main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY How has your life changed?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by LadySith, May 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadySith

LadySith Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2000
    So let's hear it?

How has your life changed since you were waiting patiently to see TPM 10 years ago?

Since then
    My daughter was diagnosed with Autism.
    We celebrated or 20th wedding anniversary and 2 more after that.
    My daughter and husband became certified SCUBA Divers.
    10 months ago I began writing Love Bleeds Eternal, a story that's been kicking aorund in my head the past 20 years.

2. johnnynod

johnnynod Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2009
    Pre-Phantom Menace, eh?

Well...around that time, a nightclub called MOTHER, which catered to the alternative nightlife crowds, opened up and after being such an introvert going through High School, I had gotten a lasting job with the NYPD. A job I've been working in since '92 and continue to hold to this day.

But I digress. MOTHER. Before acknowledging this place as my own personal Studio 54(figuratively speaking, of course), I had made the decision to grow out the hair after looking like a geek for most of my young life. Just to see what kind of an effect it would have on others around me. My mother wasn't too thrilled...but this is MY life. Not hers.

I thought I'd only go to MOTHER for one night. I didn't know anyone and everyone was dressed quite garishly. I didn't know if I'd ever fit in, but it was one of my creative muses...vampires...that served as the catalyst for my eventually becoming "one of the gang", and my social life significantly improved.

In fact, it improved to the point where I invited one of the friends I'd made in there to see a certain film about a certain young boy who grows up to become a certain Sith Apprentice to a certain Sith Lord pretending to be a Naboo Senator.

You know the film I'm talking about...

..."Naboo, 90210". ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.