main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How freaking old is Pellaeon?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Apprentice_Anakin, Nov 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apprentice_Anakin

Apprentice_Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Sep 17, 2001
    In the first Thrawn novel of the Trawn Trilogy, the opening page describes Palleon as having "over 50 years of experience with the Empire". Well aside from the fact that the Empire wasn't around 50 years before that time, how old is Palleon? He'd have to be a minimum of 68 right? Being 18 when he started? Or was he "born into service" and decides to think of hiw whole life as service for the Empire? And if he's 68 then, how old is he during the NJO-era? He's freaking old. He should be in a wheelchair, taking lots of meds, and sleeping 18 hours a day, instead of leading the Empire...

Not knowing of a Palleon, I assume you mean the current SC of Imperial forces. ;)

2. exar-tull

exar-tull Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 22, 2001
    medical care for those who can afford it is really adavanced,as an galactic leader he'd get the best.

anywere in the range of 80-100+,he also lied about his age to enlist i beleive he was 16 years old when he enlisted.

3. Apprentice_Anakin

Apprentice_Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Sep 17, 2001
    Hmm... I don't recal where thats from.. can you post the source?

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I'd venture a guess that that comes from the NEGTC.

Also, his 50 years of service now refers back to his service under the Republic, as the Republic is the Empire.

5. JoruusCbaoth

JoruusCbaoth Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2003
    The HTTE sourcebook listed him as 70+, making him at least 65 at Endor. Add 25 years to that and he's at least 90 in TUF.

6. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

ILLUMINATUS_JEDI Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    I think one of the force heretic books said he was 100 or 101.

I suspect he will bw the "major daeth" of Denning's trilogy or the 9 book series, he can't live much longer... sadly :(

7. Esplin9466

Esplin9466 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 27, 2002
    Sure he can. Pellaeon is a licensed GOD. :cool:

8. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    For someone who's probably 90 or so he looks like he's in his late 60's or 70's from his few NJO picks.

9. Samuel

Samuel Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2001
    well he has spent most of his time in space and not on a planet..maybe that has something to do with ageing.

10. I-poodoo

I-poodoo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2001
    "For someone who's probably 90 or so he looks like he's in his late 60's or 70's from his few NJO picks."

That's just the product of a healthy lifestyle being a soulless cog in the oppressive might for a megalomaniac like Palpatine.
    (I kid...I kid!)

Seriously though...
    who knows how long the average lifespan of a human is in the GFFA, I'd imagine that medical tech and knowledge is far advanced than we have on this world.
    Plus even if he's past the average age of people in the GFFA there's always an exception to any rule.

Hmm...perhaps we should start calling him Methuselah.

11. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    For someone who's probably 90 or so he looks like he's in his late 60's or 70's from his few NJO picks.

That's ok, a fifty-something Mara looks like she's in her twenties according to artwork from the same series.

12. JoruusCbaoth

JoruusCbaoth Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2003
    He was referred to as "middle aged" in the Thrawn trilogy.

For what it's worth, Captain Dorja is five years older than Pellaeon. Dorja's portrait in Rebellion didn't look anywhere close to a man in his 60s, though Pellaeon's did.

13. DaJames

DaJames Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2000
    Won't be long before someone mentions those wacky geriatrics in charge of Bakura ;)

As long as there has been an Empire, there has been a Pellaeon and as long as the Empire lives, Pellaeon cannot die MWUAH-HAH-HAH !! For he is the true spirit of the Empire, unlike that pretender Palpatine, and cannot be killed through normal means.

<looks around> now where is a stake when you really need one ? :p

14. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Vima-Da-Boda is 200. Some species, human or alien, have long life spans. Don't base them on Earthian comparisons, this is another galaxy and sci fi. Anything realistically can happen; and old humans isnot realistic.

15. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    DaJames. Maybe his mom was Bakuran. ;)

OR maybe the current Pellaeon is a clone! :eek:

16. Asyr Handor

Asyr Handor Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 1999
    Considering that the WHO just made a big deal about their report which states that by 2300 all people in developed countries can expect to live until at least 100, I don't think it is at all far fetched for people in the GFFA (obviously a lot more medically advanced than us) to live into their 100s.

17. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    Use of bacta might be able to retard some of the more obvious effects of aging.

18. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    For he is the true spirit of the Empire, unlike that pretender Palpatine, and cannot be killed through normal means.

If that perennial failure is the spirit of the Empire, I might as well eat my Imperial Seal now.

He's just one step above Daala, in that he isn't sociopathic.

19. yoda-man17

yoda-man17 Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2004
    I dont know but Pelleaon is pretty cool. Yeah they are right though he could be real old and no one would know it. I hope they dont kill him off.

20. wicket1138

wicket1138 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 10, 2002
    From the official site "As a young man, Pellaeon lied about his age to gain admittance into Raithal Academy, one of the most prestigious military learning centers in the galaxy." So yes, he did enlist early, I know there is a source that said the exact age of his enlistment, but I can't find it at the moment.

Pellaeon is certainly one of my favorite characters right now and I'm glad he has lived this long. He is practically the embodiment of the Empire without its 'evil' characteristics. He served under every great commander and has absorbed all of the genius of his commanding officers. It would be a pity for him to be killed off, although with the death of other Admirals that I used to love, I suppose its inevitable. I wouldn't mind carrying him until hes over hundreds of years old. But Pellaeon is human, and it seems likely that he'll either die of old age or sometime soon in battle. I just hope that he doesn't go out like a whimp.

21. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    When he dies, (though he might be around 200 when he does) the Moffs are gonna make sure there's an Admiral they can slap around.

I know this is probably not the greatest idea, but it would be cool if Pellaeon had cloned Thrawn himself so that when the Moffs try to take power, they get a wonderful surprise.

22. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    If you look at human history, as medical knowledge and treatment goes up, so does teh average age of death.

Also, it's possible that hyperspace could have slight Relitivity effects.

I don't think it would be possible for them to make him go out like a wimp. He (in MHO) has become actualy one of the greatest heros. Has far surpassed Mothma and Ackbar. He started out as a villain. Not an exceptionaly evil villan, but a villain noone the less. Then he went on being under the command of villains, but by the time of HoT, it was obvious that he was not evil any more. Then his goodness went up when he made peace with the New Republic. His heroism went up in the NJO as well.

It would be like giving one of the major heros a dumb death. And they definately didn't do that for Chewie. And from what I heared, they gave Anakin a good death as well.

23. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    Pellaeon's death could be offscreen, though.

I think Sarreti, Yage (if she ever appears again) or possibly one of the Fels would make a good Imperial leader.

24. WraithThirteen

WraithThirteen Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2004
    Pellaeon's age of enlistment, according to a story he was telling Jacen Solo in Force Heretic: Remnant, was 15. I just finished reading the Thrawn Trilogy (again) and I don't recall a mention of Pellaeon's age specifically. Let's theorize, since Pellaeon mentions serving the republic, that he enlisted around the time of the Clone Wars. That would roughly make him 40 during A New Hope. NJO takes place 25-30 years after ANH, putting Pellaeon between 70 and 75 years of age. This is just MY opinion, but the math seems to add up to a logical solution. It also helps avoid the need for the old "Different human species age at different rates" argument.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.