main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi How important are young adult novels?

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by DSenshi, May 22, 2014.

1. DSenshi

DSenshi Jedi Knight

May 22, 2014
    Greetings! I'm really glad I managed to come across this website, as the community seems friendly, so I thought I'd ask a question that's been bothering me for a while now.

I've been attempting to read the Rise of the Empire era novels in chronological order (Cloak of Deception, Rogue Planet, Outbound Flight, The Approaching Storm, several Clone Wars novels, and the Dark Lord Trilogy), and Wookiepedia's been a great help! However, something concerned me, and it's the young reader novels, such as Jude Watson's Jedi Apprentice/Jedi Quest/Legacy of the Jedi/Secrets of the Jedi and Last of the Jedi books.

Normally, I would just skip these, but Jedi Apprentice, at least the first book, according to a summary it's pretty much Obi Wan's origin story. Being a character that interests me, I would love to get my hands on a copy, but is it worth it? I'm very much aware that the first book was written by Dave Wolverton, however the book is apart of a series, and the series is out of print, so getting copies of a series that spans over a dozen books is a tedious job.

This question also goes for other young adult novels in other timelines.

Much thanks and appreciation in advance.

2. DSenshi

DSenshi Jedi Knight

May 22, 2014
    Uh, just realized I posted this to "Hi" instead of "Questions". Please forgive that.

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
  4. DSenshi

DSenshi Jedi Knight

May 22, 2014
    Thank you, NYCitygurl! I will keep that in mind for future questions!