main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC How long will EpII play in the DC area?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Princess_April, Jun 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Princess_April

Princess_April Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2002
    I was really stupid and only saw episiode two one before I rushed off to Ghana, where I am for the next five months. Until Nov. 15th. I really really regret this only seeing it once not going to Ghana) and am wondering if my wonderful fellow DC jedis would keep me updated on which theatres are still showing it as it get's closer to Nov, even if it is just the crappy cheap theatre near your house. I remember EP I was still out in at least September... how's EP II's momentum? As good? Thanks for any tips you can give!

2. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    I can't see it lasting until November :(
    Its going to get stiff competition from the summer blockbusters, and the DVD is due in November meaning that no cinemas will still be showing it.

Buy the DVD when you get back :D

M

3. Princess_April

Apr 6, 2002
    Poop. Blockbusters smockbluters... (try saying that ten times fast). If I wanted to see in on DVD, I could just buy the pirated version on the streets here. ;) Muhahahaha.... uh just kidding of course... yeah. Nevertheless, if anyone know any different (despite the impossible odds) come Nov let me know.

4. CplKav

CplKav Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2002
    It will be gone by September because they want the dvd out by October

5. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    City Place, Wheaton Plaza, Union Station, Uptown Theatre, and a few other places will be showing Episode II up until late August. But no one is certain.

6. Vermano

Vermano Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 1999
    Uptown has it until late August?! I thought it was too late. I saw TPM there and it's a great theatre. Especially compared to what we have in my neck of the woods.

7. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    Its still at Rockville Regal as well. In the tinyest theater. :p

8. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    *Edit*
    Its no longer at Regal, I was just there today. :(

9. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    Uptown is now showing "Road to Predition" (or whatever its called) - new Tom Hanks movie.

Soz

M

10. Princess_April

Apr 6, 2002
    Thnaks everyone. Looks like I'm going to miss out. It's such a shame that the movie is doing so badly. I have a feeling that the prequels are going to hurt the star wars legacy......

As a bonus for the info you gave me I'll send you free copies of the pirated version for your viewing pleasure. haha

11. Princess_April

Apr 6, 2002
    Hey, so with IMAX who needs to see it in the regular theatres? Somebody likes me up there. :)

12. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    hence, get your local IMAX theatre to start showing it ;)

M

13. Ken_the_CHOD

Ken_the_CHOD Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2002
    As long as this thread is back in the active category, we're hoping that AOTC will come to the Arlington Cinema & Drafthouse soon. But the %&$@^(_%#$ Lord of the Rings (a great movie, don't get me wrong) ran really long there, and now the AC&D is showing Minority Report. Y'know, we could see other movies too.

My point is to keep your eyes out for good second tier places to see AOTC or anything else cool.

14. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    It is currently playing at the University Mall theater in Fairfax VA - $3 a show. Who knows how long that will last....

15. Ken_the_CHOD

Sep 16, 2002
    Princess, I share your concern about the prequels. That's why we need to remake the prequels, and the technology to do it just keeps getting cheaper.

The technology that created Jar Jar can just as easily UNmake Jar Jar.

16. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    I thought AOTC was 100% better than TPM... I do wish George would find someone else to direct the third one.

17. Ken_the_CHOD

Sep 16, 2002
    I will give my thoughts on how the story SHOULD have been with very little provocation.

It comes down to this: I don't think love of spouse and family, or attachment to goodness in life, is the root of all evil.

I have Ani with Qui Gon and Obi Wan (a very young Wedge can blow up the battleship, I suppose). Ani sees Qui Gon, the only person who has really cared about him, die and devotes his life to revenge. That's where the Dark Side comes from.

We'll see what he does with Ep III: Anakin Goes Down.

18. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    yes Ani is pretty much destroyed in that one. It will be hard to watch! My poor Ani!

19. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    I can't wait!

20. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    I can't either! but still, I have grown attached to him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.