main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How does this grab you. Instead of Gungans, we have wookiees?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Ignant, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    Now, I like the Gungans, and I like Jar-Jar. But, I think it would have been nice to have wookiees instead. They could be the isolationists of TPM. Instead of Jar Jar, we could have a young wookiee, not Chewie) getting saved by Qui-Gon and thus owing a life debt. He could still be goofy, but not Jar Jar goofy, if you take my meaning. Obviously, EU has covered wookiees and Kashyyyk extenisvely, but who cares? GL changes what he wnats, when he wants. And, by the looks of the trailer for ROTS, we get a wookiee battle, so it would be a re-match after their loss in TPM (until Anakin took out the ship, obviously)

2. Shrapnel

Shrapnel Jedi Master star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    I like the idea. This could have been a way to bind both trilogies closer. The only thing thing is that the whole underwater part should have been removed since wookies aren't sea creatures.

And I always tought that instead of Naboo, it should have been Alderaan, (but then again would Palpy have allowed his home world blown away?)

3. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    I think the gungans are a great part of TPM. They're fun and they fit the mood of the movie perfectly.
    Wouldn't have it any other way, really.

Gungans are silly
    /LM

4. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    Yes, I'd change underwater to trees...true, tehy featured in the last movie made, but in the order Gl wants them, they'd be bookends.

5. Bruce_the_Bith

Bruce_the_Bith Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 8, 2005
    I'd personally prefer Ewoks in TPM. And then at the end of ROTS, or actually at the beginning of ANH, we see the Death Star Blow up Naboo (where the Ewox are from), but also a shot of some space race evacing the Ewoks the forest Moon. And finally comes Ep. 6 where the Ewox Strike Back!

Wow! That's a really good idea!

6. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    Actually, it's not. Most primitive beings aren't able to build gigantic tree cities in 35 years.

7. Order_66_Sith

Order_66_Sith Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2005
    I would have preferred it, but Lucas wanted to create a new alien race that the kids like so that he could sell more toys, that is what the PT is really all about...he can already sell wookie toys, but now he can sell both wookie and gungun toys

8. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    I, of course, like Wookiees over Gungans, so yes, I'd go with that idea.

9. GrandAdmiralJeff

GrandAdmiralJeff Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2005
    And I always tought that instead of Naboo, it should have been Alderaan, (but then again would Palpy have allowed his home world blown away?)

Palpetine is the frigen dark lord of the Sith, do you think he cares about his homeplanet?

10. Covenant

Covenant Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2002
    This is a cool idea... but the problem with JarJar was not how he looked, it was how he was used.

After seeing ROTS... Lucas has clearly evolved as a director from Ep 1 to Ep 3

11. Arch_Clone_Trooper

Arch_Clone_Trooper Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    good idea but then there wouldnt of been a flappy ear guy and this way he made more money... another race... and they were cool in the battle...

12. AnakinBrego

AnakinBrego Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2004
  13. brainsushi

brainsushi Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2004
    I think if Naboo were replaced by Alderan, the destruction of the planet in SW would have been a lot more dramatic, because we'd have a deeper connection to it having been there in the past three films.

14. darthYENIK

darthYENIK Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

I think it would have been awesome. But I like the gungans. They're no wookies, but still cool.

15. Nur_Ab_Sal

Nur_Ab_Sal Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2004
    TPM without bubble city? No way!

16. Darth_Surgent

Darth_Surgent Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2004
    I don't mind Gungans in general. Just Jar Jar and Boss Nass.

General Tarpals doesn't bother me at all, for example.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.