main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO How excited are you about Knights of the Old Republic II?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Dark_Side_Otaku, Dec 4, 2004.

?

How excited are you about Knights of the Old Republic II?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Very. I am wetting myself with anticipation.

27.3%
  2. Looking forward to it.

36.4%
  3. Eh...

27.3%
  4. I hated the first one.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I like bread.

9.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark_Side_Otaku

Dark_Side_Otaku Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2004
  2. Dark_Side_Otaku

Nov 27, 2004
    Just so I don't feel alone.

<sigh>

3. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    really cant say that i am cause i have never really played the first one. i would like to though.

4. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    i like bread 8-}

5. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    The lttile I have played of the first one as good. SO the second one should be good.

6. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Looking forward to it...mostly cuz I haven't had the time to really dedicate to finishing the first one. When I play video games, I'm usually working on getting my Jedi in SWG. I'm close...but still quite a few weeks out. :D

7. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Played the first. It was great. But this one is just a new story wrapped around the same engine with only slight tweaks. I look forward to it, but not quite wetting myself over it.

8. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Actually, now I'm stuck playing the JTL expansion for SWG, flying missions for the Hutts and the Smuggler Alliance. :D

9. Dark_Side_Otaku

Nov 27, 2004
    Well, the report is, it's good. Doesn't seem as great as the first one, but it's good.

10. JediKnightAlestor

JediKnightAlestor Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 23, 2004
    Well I say eh.

Just Because the last one was to easy to figure out! I was looking forward to a game that would suprize me again and again, but that didn't happen. (MEATBAG)lol. The fighting sucked you should be able to do it like in JediKnight Jedi Acadamy!
    Well any way all i liked was that you the newest padawan was is the dark sith lord Darth Reven! and by the way I also was pritty upset ablot the fact that you couldn't just wip out your long glowing squewer of doom.(for those that don't know what i am talking about is the light sabre)I was pissed that I couldn't kill the Jawas! I hate them almost as bad as Jar-jar!!!!!!!!!! SO that is why I say Eh.. to Knights of the Old Republic II!!!!

AND WHAT KINDA STAR WARS FREAKS ARE YOU NOT FINISHING THE FIRST ONE ITS NOT THAT HARD!!! I AM ASHAMED OF ALL OF YOU WHO NEVER FINISHED IT!!! CAUSE IF I CAN FINISH IT IN A WEEK ANYONE CAN FINISH IT!!!! I PLAYED ONLY 2HRS A DAY FOR A WEEK AND I FINISHED IT!!!!!!!!!!

The Guy Formaly Known As Alestor Hontun
    Mike

11. Dark_Side_Otaku

Nov 27, 2004
    Well, beat KOTORII today on the light side. I still like the first one better, but this one has a much darker plot line. I like dark. The little twists and turns are also kind of hard to follow until you get a grasp of what's going on.

All in all, 8 out of 10.

Now for the dark side...

12. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    I am about to load KOTOR on the comp.It should be fun

13. Marauder_x

Marauder_x Jedi Youngling

Dec 27, 2004
    I've played through the game three times, twice lightside and once dark and I have to say I'm still disappointed..

Not only is the game glitchy at times (wtf is that about?)but I thaught the storyline/plot could have been much better, another problem I had with the game is that the maps are even smaller and more restrictive than those of KotOR.I'm not asking for SWG style worlds or even like Morrowind but c'mon, these are just too small.

My Rating-

KotOR: 8.6

KotOR II: 7.7 (I feel that is very generous)

14. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    I just beat KOTOR.I want to play KOTOR 2 so bad

15. MoD-Sith

MoD-Sith Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2003
    my birthday was on the 11th, and i got a bunch of money, and i was gonna go buy KOTOR II, and was really sad when i learned that it doesn't come out for PC until February 8th, im having a really hard tim not spending my 55 dollars.

16. Kaety

Kaety Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    I've played both the first and second but to really enjoy the game you need to play it with a 4 or 7 year old girl(my daughters) and let them make the decisions. My 7 year old was so far on the light side it was unbelievable. My four year old - She chose the dark path...

The game is fun but we liked it better on the x-box for what that's worth.

17. Jada_Kraden

Jada_Kraden Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2003
    I beat the sith snot outta both!
    Maxed lightside both games...

I think the graphics and overall feel of the 1st was better, but the fighting itself in 2nd was better.

The first one had some intense cut scenes that added to the story. Where the second had very few, and were very short..

I also thought the ending cut scene for II, lightside, was the most crappy thing I've ever seen...aside from those games that end with. "Game Over"

"Insert puzzled look here"

I'm all for being left on the edge with questions, but then I also like some bit of closure to what took me 30+ hours to beat. I guess I will just need to keep in mind the series is a trilogy, and hope to be blown away with the 3rd.

Kotor 4 of 5 stars
    Kotor II 3 of 5 stars

18. MoD-Sith

MoD-Sith Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2003
    i think kotor 2 would have been much more fun if several things were to have been made better:

1- they could have made it easier and more obvious that you could make pretty much your whole party jedi

2- made the end boss not so nearly ridiculously hard

3- fixed the 1/4 loading bug sooner so i didn't have to start from 4 hours in the past 3 times

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.