Discussions How is the character Kreia right in her feelings towards the Force?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by DarthZotte, Feb 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. DarthZotte Jedi Padawan

star 1
    Kreia from KOTOR II hates the Force, and though she has a very deep, rich knowledge of it, she hates it and wants to work hard to get rid of it. She hates the Force because it has a destiny for everybody, and she believes that people should have complete and total freedom to make their own decisions regarding their destiny. What do you all of you think of this? Do you think Kreia's feelings are right, or do you think the Force allows everything to work out in the end? Keep in mind that it was the will of the Force that the Jedi were wiped out almost to extinction in ROTS and Anakin became Darth Vader.
    zompusbite likes this.
  2. BenKenobi1138 Jedi Youngling

Who knows, she may be right. Vodo Siosk-Baas was Exar Kun's apprentice, and he did nothing to stop Kun's rise to power. At the same time, Lucien Draay attempted to intervene in the force to prevent another "Exar Kun" scenario. When Draay did this, he misinterpreted the force, and the sith still rose again. I am disinclined to say that Kreia is right, because she is looking at it from a total negative point of view, and if we learned nothing from Obi-wan Kenobi, it's that one's point of view can make all the difference.
    Beezlebub and DarthZotte like this.
  3. Cushing's Admirer Force Ghost

star 7
    All views of the Force I've seen I feel are in error.
  4. Mitth_Fisto Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Now I am most intrigued what your point of view on the force is.
    DarthZotte likes this.
  5. DarthZotte Jedi Padawan

star 1
    I believe that the Force works in mysterious ways (as said by Mace Windu in TCW). Tragedy fell during the events of ROTS. Anakin, the Chosen One, turned to the dark side and helped wipe out the Jedi Order and the Empire rose. Nineteen years later, Luke Skywalker joined the Rebel Alliance and helped guide his father back to the light. Luke was meant to help Anakin back to the light so that Anakin can fulfill the prophecy as the Chosen One. So, in the end, everything worked out fine, but it left some pretty tragic imprints along the way, which makes me question the Force's ways. If Kreia lived between the events of Episodes III and IV, I think her reasons for hating the Force can be pretty well understood. Even the events of KOTOR 2 helped us understand why Kreia hated the Force, because it was at a time when the Sith had completely extinguished the Jedi Order save but a few. If any of you have any questions on specific aspects of my view of the Force, I would love to hear them.
    Beezlebub likes this.
  6. Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master

star 4
    What Kreia says is true... from a certain point of view.
  7. The Star Wars Archivist Jedi Knight

star 3
    It's down to your own perceived angle. Some views are more faulty than others.
    DarthZotte likes this.
  8. zompusbite Jedi Padawan

star 1
    I think that you are all right... from a certain point of view[face_laugh]. But seriously, Kreia is hypocrite. She says all this things but, like all Sith do, she omits the most important part : The Truth. She says that she want to get rid of the Force but what she really want was to capture the power of the Force without it having monitoring her (the goal of the Sith but But in more exacerbated) and seeing that it was "possible" to do so (by Meetra Surik) she became obsessed with it. The Force is the creator of the universe. All its creations are ordered, clear, in balance and in harmony. Anything that would attempt to break this balance is deemed "Enemy of Life itself (what the Sith and many other darksiders are) and must be eliminated. This is where the Jedi involved: being the servants of the Force, they have to do, without asking any questions and without the slightest doubt, the wills of the Force. Consequently, the Jedi are the instruments of Force and if they fail in their mission, they thus be joining the ranks of the "Enemies of Life" and must also be dealt either by an intermediary (which came with Anakin Skywalker) either directly (Rakata Empire, The Vong ... ). But as regards the non-force-sensitive, they are very rarely used by the Force (Han Solo, Vilmarh Grahrk, Dexter Jetster ... ) and therefore are "free" to choose their own destiny.
    NB: all the forces-sensitives are free to follow the Force or not (Jula Shryne, the mother of the Jedi Roan Shryne was force-sensitive but she refused to be a Jedi to become a space pirate... )
    My most important reference is the novel Darth Plagueis.
    Thank you for having read me.
  9. SateleNovelist11 Jedi Master

star 5
    I think Kreia/Traya was a product of insanity and an inability to cope with an uncomfortable reality.
  10. Beezlebub Jedi Youngling

You could have the same views about destiny in real life. Who's to say everything we do isn't preordained or we aren't just 1 of an infinite amount of universes making a certain set of choices that was pre determined before our creation. I like to think that you are the maker of your own reality though as the other way of thinking is depressing.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.