main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How Kylo Ren Got His Name and the Origin of the Knights of Ren

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by randomacts, Dec 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. randomacts

randomacts Jedi Youngling

Dec 25, 2015
    I saw TFA Thursday night 12/17 and woke up the next morning sure I knew how Kylo Ren got his name and the origin of the Knights of Ren. Once I knew Ben Solo was Kylo Ren, the rest just fell into place. With so many people posting theories, I thought someone else would have had the same insights, but no one did, so here they are. I’m not a hardcore fan, so please excuse any errors in terminology.

Ben Solo is one of a class of younglings being taught the ways of the force by his uncle Luke Skywalker. He learns of Darth Vader and decides Vader is who he wants to emulate. He wants to become the OPPOSITE of what he is being taught so he decides to change his name. The first thing he does is take his name and reverse it. Ben Solo becomes Solo Ben. Vader’s family name is Skywalker, so he decides to use letters in that name to complete the change. He starts with S, but there is an S in Solo and that wouldn’t change anything, so he goes to the next letter K and K replaces the S = Kolo Ben. He moves to the next letter Y and the Y replaces the O=Kylo Ben. At some point he decides to only use the consonants so that leaves W, L, K and R. He doesn’t like the sound of Kylo Wen. L and K have already been used, so he settles on R as the last substitution and ends up with Kylo Ren.

This also explains the origin of the Knights of Ren. The Knights of Ren are really the Knights of Ben. Ben was the leader of the class and the class followed him to the dark side. That is why Luke is so despondent, he didn’t just lose Ben to the dark side, he lost the whole class. In this universe, killed or destroyed, doesn’t necessarily mean dead, it often means converted.

2. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    randomacts Merry Christmas and welcome to the forums!

3. ararha

ararha Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 25, 2013
    Nope.

So who are the Knights of Ren?
    Driver: It was a group that existed before him, that he was a part of. Their place within everything is maybe more of a satellite group than I would say ... This is really tricky.

4. JediRocks74

JediRocks74 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 7, 2015
    Kylo Ren
    Solo Ben

It sort of rhymes. Its backwards.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  5. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Ben Skywalker Solo = sKYwalker soLO.

6. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I'm guessing the Ren term is the new Darth.

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003

But, feel free to speculate on Ben Solo's devious use of wordplay, anagrams and Riddler-level antics in the Kylo Ren thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.