main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How long was General Calrissian in the service?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Knight_Wanderer, Nov 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knight_Wanderer

Knight_Wanderer Jedi Master star 2

Apr 12, 2004
    Is there any source that indicates how long Lando stayed a General after Endor? I mean immediately after Endor, his periodic forays back into uniform notwithstanding. Was he still in the service as late as the X-Wing books?

KW

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    NEGTC is a bit unclear. Once the second Death Star was destroyed, Lando led a group called "Lando's Commandos" to free Cloud City. This took months, but eventually they succeeded. Lando resumed leadership of Cloud City as 'Baron Administrator'. No mention of him resigning his commission here. However, a year after Endor he lost Cloud City in a sabacc game and went on to other opportunities. NEGTC then has him reactivating his general's commission to fight the cloned Emperor. The commission is not mentioned again in his entry.

3. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    didn't he reactivate his Generalship another time too, or am I thinking of somebody else? I want to say some time in the NJO.

4. Pellaeon-Firke

Pellaeon-Firke Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    I don't know about his commision between Endor and DE, but presumably he resigned between DE and JAT, as he's back to treasure hunting.

And Hobbit, he merely threatens to reactivate his commision in Rebel Dream.

5. JoruusCbaoth

JoruusCbaoth Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2003
    Yeah, he was reactivated during the Borleias occupation of the NJO as well as during Dark Empire.

6. Pellaeon-Firke

Pellaeon-Firke Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Joruus, I don't believe he was reactivated during the NJO. He threatens the engineers by saying that he could be a General if he wanted, but because he continues selling his droids and being active in the SA, I doubt he's in the military.

7. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Yea, I dont remember him officially rejoining the military in the NJO, either

8. Sight-laber

Sight-laber Jedi Youngling

Nov 2, 2002
    i seem to remember a temporary activation of his rank whilst in orbit over Bothawui IIRC near the end of VOTF.

I think Leia gave him command over the combined NR fleet against the Empire

9. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Lando Calrissian regularly was reactivated and then deactivated during the course of the New Republic's war against the Empire. To Lando, the uniform of a New Republic general was just another set of clothes in his closet. He put them on whenever he felt like showing off his shiney medals. :p :D

--Adm. Nick

10. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I do believe Calrissian was reactivated in the Vong war during the defense of Coruscant. While aboard a Golan Arms platform, or maybe it was just a floating command platform he was reactivated.

High ranking officer: General Calrissian I need you to assist me.

Calrissian: I'm not a general anymore sir.

High ranking officer: Consider yourself reactivated General.

The conversation went something like that, granted it was a short activation, but one nonetheless.

11. Jbrewster1012

Jbrewster1012 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2003
    I don't remember if he had an official rank, but he came back during the Black Fleet Crisis series and investigated the ghost ship 'Vagabond' for the New Republic.

12. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    i seem to remember a temporary activation of his rank whilst in orbit over Bothawui IIRC near the end of VOTF.

that's what I'm thinking of. thanks. :)

13. Dinner_Squadron

Dinner_Squadron Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 16, 2004
    EV's right. He would then say that his reactivation was only for as long as he stayed on the platform.

14. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    EV, you're referring to the Bothan general about that big battle station HQ.

Calrissian's commission was reactivated in Jedi Search, Before the Storm, Vision of the Future.

And he rocked in Jedi Outcast, didn't he? :D

15. Vong_Killer

Vong_Killer Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2001
    thanx to Billy D. Williams, yes, he kicked but.

Does anyone know if he's got kids? I remember Lando is married, but has he fathered any children yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.