main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT How have people who troll the prequels affected your love of the movies?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by OBI WAN37, Jul 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I love when you post man!! You call a spade a spade almost 100 percent. The same could be said for that Rebels show, that fans seem to elevate over TCW just because they see Stormtroopers, Tie Fighters and Imperial officers.....its weird but I definitely see what you mean.

2. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    watched The Phantom Menace last night.
    it was so wizard.

3. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    I go back and forth on whether TPM or ROTS is my fave prequel. I don't fully understand why Episode One is hated so much. I can see and adress some flaws, but the positives outweigh the negatives by a large margin. It's so tranquil and symbolic, I dunno.

4. Andy Wylde

Andy Wylde Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2014
    A day without PT trolling is like a day without sunshine!

5. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    apparently, click on something on the star wars facebook page about anything and there's the trolls.

6. sonnyleesmith

sonnyleesmith Jedi Master star 2

Apr 29, 2014
    So people who don't like the PT are not welcome here? Can a civil discourse be had or is it predestined to spiral into a venom spewed hate fest? There are heroes on both sides of this war.

7. Samwise_Skywalker

Samwise_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2002
    I don't see a lot of PT fans spewing much venom, except when being insulted by obvious trolls. Surely, there are people that just don't like the PT and conduct themselves like adults and that's fine, but this topic was started specifically talking about the angry trolls incapable of even entertaining the thought that people like these movies. They are, in fact, in the minority, and sound more like crying toddlers than rational adults.

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I dunno. 'You're an uncompassionate heartless idiot who doesn't understand Lucas' art' is pretty venomous.

sonnyleesmith is right. There are heroes and villains on both sides.

"Your side is worse than my side!" would indeed be a crying toddler argument.

9. Slicer87

Slicer87 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2013

PT haters have the whole internet to complain about the PT. We, the gushers can't say anything nice about the PT on the majority of websites without being gang attacked by bashers with links to Red Letter Media to prove our opinion is somehow wrong. This is one of the few places we can openly talk about the PT without being flooded with RLM links.

10. sonnyleesmith

Apr 29, 2014
    So we're not welcome here then?

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The RLM thread was locked here, and I'm personally fine with that. But dissenting opinion should be allowed--on all sides--without personal attacks, whether it be "you're an idiot and a Lucas apologist" or "you're an idiot who doesn't get Lucas' art".

Force Smuggler and Andy Wylde like this.
  12. Samwise_Skywalker

Samwise_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2002
    Of course you are, so long as you are civil and respectful, as we all should be.

Valairy Scot and Andy Wylde like this.
  13. Darth Schlotkin

Darth Schlotkin Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 6, 2015
    There is civil and there is civil-pretend...
    I've seen plenty of ''civil'' PT-hating posts looking like this:
    ''Well...the prequels are just garbage. Lucas has lost it and is surrounded by ''yes-men''. There's an overuse of CGI, no character development, no story, no nothing...just mindless people not being able to recognize a bad movie when they see one!
    But i guess to each his own, tastes vary...''

Can you see something obviously weird in this example?
    His/her opinion is asserted as fact...and all who like the prequels only like ''.......overuse of CGI, no character development, no story, no nothing...and are just mindless people not being able to recognize a bad movie when they see one''!
    It's not a matter of opinion say whether there was character development or not, it's only a matter of opinion about liking that or not, in the way they ''discuss''.

14. sonnyleesmith

Apr 29, 2014
    While I agree that posts such as these are not civil, especially the first part, the opinion that there's too much CGI, poor character develop etc are fair game, as long as they're not stated as facts. It would be pretty difficult to have a conversation with differing views if we didn't have opinions. It's up to us to be mature enough to both present them and to receive them.

15. Andy Wylde

Andy Wylde Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2014
    The one argument I hate in particular is the "Lucas was surrounded by yes-men". I don't know where this particular line of thought came from, but it is really getting old to me. Just as the "over use of CGI" on too. There is the practical effects thread on here that many are aware of that put the too much CGI nonsense to rest.

