main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How long can you go without action scenes?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briman, Oct 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    Men always like to see someone get the snot beaten out of someone and a good saber duel.

I resent that! I like to see a dog fight, or a drunken brawl.

2. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Men always like to see someone get the snot beaten out of someone and a good saber duel.

So true. I have a male friend who likes these mature rated shooting (I'd say rather pointless) games while I like fanfiction and toying with thoughts and minds.

As for how long I can go without writing action, for The Final Battle, I managed to put a bit of in into teh first post and then held it off for twelve or thirteen more posts.

For Jedi Skywalker, I think I held it off until the latest few posts.

So, anybody ever try to write a duel scene and find out that they've gone on and on about the action and internal turmoil of the characters for six or seven pages? Happened to me several times and that kinda scares me about what I think will happen in The Final Battle.

3. KILIK

KILIK Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    I can go with out action for 3 chpters. But thats not the ponit. It depends on how you start the story.

4. DarkMan77

DarkMan77 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 23, 2005
    My stories are about ten chapters long, 3 of which are action. the other 7 i use to relay thoughts feelings and other emotions. You need to build up to action and a good story is a story where the action is not dominant and plot- advancing.

5. Darth_Luinel_Kun

Darth_Luinel_Kun Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2005
    ROTS had like no action/ fights/ duels/ bore. Sorry but Lucas made that movie to use it to tie everything together.

6. CommanderConrad

CommanderConrad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2003
    For me, it's hard to go more than a chapter or two before I think the reader is bored. And since I always read my own stuff before anyone else, that's always true.

7. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    As long as possible. I really hate writing action and I'm not that fond of reading it. However, like everyone said, it really depends on the story. For a longer fic with Jedi, it's really hard not to write action somewhere in there. Also, it depends on what you call action. In one instance, I had Obi-Wan being very upset so he took out his emotion in a kata that I would describe as an action scene.

Of course, action is almost a requirement in pilot fics. So it really depends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.