main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga How long should the Saga films continue?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Darth Nerdling, Jun 17, 2016.

?

How long should the Saga films continue?

1. The Saga should continue forever

8 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. The Saga should continue forever but with long breaks between trilogies

16 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. The Saga should end at episode 12

13 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. The Saga should end at episode 9 or 10

16 vote(s)
    15.4%
  5. The Saga should end at episode 9, 10 or 12, but the main characters should still appear in spinoffs

5 vote(s)
    4.8%
  6. The Saga should've ended with the Original Saga (Episodes I - VI)

31 vote(s)
    29.8%
  7. The Saga should've ended with the Classic Trilogy (Episodes IV - VI)

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  8. The Saga should've ended with ANH

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. The Saga should only include the Holiday Special :p

4 vote(s)
    3.8%
  10. The Skywalker Saga should end near 10 but there should be other Sagas earlier/later in the timeline

9 vote(s)
    8.7%
  1. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    We need an ap for that

2. DeltaRecon226

DeltaRecon226 Jedi Knight

Sep 20, 2012
    I would've liked the saga to have ended with VI, and instead of sequels Disney would just produce spin off films based off of Lucas's ideas. Also, I would've much rather had The Clone Wars finished before TFA came out.

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Star Wars Go

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  4. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Man, if they do that I might have to join everybody playin' in traffic

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  5. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    If they ever atempted the SIN of remaking the SACRED SAGA then by all means do it as a multi year TV series.

6. Iix_Hunter

Iix_Hunter Jedi Padawan

Jul 28, 2015

I know, I know but at least if it were remade we could have more of our favourite characters, they wouldn't have to abandon ideas because the main actors were too old to play the parts....and yes i am thinking of the Thrawn trilogy...because its awesome!

7. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    The saga has an endpoint. It episode 6 Return of the Jedi. I can't really speak on the extra stuff Disney is doing. I can only speak on the 6 I have seen. I think Disney should make maybe 3 Star War movies a year, so they can continue to cash in on their investment. So outside of the main 6 I own Disney should keep it going as long as people continue to pay for it. Go all the way to Episode 50 or Episode 75

Alienware and oierem like this.
  8. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015

1 a year is enough for me. Now lets just get that live action show going!

9. VadersFollower

VadersFollower Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 18, 2011
    for me it shouldve ended with 6, I like Lucas's idea of turning the whole saga into one Darth Vader story. Im fine with the new trilogy, but after that, its really milking it too much. It should definitely not continue after 9

10. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I think it's inevitable that Disney and Lucasfilm will do Episodes X, XI, and XII, but what if in doing so, they're audacious enough to jump 100 years or more past Episode IX?

11. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016

They may as well take a page out of John Ostrander's book if the writing continues like it has so far.

12. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    I think I'd prefer no more Saga installments after the sequel trilogy finishes (unless they have a really good idea).

More anthology movies would be fine by me.

13. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm hoping they end it at IX actually for 3 reasons:

1)John Williams. He is already set to begin scoring VIII this month and I'm crossing my fingers he will make it just a couple more years to score IX. There's no way he'll survive to score a fourth trilogy and I'm not keen on the idea of an inconsistently scored saga.

2)Rey. I feel like for Rey to have as much of an impact on the galaxy as Luke and Anakin, she needs to be the one to lead the New Jedi Order. Anakin destroyed the Old Jedi Order, Luke destroyed the Sith, and now Rey should bring balance. If it takes her more than one trilogy to do that, then the whole story just seems lopsided. It only took Anakin and Luke one trilogy each to fulfill their respective destinies.

3)I'm tired of all those Roman numerals. VII, VIII, and IX are bad enough. No more, please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DBPirate and Darth Cocytus like this.
  14. Darth Cocytus

Darth Cocytus Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2016
    It's hard for me to say. Personally, I think that Return of the Jedi ended the Saga beautifully, especially with the extended Special Edition ending, my most favorite of Lucas's changes. That being said, since Star Wars had such an effect on my life since I was little, I'm looking forward to see where they take the Saga now, even though I consider The Force Awakens to be a disappointment.

Darth Nerdling and DBPirate like this.
  15. Conkhead_12

Conkhead_12 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 28, 2016
    This.

16. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Since I last posted here, the prequels have really grown on me. I liked them when I first saw them, and now I do again after rewatching them with the originals.

I think it should have ended with I-VI, but now that it's too late not to, it should end after IX (anthology films should not take place after IX, and shouldn't continue past 2027 imo). I can't imagine Luke or Leia featuring in a fourth trilogy, and without them, I still think the rest will be filler. Not to say that they have to be the protagonist, but the episodes should stay about the Skywalker family, ending with the generation after Luke and Leia in the third trilogy.

A live action TV series may be acceptable to me after 2027 (50 years after it began) and I may be ok if it takes place after IX, but it should stay in the small screen, comics and novels, etc.

2027 would be the perfect year for the last film to be released, but IX is coming in 2019.

Darth Nerdling likes this.
  17. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    Skywalker saga should end with IX and then they can do Anthology films till the end of time.

Sarge likes this.
  18. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    So Rey doesn't get her own trilogy? Skywalker or not it should end at 12.

19. Talos of Atmora

Jul 3, 2016
    Meanwhile in 2038: "Man, I can't wait until that Bib Fortuna movie comes out!"

Darth Nerdling, Sarge and Darth Basin like this.
  20. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012

The Rancor keeper movie is coming out in 2038. Bib Fortuna is scheduled for 2039. :p

21. Talos of Atmora

Jul 3, 2016
    Man, then I'll be even more sad when the Rancor dies. :(

Darth Basin likes this.
  22. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015

2054: The Beezer Fortuna movie is in production! !!!!!!!!! I'm gonna be the first to get in on BrainScan!

23. oierem

oierem Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2009
    That's the real trick, isn't it? As long as you keep adding new characters, the story can always go on. To me, ending it at 9, 12 or whatever number (or year) feels totally arbitrary. I still believe that it's the story what matters, not the abstract concept of "three trilogies" or any other number.
    And even though you can always find ways to keep the story going, the type of stories I like have a clear arc and a clear ending (and I hate the trend to artificially extend them as long as they generate money).

So, long story short, in my opinion, the SW Saga that begins with the rise of an ancient threat personified by Lord Sidious, the beginning of a building crisis in a peacful democracy and the finding of a young boy destined to bring balance to the Force should end when that boy dies after killing Sidious and restoring peace and democracy to the galaxy and balance to the Force.
    "And they lived happily ever after..."
    THE END

Darth Nerdling likes this.
  24. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I'm hoping Weird Al's line about Mark Hamill in his song Yoda comes true:

I'll be making these movies til the day that I die

25. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012