main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How have you reacted to the NJO after the death of a major character in Star by Star?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Raz927, Feb 7, 2002.

?

How have you reacted to the NJO after the death of a major character in Star by Star?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. I loved it-- I hope they kill more characters, keeps me glued to my seat

5.4%
  2. It didn't really affect me, I view the NJO same as previously

2.3%
  3. I'm angry they did that, but I must admit it made the story more interesting

30.0%
  4. I hate the NJO now! But I'll keep reading star wars books even if the Vong kill everyone and the ti

15.4%
  5. I stopped reading the NJO after Star by Star

4.6%
  6. The NJO has been bad from the beginning

23.8%
  7. It was sad, but it's part of what I love about the NJO

13.8%
  8. Its great, I just hope no one else dies

4.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    It was sad, but it's part of what I love about the NJO

I think that this is the best choice for me...

I love how they are shaking things up...now it is more realistic.

2. Arissa

Arissa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2003
    I don`t deny that Anakins death was important for the story development, it was a "good" death, well writen. I would just have liked the whole thing better if he would not have been dead in the end.
    I know that is not possible and the following books were good enough to let me acapt his death, but I can`t like it.
    I was so sad when he died . Maybe my problem was that i hadn`t read the other books.
    When i finished reading them his death fitted into the story like you said DarthAttorney.
    But the question was how i reacted in the first place.

3. Ktulu_Terumo

Ktulu_Terumo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    The fact they kill a major character just brings reality to the NJO. Whoever think someone can't die just because he/she/it's crucial to a story is wrong, I found it appealing, more interesting, and close to reality.
    So, if someone stoped reading NJO just because a major character(s)is(are) dead, then should stop viewing the movies as well, Qui-Gon dies in TPM, Obi-Wan dies in ANH, Anakin/Vader dies in ROTJ.

4. Star-Lead

Star-Lead Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 22, 2003
    Look, there is a difference between a life spent and a life wasted.

Anakin's life was wasted. There was no reason for him to die, and every reason for Jacen to die.

Which of the two has drawn a line against the darkness and held it, no matter the cost?

Which willingly threw himself into battle to save his friends, not caring about whether Light or Dark was influencing his actions?

Which held true to the Jedi throughout the war, to extent of risking his life in evfery major engagement?

You guessed it, Anakin Solo. The same Anakin Solo unjustly killed while Jacen survived.

Is there no justice?

5. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    "Which held true to the Jedi throughout the war, to extent of risking his life in every major engagement?"

I think that was also one of Anakin's major flaws, his recklessness in engagement. As you say, he was always the first one to throw himself into the fray and fight for what for he believed in. He was a rock, unyeilding and unwilling to accept anything other than what he was after. With his discovery of the Force bridging the two cultures through Vong biotechnology, it almost seems like Anakin laid the groundwork for his brother later in the series.

He suffered from that classic Jedi recklessness and frustration which seems to have trickled down the generations of Masters and Apprentices in his line all the way from Count Dooku (if we use the films as a basis for the EU).

6. lightsaber_wielder

lightsaber_wielder Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2002
    Oops, I hit the first option and now I can't change my vote...

Anyway, Anakin's death was sad, but it was great, because it added some reality to Star Wars, and it brought in more darkness than ever (and dark stories, I like!). That being said, Chewbacca's demise had more of an impact on me, because I was brought close to tears. Anakin's death didn't, and despite him being cool, I hope he doesn't return, because that would make the deaths of all other Jedi Knights through history a waste.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.