somehow related that happens nearby.

Just something to chew on. It's your story after all.

3. chickey

Oct 21, 2002
    thanks Jar Jar, I actually can use that idea perfectly. I will do a "medical marijuana" type raid from a band of scoundrels, and they get sent to track the thieves (along with the BH) to thyferra...

Thats actually gives them the first opertunity to work together and introduce themselves...

Thanks!

4. Hannibalscipio

Hannibalscipio Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2002
    Hey, it sounds great to me. That could make for a really compelling storyline, which is what you really need. The heroes will be like 5th level or higher by the time they fight the Vong. Great idea. If I come up with any ideas, I'll post again.

5. chickey

Oct 21, 2002
    I jsut thought of somethign else. I wil have them get mixed up with the Red knights of rhommel (or whatever that society was) and give an early introduction to Nom Anor, in ooglith disguise ;-)

6. Goo_Child

Goo_Child Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Dang! that's good. I can't figure out which era I want to GM in yet. Your doing better that me.

7. chickey

Oct 21, 2002
    NJO, without a doubt is the best era I believe. You have the freedom to expand on exsisting plots, to go behind the scenes for example.

In the Old republic, if you play a Jedi, it doesn't make sense that he will survive the purge. If you play in the rebellion, you don't have the option of playing all the available classes. But in the NJO, you have darksiders, bounty hunters, imperial remnant, and of course the Vong.

I just see so much that you can do in the NJO compared to the others, and I think it's even better for the Jedi characters. Nobody in this time knows how the old Jedi functioned, so it allows for more freedom...

These are just my opinions of course.

8. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    There is also a great deal of freedom for the GM and the players in the Tales of the Jedi era. There are so many possibilities, and because it is so far in the past, there is no need to worry about messing up the timeline; there is plenty of time left for everything to work itself out if you do something crazy.
    Added bonus: no Vong. ;)

9. Goo_Child

Jul 31, 2002
    I decided today that I'm doing it in the NJO. I just need to write an adventure.

I love the final fight on Sernpedale(sp?) thing.

10. chickey

Oct 21, 2002
    I have decided that right at that climantic moment of victory, when the news of the coming destruction of serpindal is heard, the Bounty Hunter will offer his ship as a refugee transport (as long as HE flies it alone), to give them an even bigger moral dilema. Capture him, sacriice a hundred lives, let him go, save a hundred lives....

truely evil me thinks ;-)

If all goes to plan, from the year leading to the NJO, through the 5 years spanning the NJO, to whatever goodness comes afterward, this same darn Bounty hunter will still be out there ;-)

11. Goo_Child

Jul 31, 2002
    may I use your idea and tweak it to my liking?

12. chickey

Oct 21, 2002
    it's not like I can stop you ;-)

Sure, have fun, but just keep me posted with how it goes and what happens ;-)

13. Jacen13

Jacen13 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2002
    Have the Bounty Hunter leave a decoy on Thyferria. The Heroes go through a lot of trouble to get the rodian, only to find out that the bounty hunter still has the guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.