main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How does VADER know LUKE is his son and not know LEIA is her sister?????

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by mattalgrand, Aug 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattalgrand

mattalgrand Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 14, 2003
    Whats the dealio?

2. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    Luke has the same last name and, I assume, a stronger Force presence than Leia.

3. Esperanza_Nueva

Esperanza_Nueva Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 23, 2003
    Leia never used the force like Luke did.. Vader sensed the force in him at the battle of Yavin.. so yeah.. Vader had a connection with Luke that he didnt have with Leia

4. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Leia never used the force like Luke did

How about resisting the mind probe? ;)

5. darkOmegazer0

darkOmegazer0 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    Because they're
    Anakin SKYWALKER
    Luke SKYWALKER
    Leia Organa

6. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    After Yavin, Vader tortures a rebel soldier to reveal the name of the one who destroyed the Death Star. Also a female bounty hunter found out it was Luke who destroyed the Death Star and told the Empire, thus confirming it was Luke.

7. J-Solo

J-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 1999
    Well, the "real world" reason is that not even Lucas knew Leia was going to be Luke's sister.

In the films...well, first: when did Vader discovered about his son? And how? I mean, he didn't know in the battle of Yavin. I know some people think so, but it doesn't make sense. Vader sensed Obi-Wan's presence, and not Luke's. And during the battle he was going to kill the fighter in front of him, not knowing it was his own son.

So, when did he find out? Did he research about that fighter and discovered the truth about him?

ps: and why did they let Luke keep his last name, if they wanted to hide him? Hhehehee...lot's of plot holes.

8. Darth_Rogue

Darth_Rogue Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    Esperanza Nueva
    "Leia never used the force like Luke did."

Dark Lady Mara
    "How about resisting the mind probe ;) "

She also sensed Luke on Cloud City.

9. suineme

suineme Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2000
    Well I dont know if I consider Luke keeping the last name Skywalker a plot hole. If it were, why would Obi Wan leave him at Uncle Owen's place? Darth Vader knew about that place, that's where his mom was buried. So something else is going on besides Obi Wan simply hiding Luke. We will have to wait 2 years to find out what that is.

10. Esperanza_Nueva

Esperanza_Nueva Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 23, 2003
    ah.. sorry bout that.. by "like Luke did" i meant "in the same way Luke did" -so that Vader would be able to sense him

11. qui-gon-kim

qui-gon-kim Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2001
    It's very possible that Anakin knows Padme is pregnant, but not know she has twins until he probes Luke's mind in ROTJ.

12. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Vader didn't know who Luke was until between ANH and ESB. And at that point, it was fairly obvious of Luke's heritage. There's also a good thread about the Vader/Leia connection. ;)

13. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    Maybe in Ep. III someone tells Anakin that the Lars' were killed, therefore he has no reason to look for his son there. Just a guess but who knows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.