main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series How Long Will Rebels Run?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darkslayer, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    How many seasons do you guys think Rebels will get? I've actually seen 3 as a pretty common guess.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  2. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    I'm hoping at least four.

Pls, don't take my girl Sabine from me too soon...DONT DO IT!

sarlaccsaurs-rex and CIS Droid like this.
  3. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    5 seems to be a good number. I kind of start to loose interest beyond that because most series I saw end up to be repetitive unless it has short seasons.

4. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    You can't convince me that TCW was repetitive. I'm not suggesting that Rebels is repetitive, but IMO, the stories just aren't as gripping as the former series. But I want to like it. I'm giving it a chance to grow on me. I like some of the characters, and what should come to know one's surprise, they're all female.

ObiWanKnowsMe and Darkslayer like this.
  5. thatotherjedi

thatotherjedi Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2015
    6. It will go past ANH but stop before Empire.

6. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I think the notion of it going bast ANH is a bit of a stretch. If you look in the inside covers of some of new canon novels that have come out with timelines, they clearly suggest that the Rebels era is before ANH.

[​IMG]

7. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    I'm hoping 5 cause if they keep doing 20+ episodes for the upcoming seasons, it could give them close to 100 episodes if not short of 100.

Big_Benn_Klingon likes this.
  8. Noir Deux

Noir Deux Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 27, 2015
    Well, I'm ok with 6, with the last season having 13 episodes again.

That will leave them with 110 episodes, I guess that on the Season Finale of S4 they are going to show us Leia and they will be getting closer to ANH, what I don't know is what will happen with the whole crew? I mean they didn't kill Ashoka because she was the main one, but now we have 5 protagonist with Rex and Ashoka too.

I wonder if they die in Alderaan in ANH

Big_Benn_Klingon likes this.
  9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Wow, couldn't get any more anti-climactic than that. Bail was a character invented for the canon to eventually be Leia's surrogate father; so his fate was already sealed the moment that script was written up. I can't imagine any of the current known protagonists being put on Alderaan at the time of the Death Star's infamous destruction.

10. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    I really don't want this whole crew to have a doomed fate, but I do think Ezra, Kanan and Ahsoka have slim chances of survival if they want to support Luke's role as the last Jedi.

11. CIS Droid

CIS Droid AOTC 20th Anniversary Banner Winner star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 21, 2015
    Plot twist, Sabine dies in the first episode of season 3.

12. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I don't know if it was ever confirmed, but I remember last year a couple different sites posting that insiders claimed the plan was 3 or 4 seasons of Rebels, and then they wanted to develop a new animated series set right before or during the ST.

Darkslayer likes this.
  13. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015

GuilD and CIS Droid like this.
  14. The Admiral Snackbar

The Admiral Snackbar Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 3, 2014
    Dave at some point said that he thought the show would last around 4 seasons. Though it seems recently that they are seriously considering doing more possibly.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

15. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    well as much as i love rebels, i really want to see a Post-ROTJ animated series. see Luke and the OT Characters deal with the Fallout of Endor and the collaspe of the Empire and the birth of the New Republic.

Trebor Sabreon and Darkslayer like this.
  16. CIS Droid

CIS Droid AOTC 20th Anniversary Banner Winner star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 21, 2015
    Read shattered empire, takes place at the fallout of endor. I read it today and it was great.

Dagobahsystem and cubman987 like this.
  17. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Yeah I have a hard time seeing them going forward with an animated series that featured the main characters from the OT, I think they will keep those to books and comics. I could maybe see them doing a series about some new characters during this time but I get the feeling they wouldn't want to tie up the stories of the main characters in an animated show.

18. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Rebels will never end. Rebels is eternal.

19. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    Rebels is love. Rebels is life.

20. Noir Deux

Noir Deux Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 27, 2015
    From my POV it's pretty clear that they're not active by ANH because Leia and Co. could have went on a search for them.

I'm pretty sure that eventually they are going to meet Leia, and I'm pretty sure that Ashoka knows about Leia too, I would love to know if she knew about Anakin babies or nah.

I know that they can make this trick about telling us: 'the galaxy is limitless, the crew could have been in another place and that's why Yoda didn't knew about them'

21. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Viva la Resistance!

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I myself want a Post Endor show but not with the OT cast as major characters.

23. The Most Cunning Jedi

The Most Cunning Jedi Jedi Master star 2

Dec 24, 2014
    I want a show ON Endor. Yub Nub!

I see Rebels getting at least 5 seasons.

You know, they could do another micro-series set in the new movies' era featuring those characters. It'll be a way to give the audience more but not too much. Then after Episode 9, they can do a full-fledge one.

Basically, it wouldn't surprise me if history repeats itself with these new movies and the animated shows. But I think they'll keep Rebels for a while. It will still have appeal even after the new movies come out - Vader, Early Rebellion, TCW characters, so on and so forth.

GuilD likes this.
  24. GuilD

GuilD Jedi Youngling

Feb 18, 2015
    I agree. At least I hope so. Rebels is a good show and God I love the team.

but yeah, I think they're going to have a doom fate. I mean I guess perhaps I don't necessarily think they will, but I feel it'd be most fitting in a way? I'd like them to have a pretty impact on the canon. Or it could have all just been an awesome telling of another section of STARWARS folks aside from the franchise main characters' family lol.

It was pretty repetitive lol.. If not repetitive, it was more you know. "Alright I guess" than good. Same for the animation. It was better than most 3d series out there duh of course, but man was it blocky and pasty. That only changed for me far later in the series during parts of Seasons 3, 4 and 5 when I started to actually get pretty drawn into the events and the characters fates and dynamics.

25. beedubaya

beedubaya Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 15, 2014
    I think it should have a set number of seasons consistent with the story they are wanting to tell. It would be a mistake to milk it until it loses ratings and then end it then. They can then move on to another animated show telling a new story.

It should end with climactic showdown between Ahsoka and Vader, in the Emperor's throne room. Vader hesitates killing her and the Emperor fries her with Force lightning. That would be a perfect setup for where we find Vader in the OT.

In addition, Kanan and Ezra cannot survive the end of the show. By the Empire Strikes Back, Luke has to be the only remaining Jedi and having Kanan and/or Ezra live would undermine that.