main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC How long can a human Jedi live?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Floyder, Jul 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Floyder

Floyder Jedi Youngling

Jun 27, 2015
    Obviously Yoda would be the gold standard of longevity in the Star Wars universe having lived over 900 years, but clearly he is an outlier. His unique race alone could fully account for his long life span. Yet, in the Return of the Jedi movie, when Yoda's nearing death Luke exclaims, "Yoda you can't die!". To that Yoda responds, "Strong am I with the force, but not that strong".

This line alone could directly imply that Yoda's extreme power over the force might very well have contributed to a large portion of his longevity. I don't think this quote could be interpreted any other way. So what is logical in terms of how much the force contributed to Yoda's long life span? Correlate that to a human Jedi, how long might they live? I'm assuming its longer than a normal life span at least.

Pardon my ignorance if this has been covered somewhere before, but is there any novels or stories that touch on this query? Any and all insight would be helpful. Thank you.

2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I believe a Human life span in SW is up to 120 years so a Jedi perhaps 150?

3. ThisHurricane

ThisHurricane Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Until the empire finds them!

4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Jedi Knight Fett and Floyder like this.
  5. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014
    Thank god junk like that is Legends, now.

6. Floyder

Floyder Jedi Youngling

Jun 27, 2015
    Iron, wow that's some pretty cool info. It even mentions a jedi living for thousands of years, but obviously that was an alien. Either way, that certainly implies to me that the force can in fact impact lifespan. It might not benefit everyone the same way, but clearly there is potential to benefit greatly from the force in terms of lifespan.

Iron_lord likes this.
  7. hairymuggle

hairymuggle Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 28, 2014
    Qui Gon was pretty spry for a 60 year old, but Obi Wan completely lost it by 57. Maybe it's injuries from the war, maybe it's Living Force.

8. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Living in exile as an enemy of the state and keeping an eye on the son of his former friend/student turned Sith Lord probably didn't help any. Stress can take a toll on anyone.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  9. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014

Or, more probably, Ben hadn't had the luxury of any medical care living as a HERMIT on Tat. The medical science they would have access to in AGFFA would easily allow for 150-200 year lifespan among the average Human living on a core planet. Ben didn't have any of that for 20 years, so he had to deal with achy bones.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  10. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i wasn't even aware they had a longer lifespan.

11. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    The lifespan thing is kinda up in the air now. I mean the legends stuff had Luke in top fighting shape past his 40's. Han was also participating in fights into his 70s without the force. We actually do not have a canon example of a human force user living past their 90s as the emperor should be around 91 in rotj, but save yoda every force user we see die does so do to violence

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.