main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

how is padme naive?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Phantom Menace' started by Evil_Billaba, Oct 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evil_Billaba

Evil_Billaba Jedi Master star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    How is she naive like plapatine said?

2. SWfan2002

SWfan2002 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    One way I think Padme was naive in TPM was that she had no military to protect her planet and her people from invasion. The resistence put up by the Naboo to save their planet from the Trade Federation was basically nonexistant.

A good Queen would have identified the threat of invasion early enough to rally her people around defending all that they have on Naboo, thereby preserving the peace. If this was not possible then she should have at least sought the help of other planetary systems with existing military capabilities to come to her aid.

3. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    She wasn't as naive as he thought. Palpatine underestimated her.

Or, he understood her perfectly fine, and was lying to the Neimodians so they would underestimate her, and thus get screwed over in the process.

4. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Well, Palpatine, as usual, was being overconfident. I've heard it's his weakness.

Also, any 14 year old is somewhat naive to the ways of the world (galaxy, in this case), even if he/she (she, in this case) is elected queen.

5. Jedi_Lord_Windu

Jedi_Lord_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2003
    hmmm overconfidence, the weakness of many a sith lord

6. The-Great-One

The-Great-One Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2003
    Palpatine manipulated her into that no confidence vote against Valorum so I 'd say he was on the money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.