main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ***How Far? *** 7/8 (Post NJO J/J viggie) oh thank heaven, author replies 7/11

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jags_gurl, Jul 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    I was bitten by the plot bunny today and I had to write this one down before the bunny got away. The song in the beginning is by Martina McBride and it's called 'How Far'... thus the inspiration!

Enjoy!

And don't forget to review, please! Thanks a bil!

P.S. Please note I just wrote this and it's late at night and unbetaed - I don't have a beta anymore, if anyone wants to be my beta PM me - so pardon if it's awful or there are typos!

There you are, giving up the fight
    Here I am begging you to try
    Talk to me, let me in.
    But you just put your wall back up again
    Oh when's it gonna end?

How far do I have to go to make you understand?
    I wanna make this work so much it hurts, but I just can't
    Keep on giving, go on living with the way things are
    So I'm gonna walk away,
    And it's up to you to say how far.

There's a chance I could change my mind
    But I won't, not till you decide
    What you want, what you need
    Do you even care if I stay or leave?
    Oh, what's it gonna be?

So I'm gonna walk away,

Out of this chair, or just across the room,
    Halfway down the block or halfway to the moon?

So I'm gonna walk away
    And it's up to you to say
    Yeah I'm gonna walk away

?Jaina, please,? Jagged Fel said, raking a hand through his short, black hair. He rubbed a finger against the white scar marring his forehead. ?Please, let me in.?

He heard a thud, imagining her to have bumped her back into the door and sliding down to a sitting position as she always did when they wound up like this.

?Not now, Jagged,? a disembodied voice stated.

?Then when, Jaina?? he shot, his temper starting to flare. He tamped it down though, recognizing the fact that venting irritation at her would not improve his situation. ?You are always working, or doing Jedi business or something to talk with me. We haven?t had dinner or lunch or breakfast together in 3 months! I feel like I barely know you.?

?You make it sound as if it was all my fault. You are rarely on planet, and when you are, you come in at obscure hours or when something big is breaking with the Council,? she returned.

Jag rested his head against the cool durasteel of her bedroom door. ?Well, I am here now.?

?Astute observation, Colonel Obvious.?

He choked back a frustrated growl, knowing beforehand that that was how she would respond. She was too predictable. This was not the way he was ever going to get her to open that door. He knew her better than that, and deciding after a pause that the best way to get to Jaina would be not to force his way in or convince her otherwise, but to get her to come out to him.

His clear, pale green eyes narrowed as he considered his options. Yes, his girlfriend was a tricky one, and her nature was to be contrary and as unpredictable as possible. They never had a chance to spend more than a handful of hours together, and usually they would end up bickering about the lack of time spent together. Both were Corellian, both were stubborn, and both were their fathers? children.

They had moved in together a few months after Jag had returned from Csilla, not to say that they lived together. Jaina usually was not home when he was there, and vice versa, and both were often gone for long months at a time. The distance and lack of time had contributed to the slow suffocation of their relationship, but Jag was not going to let it go without a fight. He had to win her back, remind her of her priorities in life, remind her of her love for him.

?Jaina, I would put my career on hold for you. Yours is just rising. Would you do the same?? Jag asked suddenly.

There was a long pause, and his heart sunk, hoping her t

2. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Wow. That was awesome jg!!! :D You really should write more stuff, I just love it all! [face_love] ;) Jaina and Jag were written perfectly and I just loved the situation you stuck them in. [face_love] Great job! :D

3. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    That was pretty good, for the mushy type of stuff. Nice writing. Now you have to read mine, or else...[face_devil].

No you don't have to, but if you do it is Rise of the New Empire

4. jaynasolofel

jaynasolofel Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2003
    Great work jags_gurl, a fitting "backward" marriage proposal for our favorite couple. They are so stubborn, you said it perfectly- they are their father's children.

JaY

5. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    wonderful job! i loved it! mush!

6. JainaSticksSolo19

JainaSticksSolo19 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 31, 2003
    i loved it! mush mush! it was great. you write jag/jaina so well. it was great. i loved ti really loved it!

7. whats-her-face

whats-her-face Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2004
    Cheesecake! ;)

Loved it, j_g! So mushy, so yummy [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

8. tiedyerocks

tiedyerocks Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2004
    great job I love the mush how do you do it when I try to write it is kind dull

9. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    That was actually so well-done and funny and heart-warming. I've got to go hit myself.

10. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    This was good. I think its quite fitting that the proposal be a deal.... they're almost too stubborn to do it any other way.
    It seemed real too, with Jag's ploy taking a life of its own. 'Cause sometimes you say something and then you find yourself in a position you didn't intend to be in when you began. (if that makes any sense)
    I liked the 'oh great. here he goes/here she goes.' thing. They know each other so well, yet still surprise each other a bit. I think I was a bit surprised as well at the end. I knew how I wanted it to end, but you kept me from being absolutely certain until the end.

Nice job, jags_gurl.

11. Rouge_JeDi_NuRse

Rouge_JeDi_NuRse Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 6, 2004
    big sigh.... sooo cute i want a jagged fel i want one now.....

12. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    Jaina_and_Jag :Wow. That was awesome jg!!! You really should write more stuff, I just love it all! [face_blush] Aww, shucks? thank you!

darth_nemesis : That was pretty good, for the mushy type of stuff Why thank you! :D Now you have to read mine, or else I?ll try, but I?m about to go out of town and I have to pack! No internet for me for 2.5 weeks? :(

jaynasolofel : a fitting "backward" marriage proposal for our favorite couple. LOL when I started to write it, I didn?t want a proposal in there at all?but it just sort of happened! Hee hee

name wise twin! : wonderful job! i loved it! mush! Thanks, name wise twin! I tried :)

JainaSticksSolo19 : you write jag/jaina so well. [face_blush] awwwww, shoot! Thank you! I try so hard to nail their characters and their relationship how I see it!

whats-her-face : So mushy, so yummy The cheesecake or my story? ;) 8-}

tyedyerocks : I love the mush how do you do it when I try to write it is kind dull Oh, I?m sure that isn?t true! I happen to think I?m an awful mush writer, but I learn from other stories? plus experiences! ;) 8-}

DarthIshtar : I've got to go hit myself. LOL, why is that? Did you like the mush too much? 8-}

Solo_and_Fel : It seemed real too, with Jag's ploy taking a life of its own. 'Cause sometimes you say something and then you find yourself in a position you didn't intend to be in when you began. (if that makes any sense) Oh, trust me, it does. That is practically my life story right there! [face_laugh] I think I was a bit surprised as well at the end. Good, I like to keep my readers guessing and riveted to the story, hee hee hee

Rouge_JeDI_NuRse : sooo cute i want a jagged fel i want one now..... I know, me too! ;)

13. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Aww, shucks? thank you!
    You're welcome! :) Now go make more! :p

14. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    Yay, J/J mush. [face_love] :* 8-}

Jaina made the right choice, smart girl. Who in their right mind would turn down Jagged Fel. *swoon* =P~ 8-}

That was really lovely Squishy. Great job. More, please? :D

15. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Aw, that was sweet! And it fit their relationship so well! Awesome job, jags_gurl!

~LtJS @};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.