main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How long have you been playing?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Bib Fortuna Twi'lek, Jan 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I started collecting the game around the time of Dagobah, but I didn't start playing competitively until after Cloud City came out.

2. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    I started playing at the beginning but quit when Dagobah came out.

3. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    I remember Dagobah had just came out when I bought my first pack of cards!

4. 1stAD

1stAD Jedi Youngling star 5

May 10, 2001
    I played from the beginning and quit around the times the first Reflections set came out. I frequented the local tournament circuit, and though I never won one I placed fourth in a local 1999 open qualifier (got me a shirt). Odd that, because my player ranking on Decipher's site says the last update occured last November...

5. Quel-Droma001

Quel-Droma001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 13, 2001
    I started collectig in 1996 but didn't really start plying until DS2 came out.

6. Zoombini

Zoombini Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 2001
    I started collecting right from the beginning, but only started to play regularly and at a good level about 2 years ago.

7. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    I've been collecting since around Hoth, but I just had my first tournament in November.

8. pinbstr300

pinbstr300 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    I have been collecting from the begining and I FINALLY learned how to play (the right way with attrition lol) about a year and a half ago...stupid attrition...hehe

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Collected it since the start back in dec. '95, kinda drifted off around Jabba's Palace, then when DS2 came out, I started catching up my collection with what I had missed. Had played infrequently (and incorrectly) on and off during that entire period). Started playing heavily (and correctly) just prior to the Reflections 2 release....say, late dec, early jan of 2001.

10. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    Started: Hoth
    Stopped: Jabba's Palace
    Started Back again: Special Edition

11. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    I picked up a Premiere 2-player game on sale cheap in 1999. Picked up a Mara Jade Enhanced JP pack when it came out in 2000 and started buying Reflections packs. Played in my first tournament in the summer of 2000.

12. youngvader

youngvader Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 21, 1999
    I have always been collecting.

I started playing with premiere WB and then stopped after Jabba's Palace for a bit. I was only a TD until Endor came out.

13. Boutros-Boutros

Boutros-Boutros Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2001
    Started: Premiere BB.
    Quit: Not too long after the ANH expansion came out.

I was big into the ST: CCG, but quit shortly after the Alternate Universe expansion and started playing SW, but quickly got burned out on that.

14. NecroFett

NecroFett Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2002
    I started at Premire BB, first tourn. at Hoth, still havn't quit

15. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    I've been collecting/ casually playing since BB Premier. Me quit? No way!

16. Young_Ben

Young_Ben Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2001
    My parents gave me a pack of SE X-mas 1997 nad bought me 20 commons/uncommomns the next day. I started playing around the time endor came out.

17. Achtung_Bubba

Achtung_Bubba Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    Newbie, actually.

I'm MUCH more of a comic book fan than a card fan, and probably always will be; I guess I've liked knowing exactly what I'm getting from a trip to the comic/card shop, and I was under the impression that guys who were good at CCG's spent WAAAAY too much to simply buy themselves good decks.

Over the last year or so, my old roommate demonstrated the joys of baseball cards and a couple of his friends showed me that my fears about SWCCG were unfounded. I've since kept my mind open to the possibility of CCG's and I've simply been waiting for a good entry point - and WotC's game seems to be it.

(Note that I'm *not* disparaging Decipher's game. It's just like the difference between Spider-Man and Ultimate Spider-Man; there's a point were too much history makes it hard for new readers to catch up.)

18. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Do not try to get into the WOTC game. Play the real Star Wars game.

19. Spud The Hutt

Spud The Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 1999
    I started playing when A New Hope came out. I bought a starter deck of Premiere and two packs of ANH. I just played with friends until Dagobah came out and then I started playing in tournaments. Those were the good ol' days.

Spud

20. Achtung_Bubba

Achtung_Bubba Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    "Do not try to get into the WOTC game. Play the real Star Wars game."

Harsh.

21. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Harsh, but true. There can only be one true Star Wars game. Anything else is just a shallow substitute.

22. 1stAD

1stAD Jedi Youngling star 5

May 10, 2001
    Do not try to get into the WOTC game. Play the real Star Wars game.

Baby.

D20 Star Wars RPG is the "real" Star Wars game [face_mischief]

23. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Played and collected from Premiere up 'till around Endor. Still kept up with the game though-- until WOTC-- before the dark times, before the Empire.

24. Kenix Kil

Kenix Kil Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 7, 2000
    Bib I have been playing the CCG since the begining and I have no animosity towards Wizards game. So tell me, why do you hate a game that is original and sounds interesting?

25. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    It isn't original, nor does it sound exciting (to me, at least). The game is just Young Jedi with dice, and has little room to expand due to the nature of the gameplay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.