main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends how it all began (choose your adventure)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by KnightKatarn05, May 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KnightKatarn05

KnightKatarn05 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2003
    I've been thinking about this one for awhile now, and how did the force/race of Jedi ever start? They just didn't pop out of nowhere. So, starting today, I'm gonna start trying to write how the whole Jedi universe began. I've got this idea from the 3SA page, and what ScoobyDooku is doing, and also from what Rush Limbaugh is doing on the Beyond the Saga page. (episodes 7-9)But this will only be 1 story, just to introduce the force into the universe. Not only will introduce the light-side of the force, but also the foundations for the Sith.

Now, for the titles of the book/would be pre-prequel script:

1. From Slave to Master

2. How it all began

3. Rise of the Force

Locked by request of thread author.

2. Tegarend

Tegarend Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2003
  3. StitchExperiment626

StitchExperiment626 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2003
    I vote for 2! :)
    ------------------

Pre-prequel script titles

1. From Slave to Master 0 VOTES

2. How it all began 1 VOTE

3. Rise of the Force 1 VOTE

4. QUI_GON_QUINN

QUI_GON_QUINN Jedi Master star 2

Mar 28, 2003
    Number 3 for me please - and any help you may need KnightKatarn05 then please give me a shout and I'll see what I can do!

5. Rush_Limbaugh

Rush_Limbaugh Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Hey dude, I'll have to go with 3.

6. Darth_Minx

Darth_Minx Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2003
  7. Darth_Pooh_Bear

Darth_Pooh_Bear Jedi Master star 1

Oct 16, 2002
    #3 is my vote please.

8. KnightKatarn05

Apr 7, 2003
    anybody voting? come on, I kinda wanna write!

9. Rush_Limbaugh

Apr 4, 2003
    this isnt gathering much support :(

10. Tegarend

Tegarend Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2003
    Come on people, vote here! vote here!

11. TheShape82

TheShape82 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2003
    #3. Good Idea BTW, hope it turns out well!

12. Rush_Limbaugh

Apr 4, 2003
    bump. Hope this starts to pick up soon.

13. Darth_Pooh_Bear

Darth_Pooh_Bear Jedi Master star 1

Oct 16, 2002
    The problem is that there are a few choose your own adventure type threads out there now and it's kind of hard to bounce back and fourth between them all. I think this is a great idea but maybe bad timing.

I hope as Rush does that it picks up soon.

14. KnightKatarn05

Apr 7, 2003
    Yeah, I know I haven't shown up for a long time, but I've just been sitting around and seeing where this thread goes. Obviously it is going nowhere, fast. It's up to you to keep voting, and please, spread the word to all the people you know out there.

I think possibly the reason for why this is going nowhere is because of bad "publicity." But that can be blamed all on me, I said from the beginning that I wouldn't take anything away from either Rush's thread, or Scooby's. So again, I just want you to get the word out of the this thread.

15. Rush_Limbaugh

Apr 4, 2003
    Yeah...Knight, I don't mean to like push the thread down, but maybe doing this after either Scooby's or my thread it done. Mine is going along quick, cause I don't wait for alot of voing, but maybe after one of ours gets done you'll have more people coming. Also, you need to go to Scooby's (because it has the most people there) and put the word out...dont over-do it, but every once in a while say stuff like...

"Hey, theres a new section to the Choose your own Adventure" story in the Fan Fiction: Before the Saga board! It talks about how the Jedi Order began!"

Stuff like that really helps. I have only put out a few posts like that, and my thread has just hit 200 posts. I started a week ago! So you can do it, heres a few tips.

-get the word out

-dont wait around

-and if noone comes, just write for fun. People will start showing up, trust me

~Rush_Limbaugh

16. KnightKatarn05

Apr 7, 2003
    yeah, thanks for the input Rush. You're write though, I do need to some publicity work. But one thing I really want to do is to set up links under my signature, does anybody know how do to that?
    I want to have fan input in this thread, but does anybody think that I should just write this on my own, and post once in a while, or stick with having you guys choose the way this thread goes?

17. QUI_GON_QUINN

Mar 28, 2003
    Hey KnightKatarn

This is a great idea for a thread - do not lose hope with it cos the more you stick with it the more people will join in.

It is a wee bit difficult juggling three Choose Your Own Adventures at the moment so it could be that is why people haven't been flocking in their droves to this one but it will pick up.

Remember, yours will be completely original with totally original characters in a totally new environment (if it is the foundation of the Jedi that you are aiming to tell with this story then things such as lightsabers, Coruscant etc could be viewed as too far off in the future so it would be interesting to see)

Stick with it please - I would love to see this come to fruition and am willing to help in any way I can.

:D

18. Rush_Limbaugh

Apr 4, 2003
    Yeah dude, it's better to have the people choose...you just need to start writing, otherwise it will never get started

19. tatooinewizard

tatooinewizard Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2003
    Am I the only one who likes #1? Anyway, KnightKatarn, you write whichever and I'll read. I don't have that many readers yet for my piece either because my story is all original character driven and most of the planets and cultures I've created myself as well. Good luck. I'll check back.

20. ScoobyDooku

ScoobyDooku Jedi Youngling star 3

May 23, 2002
    Keep it up Knight. My thread was once a tiny little thing. And now look. I used to be happy for 5 votes total. My only advice to any writer doing a star wars project: Think Like Lucas.
    Mine is only successful because i tried to stick to the rhythym, feel and spirit of what Lucas has already done. And its not always easy. But make it seem, feel, and sound "like star wars". the movies have made billions for a reason, dont mess with the formula.
    I believe Qui Gon Quinn has won two little contests in a row because of sticking to this formula. he doesnt go off in crazy directions, just like i didnt try to. he sticks to the formula. I applaud all who are stretching their creative muscle on these boards though. The force will be with us....always.

21. KnightKatarn05

Apr 7, 2003
    All right. I've waited a bit, and now for a new vote. The title will be Rise of the Force. How many years before TPM should this take place?
    1. 1000

22. StitchExperiment626

Feb 24, 2003
    I vote for 3! :) This is such a COOL thread
    keep it up! I'll be on it everday!:)

---------------------------------------------
    How many years before TPM should "Rise of the Force" be?

1. 1000 years: 0 VOTES

2. 2000 years: VOTES

3. 5000 years: 1 VOTES
    ---------------------------------------------

23. tatooinewizard

tatooinewizard Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2003
  24. StitchExperiment626

Feb 24, 2003
    How many years before TPM should "Rise of the Force" be?

1. 1000 years: 0 VOTES

2. 2000 years: VOTES

3. 5000 years: 2 VOTES
    --------------------------------------------
    3 is winning! :)

25. QUI_GON_QUINN

Mar 28, 2003
    Definitely number 3 for me - it would lead to so many possibilities for creating a unique environment!

KnightKatarn - anything at all that you need a hand with then let me know - even if it is just someone to bounce ideas off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.