main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC How is your Christmas shopping going?

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Bender666

Bender666 Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    Have you ever considered hanging decorations from your beard? Maybe a little tinsel to bring out the festive mood in people.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  2. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    man what if you still work at wal-mart in 30 years and your beard turns white so kids think you're santa, only you smell like cigars and cheap rum and one look from your scowling face sends those kids running to hide behind their mothers' skirts? i am the ghost of christmas future, darthtunick. fiiiiiiiind a neeeewwwww jooooooob ooooooOOOOOOOOOHHHH...

3. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Every now & then... I do comb it with water every day, though.

tom: I'd be a fatter version of this guy. :

[​IMG]

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah.

Thankfully my job makes me appreciate Christmas more; little kids get so excited about it. I did a couple of displays of holiday books last week; they were thrilled.

How is my Christmas shopping going? Not very far yet. But I usually wait, and it never takes me very long once I decide what I'm buying everyone. I may be missing some essential aspect of my second X chromosome but I can't stand to just go in a store and browse.

VadersLaMent, I downloaded the iOS version of Minecraft for my son; he loves it.

VadersLaMent and CT-867-5309 like this.
  5. Bender666

Bender666 Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    I'm having a hard time finding any negative aspects to this.

6. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    At least Tunick did not buy them a Walmart gift card.

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Food shopping is almost done. I just have some fresh stuff to get closer to Christmas Day. Need to write & send cards (probably tomorrow) as they have to go overseas. I've got a couple of things to get yet. I'll probably brave town next week. At least I can go early on a weekday so hopefully it won't be as crowded.

8. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    I've ordered stuff for my friends and colleagues, though amazon still didn't deliver. I booked opera tickets for my mum, just need to fix something for dad and for baby nephew...

9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    All done. My kids get gift cards as it's what they prefer. The rest of the family a girt exchange where we buy an item, for male or female, under $20 dollars and wrap it. When then play a card game and each time the winner picks which gift they want. We play 3 rounds and it really gets to be fun choosing the gift another picked. Granted the gifts may not be the greatest, one year I got a large clock with the Playboy bunny silhouette it.

Also a Secret Santa gift which should get there today!!!!! :D :D I love SS. I've gotten the best gifts ever from friends.

10. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    I like to be done before December because then I don't have to brave the frantic shopping traffic and can enjoy the season less stressy. Sadly, I am not quite done. I will get one last gift when I am healthy enough to go out. :)

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Did my cards and posted them earlier - 'only' 5 people ahead of me at the local PO.

12. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Not yet begun- procrastination FTW

DarthTunick likes this.
  13. Sauntaero

Sauntaero Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 9, 2003
    I decided to make gifts for most of my friends/family/whatevers this year, but I do want to buy something for my boyfriend. I know he's getting me something big,so it's like NO PRESSURE. I don't know what to get him. Taking suggestions.

14. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Haven't started yet. I really only have to buy for my mother and grandmother. But they are super hard to buy for.

15. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Fantastically. I just got Cards Against Humanity for the fam to play on Christmas.

16. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Done my Dad and planned what I'm getting for the rest of the family.
    Just need to work out what to get for my brother.

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Thanks to the JC, everyone I know will be recieving discounted Uggs for Christmas!

18. Remember Adwa

Remember Adwa Jedi Youngling

Dec 4, 2012
    I am really having trouble finding stuff that my relatives don't have already.

19. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm kind of holding off. Yes, I'm one of those people who are waiting to see if the world ends on the 21st or not.

20. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    In that case put it on the credit card. Hopefully the bill won't come before the 21st. :p

22. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Exactly... don't wait, go nuts. :p

23. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Now, see, if I did that, with my luck the world would still be here on the 22nd and I'd end up with a $1,000 bill.:(

24. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    The world ending is a luckier outcome than a big credit card bill? :p

25. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Well, if the world is still here, you're going to have that bill anyway... plus you'll have to deal with all the other idiots who waited to see if the world ended doing last minute shopping along with you.