16. Darth Schlotkin

Jan 6, 2015

Andy Wylde likes this.
  17. sonnyleesmith

Apr 29, 2014
  18. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I let them have their opinions and I have mine. No difference. Ultimately, who cares. Your opinion is the most important.

19. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    Personally, I think a lot of people consider the PT a bit more polished and a bit more memorable than they let on.

But ultimately, yeah, have your own opinion, and don't stress so much what other people think. As long as they can't oppress you or remove your civil rights.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  20. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Yea i hear you and agree. Mostly everything on Tatooine was gold. The Gungan Battle could have featured Tarpals more than Jar Jar, but ANH is easier to watch than AOTC.

21. Ditolus

Ditolus Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 22, 2005
    no offense but every single clone trooper in the prequels was cg. even the shots of of the clones without the helmets when talking to obi on the ship in rots are cg bodies with real jango heads. the first trooper we see in tfa trailer is an actual person, as well as the shot of the group of stormtroopers in the vehicle. so the differences between the cg use in the prequels and tfa are evident from the very first shot.

22. Darth Schlotkin

Jan 6, 2015
    ...and can you see why they were CGI in the PT and not in TFA?
    hint:CTs were identical...STs are not...(no comment on their unweathered shiny-ness or how they'll move or anything else, too early to form opinion from one shot).
    [​IMG]

23. squir1y

squir1y Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2003
    The only ones who frost my hinder are the ones who say that prequel fans or prequel haters aren't "true fans". Come on! There's no such thing. You either are a fan or you aren't. You don't have to like every aspect of it to be a Star Wars fan. Some people like different parts of the story better than others and that's fine. Some like it all the same and that's okay too. "True fans" is a phrase that needs to be done away with. There are no actual hierarchies when it comes to the enjoyment of a fictional tale.

24. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I'm not going to lie. There are things I strongly dislike about the prequels. They could, and should, have been better. However, I do really enjoy them. My fiancé despises them, but I still enjoy watching them. Even the things that annoy me. The films don't touch the original trilogy for me, but they still have a place in my heart. Ewan Mcgregor especially gives probablyy favorite performance out of all six films. There's a lot to love in the PT.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  25. Darth Schlotkin

Jan 6, 2015
    How have trolls affected my life...
    Hmmm...I just woke up to this amazing reply in a somewhat heated ''discussion'' in youtube:
    https://plus.google.com/114360863897432640841/posts/N4habo8WuEr

+komentardrago
    Wow, I have learned about the whole new meaning of the word pathetic by looking at that thread**. These people are in such a denial and are so obsessed that they can't accept that their favorite movies are flawed as ****. You literally have the explanation of all major problems right in front of you and you still choose to be oblivious. Again, if people like prequels or like them even more than OT, I'm perfectly fine with it. But don't dispute the facts. Your favorite movies are mediocre the best. I won't go over why that is again. Either accept it or be butthurt and waste your time hating "the haters". It's like I state that Jack and Jill is an underrated movie and that every flaw that someone pointed out in it is subjective. I'd be an ignorant idiot.

Or here's a better example. I actually like Godzilla (1998). I watched it all the time as a kid. People despise that movie. Should I be butthurt and go around telling them how an obviously mediocre movie was actually too smart for them to understand? Hell no. The movie sucks but I like it. Don't need a reason for it. It's the same with you and the prequels. The only problem with you is that you act like a douchebag about it.
    **the thread he mentions is this.
    Well...i can honestly say after reading this, while barely woke up & drinking my morning coffee before going to work, that it does affect me, yes.
    Seeing myself me resorting to profanity in some cases, I just wish i had the language skills of Cryogenic (as some have already figured out i guess, English isn't my native language [face_blush] ) so i could ''slaughter'' these kind of people just like Anakin did with the sandpeople...and i can honestly say it makes me even more passionate in my love for the PT, while at the same time having a side-effect of making me somewhat not liking the OT out of spite...I can't be seeing the same things as these people are, can I? If anyone is raping my childhood it's them...
    :(:(:(

mes520 and Andy Wylde like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.