main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How long did Vader have his saber ingnited?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Drac39, Aug 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I still can't get over how funny this is. I know it is not meant to be,but Vader has his saber ingnited,when he was waiting for Obi-Wan. He must have been waiting for at least fifteen minutes. Why would he do this? Though it was the first episode,I can nlet geogre let this one go. I just think its funny

2. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Vader has a penchant for making dramatic entrances. He didn't mind wasting a few minutes of his life. ;)

3. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Vader could detect that Obi-Wan was coming, so he probably ignited the saber a few minutes earlier to make sure that Obi was out of earshot.

4. gator

gator Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 20, 2003
    I agree with Bib. I doubt Vader stood there with a lit saber for longer than a few moments. Ben knows Vader is near because he has his lightsaber out as well. The fact that Vader's saber is lit when Ben first sees him means that he's ready to fight (not talk as the Jedi do) and intends to kill Ben this time.

5. Darth_Sacrilicious

Darth_Sacrilicious Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 30, 2003
    Gator has a good point. I like the idea of Vader ready to kill. But it is funny to imagine him standing there for hours with it lit, perhaps humming the imperial march to work himself up, sort of like a football player. He's anxious, wanting to finish business, i think.

6. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    I think they're both anxious, and that's why they both come in with their lightsabers at the ready. They wanted to finish the business they'd left incomplete in their previous duel, and as far as they were concerned, they were just picking up where they left off.

7. WMCoolmon

WMCoolmon Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    But it is funny to imagine him standing there for hours with it lit, perhaps humming the imperial march to work himself up, sort of like a football player. He's anxious, wanting to finish business, i think.

[face_laugh] It'd be interesting to find out what the Imperials who passed him thought.

TROOPER 1: "How long do you think he's been standing there like that?"
    TROOPER 2: "Got me. Why don't you ask him?"
    TROOPER 1: "I dunno, man. He looks like he's in a bad mood."
    TROOPER 2: "Oh, c'mon, have you ever known a time when he wasn't?"

8. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
  9. Matt-Firespace

Matt-Firespace Jedi Youngling

Aug 5, 2003
    Do we forget that he may of got his... um... body beat down last time? I remember hearing something about lava. Wouldn't you be egar for a rematch? Come on... he must hate having that black armor on ALL the time... Obi must pay!

10. SITHlover

SITHlover Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 30, 2002
    Got to love those Energizer batteries, they just keep going and going and going.....

11. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    He probably got tired standing there all that time, though. You'd think a stormtrooper would notice and bring him a chair.

12. Compactor_3263827

Compactor_3263827 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2003
    If they gave him a seat, he'd probably fall asleep eventually.

13. PalpatineAntikristos

PalpatineAntikristos Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2002
    "How long did Vader have his saber ingnited?"

Not another topic about the ATOC "dream" sequence.

14. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    I wouldn't think any of them would dare to approach him, even with a chair.

Bad enough normally, when Lord Vader is standing there with a lit sabre then you're really not gonna want to be sociable...

15. capo

capo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2003
    long enough to finish his ham sandwich.

never fight on an empty stomach

16. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    he probably kept himself entertained by rethinking his Shaving Habits ;)

17. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    That, and he had snake and tetris programmed into his chest computer.

18. jabba_the_nut

jabba_the_nut Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 2003
    Uh... I figured Vader ignited his saber when he first saw Obi-Wan, just a moment or two before the camera cuts to the scene.

19. Mateo

Mateo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    Obi-Wan had his Saber out because of the increased patrols on the Death Star,he realized that Han,Chewie and Luke had gotten themselves into trouble with the StormTroopers because he overheard them say that they were splitting up,he isnt stupid enough to walk around unarmed near armored guards that are on full alert that could possibly catch him off guard and Blast him.

20. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Ya know, Maul did the exact same thing in TPM...

I'm begnning to think it's standard Sith training to stand waiting to make a dramatic entrance,
    By the time we get to RotJ, Palpatine had been doing it for so many years, that the poor guy needed to sit :(

PALPATINE: What's taking them so long? Aw, the Hell with it, I'm sitting down.

So he sits and turns his chair around to look at the stars and sulk... just as the elevator opens...

PALPATINE: D'oh! Act natural, act natural, act natural... Err umm... Welcome, young Skywalker! I have been expecting you...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.