main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How does this look?

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by VoijaRisa, Oct 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    This is a shot that I'm using for the Matrix film I'm working on now. To keep the file size low, I've compressed it pretty heavily and cut it down to 320x240. The sky took the brunt of it and it's very obvious, but that's not actually there in a better quality version.

The file can be found here. Right click and save. It's QT Sorensen 3 ~2.1 MB.

I think I'm going to add a slight shake to the camera and I'm hoping I can find some good smoke footage to add in at the end but as of yet haven't been able to find anything.

2. Bert_Wagner

Bert_Wagner Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2002
    wow, thats actually pretty good. the explosion is a little too slow though for that type in my opinion.

-bert

3. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    I intended for it to be a little slow. Like I mentioned, this is a Matrix fan film so if you watch closely, the explosion starts off pretty fast but after about 1/2 a second slows down to a slow motion sort of speed.

4. PixelMagic

PixelMagic Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 8, 2001
    Also, don't use an Add or Screen to composite the explosion in. You cannon see though a real explosion. Key out the black like a bluescreen.

5. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Seeing as how my bandwidth for my site is now maxed out, I have a feeling that more than 2 people have taken a look at this. If you're going to steal my bandwidth, at least comment you inconsiderate people you! :mad:

6. Figrin-Dan_Man

Figrin-Dan_Man Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    Hey, man, send me it, I'll host for ya.

7. vanpuyer8

vanpuyer8 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2002
    *Waits for Fig to post on his webpage*

8. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    looks a lot like you are using a geocities server to me.

9. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    awww Fig what would this forum do without you? ;)

10. myself_me

myself_me Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2003
    Same as Bert_Wagner said - it was a little bit too slow.

11. Figrin-Dan_Man

Figrin-Dan_Man Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 4, 2002
  12. degobah1

degobah1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 14, 2002
    the area around the explosion warps a little bit before the actual explosion, might wanna tweak that a bit.

13. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    from what I see, it starts warping the same frame as the explosion first appears. But perhaps it warps a bit to much to fast. I'll slow that down a bit.

And thanks to Fig for hosting!

14. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    its pretty cool, but the whole thing seems just a bit unrealistic. overall, i'd give it a 85%. very close, though.

15. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Anything you suggest to improve djr33?

I've improved it a little bit since posting it. I copied the layer of the explosion, and keyed the black back one out, and lowered the opacity a bit so it wasn't so bright. That way it was more opaque.

Also, I still am trying to find a good long stream of smoke to come pouring out. The only thing I've found so far was detonationfilm's black smoke, but unfortunately, that's just one big puff and it stops. I need something that keeps streaming out. I tryed it with the particle effects and got results that looked fairly realistic, but just not good enough when up against that nice looking explosion.

I'm also looking for a few more fire footage clips similar to the one I used so that I can add a bit of fire to the other floors. I tried duplicating it and delaying it a bit, but it still looked like it was duplicated to much.

The last thing I was thinking about doing was adding a bit of shake to the camera right as it explodes. Any opinions on this?

16. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Looks good to me... and don't forget in the Matrix, whenever something weird happens, things tend to distort a bit... :)

Indy

17. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
  18. durbnpoisn

durbnpoisn TFN Staff Cast & Crew Database star 5 VIP

May 20, 2002
    It's great that you bumped this, but your link appears to be dead.

19. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Fig's isn't. Try that one.

here[/i]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.