main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How is Everyone?

Discussion in 'Archive: Fresno, CA' started by Jedi-Finney, May 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sparticus

Sparticus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    My weekend was okay. Got a new computer FINALLY. Of course, it dosent quite run yet, lol!

2. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    good lord it's frickin' hot!!

3. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    im bored.

4. jedivalens

Apr 2, 2001
    i just got home from work....im all ready for bed now......its cold now.

5. jedivalens

Apr 2, 2001
    sure has been quiet lately......

6. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    very bored.

7. jedivalens

Apr 2, 2001
    .....a little too quiet....

8. Jedi_Za-boon-kal

Jedi_Za-boon-kal Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2001
    your paranoid Valens...uh..wait...it is a little TOO quite in here. oh great NOW im paranoid

9. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    **Hears crickets chirping**

10. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    the crickets gets more posts than we do around here. lol.

11. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I am doing better now. I just read on the official site, that AOTC is going to IMAX theatres starting November 1st!

<<This holiday season, Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones will be bigger than ever. Lucasfilm Ltd., The IMAX Corporation and Twentieth Century Fox have announced that Episode II will be coming to IMAX theaters in the United States and Canada starting November 1, 2002.

This is not just the projection of the standard theatrical print on an IMAX screen -- the movie will undergo the revolutionary IMAX DMR (Digital Re-mastering) process, which enhances the quality of the image and soundtrack to the huge IMAX 15/70 format. This marks the first time IMAX DMR has been used to re-master a film that was digitally captured and created.

"Star Wars: Episode II The IMAX Experience will provide an entirely new way to experience the Star Wars universe," says Jim Ward, Vice President of Marketing for Lucasfilm. "For the first time, fans of Star Wars will be able to see all their favorite characters, environments, vehicles and droids in a setting that is up to eight stories high and over a hundred feet wide."

"The combination of Lucasfilm's innovative digital technology and the revolutionary, proprietary IMAX DMR technology will deliver the clear, crisp and sharp images and sound that IMAX theater-goers have grown to expect," says Richard L. Gelfond and Bradley J. Wechsler, Co-Chairmen and Co-CEOs for IMAX Corporation.

"You can't find a movie better suited for the IMAX format," adds Bruce Snyder, President, Domestic Distribution, Fox. "We are thrilled to bring this giant of a film to the giant IMAX screen."

Keep checking starwars.com in the coming weeks for more information about the IMAX release of Episode II.>>

12. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    thats great, stupid fresno closed down the imax theater like a year ago because no one ever went... stupid fresno.

13. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    ^GAH! How close is the next IMAX? It is well worth the trip to see it in IMAX format.

14. jedivalens

Apr 2, 2001
    thats a good question! where is the nearest IMAX? i would love to see AOTC in an IMAX theater!

15. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    road trip to frisco again? lol.

16. Sparticus

May 1, 2002
    STUPID FRESNO!!! Maybe they'll open it just for this.... Not likely. Oh well, I have family on the coast.

17. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    More information from CNN today about the IMAX release:

"Clones" thus becomes the second live action re-release to be scheduled for Imax re-formatting since company unveiled a proprietary conversion process in March. An Imax version of Universal/Imagine's "Apollo 13" bows September 20 in 22 locations.
    Snyder plans to unspool "Clones" in about 50 Imax commercial venues in the U.S. and Canada, and another 20-30 Imax theaters based in science museums and other institutions. Executives believe the picture could add at least $20 million to its current $300 million-plus domestic total. There are no plans to distribute the Imax version of "Clones" internationally.

The Imax-format "Clones" is expected to run about seven weeks, set just after "Apollo" and before "The Lion King." The Mouse House has its own process for converting cartoons into Imax format and plans to release its upcoming "Treasure Planet" simultaneously in conventional and giant-screen theaters in November.

**No word yet which IMAX theatres will have AOTC.

18. Sparticus

May 1, 2002
    *keeps fingers crossed* C'mon Fresno!! Do something cool for once!!!

19. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    fresno sucks. always has. always will.

20. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    More news on IMAX release today. They are going to cut 23 minutes from AOTC in order to put the movie into IMAX form. What scenes do you think they will cut? And do you think this will interfere with the storyline of the film?

21. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    that blows, well i'm still going to see it when i go to vegas over thanksgiving!

22. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    It's been awhile since I checked the avatars available! M_J_F, there are about 3 new Mara icons---Not sure if you want to use one.

DSGeorge, I've got the perfect one for you:

[image=http://www1.theforce.net/icons/publicicons2/kit_smile.gif]

LOL!! :D [face_laugh]

23. DarksiderGeorge

DarksiderGeorge Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 29, 2002
    ^^^^

LOL!!! [face_laugh]

BTW, Very nice avatar Jirin !!!

I may have to take that Fisto Icon!!

HAHAHAHAHA!!

24. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    I am glad you liked it, dude. :D

There is another cool one, I ALMOST had to choose it, based on it being representative of one of my favorite darkside moments in SW history:

Anakin's Fury

25. jedivalens

Apr 2, 2001
    i heard that the 23 minutes of cut footage will not take away from the storyline.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.