main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How long before Kathy Kennedy is OUT

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by WhiskeyGold, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    When a company buys another like this one, they always bring someone over and then in a year or so they kick them out. AOL got Time Warner and Ted Turner was GONE, Sirius and XM 'merged" together and then before like the XM guys were gone. Do you think Disney would do the same?

DM99 likes this.
  2. Moorplant

Moorplant Jedi Master

Feb 26, 2004
    Well they haven't yet with guys like Ike Perlmutter and Kevin Feige at Marvel, in fact Feige is getting more credit than ever for being the creative mastermind behind the MCU after Avengers success.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/25/b...heroes-to-the-screen.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

So unlike a lot of other merger situations, it seem like they like their semi-automonous studios to have the guys that are passionate and experienced about the projects a particular aquisition is bringing to the table. At least whilst their ideas are basically printing Disney money, if the Box Office turns sour, well......

Now Kathleen Kennedy doesn't have the same track record yet, but at this point I think they'll want her on board as they're ramping up Ep 7 fairly quickly.

3. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    I guess it all depends on Ep 7, if it flops and doesnt do as Disney hopes, she is gone.

4. Blue Ice Cream

Blue Ice Cream Chosen One star 6

Aug 9, 2006
    Star Wars Episode 7 cannot flop. Whether brilliant or horrendous, the seventh Star Wars movie flopping is unimaginable. So I guess her job is safe.

Tan-Wessel likes this.
  5. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    6 month. Than a star wars hater will replace her and try to maximize the profit. I also think Lucasfilm will be soon on the wall street...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.