main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How gay is your city?

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by VadersLaMent, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Right after Og insulted Mog's fire by saying it was dumb and pointless.

2. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    It's more fun to mock and demean a disgustingly homophobic attitude rather than make a futile attempt to change the homophobe's mind.

3. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    It's more fun to mock and demean someone who is mocking and demeaning those who mock and demean a disgustingly homophobic attitude rather than make a futile attempt to change the homophobe's mind.

4. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    DADT had been on its way out for years, simply because it homosexuality is becoming more and more accepted. The majority of armed forces personnel don't really care about who's screwing who.

The actual repeal with Obama's signature was little more than a feel-good-for-the-cameras moment, as evidenced by the number of soldiers, sailors and airmen who responded to the end of DADT with a half-hearted "meh". It wasn't a landmark Montgomery Boycott Redux civil rights event, as the hardcore leftists would like to think, nor was it the beginning of the age of Apocalypse as the tighty righties (who were equally appalled at the generic "meh" heard 'round the world's US military bases) like to think.

All in all, the only real change that came about with the end of DADT was a bureaucratic one; now same-sex spouses can have patients and/or remains discharged into their care. Whoop-dee-friggin-doo.

EDIT -- In summation. Laissez les bon temps roulet. As long as your not sticking it in small children, farm animals, pool filter intakes, or pinatas, I've got no reason to judge you.

And furries. I judge furries.

5. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Well said.

6. wannasee

wannasee Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2007
    I didn't say anything homophobic.

7. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
  8. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Yeah, I know. Gays just make you uncomfortable. We have a strict hierarchy that must be adhered to-- 50 problems must be solved before we can address discrimination against homosexuals! Society and governments with massive bureaucracies can't take on multiple issues.

9. wannasee

wannasee Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2007
    I said that gays get a lot of attention for being such a small percentage of the population. That doesn't make me a homophobe.

Don't flame or you'll be gone from here before you can say "wut".

10. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i got 49 problems but the gays ain't one.

11. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    beat me to it.

12. somethingfamiliar

somethingfamiliar Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2003
    i was thinking you don't really hear much about gay stuff these days what with the economy and all that, but i guess it depends on what you're into or what news sources you like or whatever

13. GrandAdmiralPelleaon

GrandAdmiralPelleaon Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2000
    Flame you say. :p

14. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I see what you did there.

15. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    How do you explain all the male om male grabass that takes place between politicians and interns in Republican offices then?

Doesn't matter, anything consensual shouldn't have a god damn thing to do with others. Gay couples should have just as much a right to be miserable like straight couples. WTF is anyone to judge others, when it doesn't affect them in the least? Homophobia is just straight hatred for lack of something easier to hate. People that try and be all moral highgroundy, usually have the least amount of morality, so screw them.

If you can't accept thosde people, shut your door, pull the curtains, and shelter yourself with your idealistic thoughts of how people should behave and live.

And that isn't aimed at you Lee, just a general opinion on the way I see it.

16. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    Maybe it's just me, but I get the feeling this list is bit tongue-in-cheek (no pun intended).

Still, Seattle is totally gay. [face_love]

17. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    My town actually has an amazing support network. An active PFLAG group, a charity that has a pantry and thrift shop, regular pride events and fundraisers. It's good to be gay here.....

18. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I find it pretty hard to believe Salt Lake City is #1. I live here and there are far too many religious nut jobs and there have been a bunch of anti gay beatings in the news in past months. The factors they use to get these numbers don't really favor big cities.

19. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    I already addressed it, ASG. The whole "gay agenda" thing is just a false fear in order to drum up quick cash to fill the campaign war chest.

20. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    That list seems not to have taken into account Portland's gay mayor. We're totally gayer than that.

21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Charlotte just elected its first openly gay City Council member, which is progress for us, but I hesitate to call us a "gay friendly city" just yet. Much less a "gay city." Although I'm pretty sure we have nude yoga somewhere. :p

22. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    the reason that there are so many people talking about gays is because the new batman movie is coming out...
    [image=http://files.sharenator.com/gay_comic_5_Batman_and_Robin-s332x400-41615-580.jpg]

yeah...

23. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Don't be silly, Batman isn't gay.
    [image=http://superdickery.com/images/stories/oneshot/smartbombstudios-justice.jpg]

... Er...