main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How long was Luke on Dagobaugh?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by BlueWombat, Nov 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueWombat

BlueWombat Jedi Youngling

Nov 18, 2004
    Sure it only seemed like a short time, maybe months. But could it have been longer?

Luke left Hoth and went straight to Dagobaugh right? Well in the scenes after Dagobaugh we see the Millineum Falcon trying to outrun Star Destroyers and such. There nothing conclusive that this was right after they left Hoth.

In fact it could have been years later. Luke literally could have been training for a few years with Yoda. I'll bet that little muppet still has his lightsaber and could give Luke some basic pointers with it as well.

Remember that Qui Gonn said the force controls your movements partially (Obi Wan said the same thing in ANH). So Luke would have had to had some swordsmanship training, and I bet Yoda gave it to him.

2. Malikail

Malikail Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2004
    at most a month, it wasn't years, the rebels wouldn't wait forever to meet up again once they escaped hoth.

3. BlueWombat

BlueWombat Jedi Youngling

Nov 18, 2004
    Well there isn't really much Rebel action after Hoth until the very end when they meet up with the Fleet. So it still may have been years...

4. Ogmios22188

Ogmios22188 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 12, 2004
    No, it wasn't years. I think the novelization says that it was a month or a few months, but it certainly wasn't years. Return of the Jedi takes place one year after The Empire Strikes Back, which takes place three years after A New Hope. Also, the official word is that Return of the Jedi takes place four years after A New Hope, meaning that The Empire Strikes Back in no way takes place over years.

5. The_Nameless_One

The_Nameless_One Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    Long enough for Han and the Princess not to have needed a change of clothes ;)

6. MILK-HANDS

MILK-HANDS Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2004
    In fact it could have been years later.

That's a bit much. The Millenium Falcon could have been easily caught before then; Boba Fett would not have tracked them for so long. A few weeks, maybe a month at most, Luke was on Dagobah.

7. Malikail

Malikail Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2004
    the main reason i tend to lean toward the shorter end of the 'window available', one month as opposed to several is pretty simple.

it makes luke that much more special.

his skill development is still fast no matter what but if he only had a grand total of 2 months formal training or less between 2 masters over a course of 4 years it realy drives the point home.

still the debate is a question of 'was it days/weeks, a month roughly, or a couple of months he spent with yoda?'

years it definately was not.

8. MILK-HANDS

MILK-HANDS Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2004
    I know the "years" theory is one that was on the Technical Commentaries, to try to explain how the Millenium Falcon crossed interstellar distances with their hyperdrive supposedly broken, but I simply could not buy Fett waiting that long to catch Solo. It's silly.

9. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Besides, a "one year later" thing just doesn't fit into the style of the movies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.