main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series How Long Will Rebels Run?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darkslayer, Dec 4, 2015.

1. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    6 would be too many, Rebels is not as good TCW so it really shouldnt run as long.

2. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    I honestly think next season will be its last. They said in Rebels Recon that they will begin to tie the show in much closer to Ep. IV and Rogue One next season so I think there might not be a need for a season 4 or 5. Rogue One and its tie in material can pick up where the tv show left off.

3. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014
    I am pretty sure it will last for 4 seasons max.

Hell, even the next one might be the last.

4. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Just because Rouge One is being released, doesn't mean Rebels has to stop because of it.

I would gladly sacrifice Rouge One for another season of Rebels.

5. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Rogue One will give new angles and characters for Rebels.
    I think it'll go until Episode 9 is done, then with the mysteries of that Trilogy all revealed, they'll start a new series... Lil Kylo, Jedi Babies, Han's Solo Adventures. Something between 6 and 7.

6. McRowdy

McRowdy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 19, 2010
    When did the opinion on TCW change over? Last I remember was that it was largely known for spectacle and willingness to push the boundaries of children programming in the 2000's.

Meh, the fact that we actually have a coherent storyline in Rebels as oppose to the nonsense that was the Savagge-Maul-Dooku-Talzin-Sidious backstab fest, and then you had things like the Mortis Trilogy that honestly felt completely pointless imo. The simple fact that in Rebels is clear visible storyline and actual inlaid character arcs for each of the main characters rather than endless hinting at what will be down the road like it was in TCW makes me interested to see how it would go for six season over TCW

7. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  8. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Well if Rebels is going to be Filoni's new A:TLA, then I guess I could see why. But I hope this isn't true. I'm enjoying Rebels far too much to see it cut short after only three seasons.

darklordoftech and MandoArtist like this.
  9. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    thatotherjedi and starocean90 like this.
  10. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    I saw that news and that's what I have been wanting to see for a while. Actual characters in the OT that had small roles getting bigger roles in Rebels. People like Bail, Mothma, Dodonna, Akbar and Reeikan should eventually show up more. I think they have at least 2 more seasons of stories in them.

darklordoftech likes this.
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Cutting it short and not resolving some important plot lines would be a a horrible mistake.

12. MandaloreRex2015

MandaloreRex2015 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2015
    I think that the latest it will stop will probably be Season 4 or 5.
    There's 2 different ways this could go as far as timeline wise:
    Season 1 starts in 5 BBY and ends in 4 BBY
    Season 2 starts in 4 BBY and ends in 3 BBY
    If that pattern keeps up, then Season 3 will go from 3-2 BBY, Season 4 will cover 2-1 BBY, and Season 5 would cover 1 BBY until right before Rogue One.

The other pattern I noticed was the episode count.
    Including the shorts, there are 15 episodes set in 5 BBY, 15 in 4 BBY, and 11 so far in 3 BBY.
    If they go with that pattern where fifteen episodes occur in one year before ANH, then Season 3 would have the first four episodes in 3 BBY, the middle 15 in 2 BBY, and the last 3 in 1 BBY.
    Then Season 4 would have the first half in 1 BBY, with the second half leading into Rogue One.

thatotherjedi likes this.
  13. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    As much as some of us like Rebels it has always been a series just to tie fans over until they were ready to do a ST show. Let's face it. Post Return of the Jedi is where Disney wants to be. We are seeing it in all the other medias. Del Rey is releasing quite a few books coming up post ROTJ (Blood Lines and the next two Aftermath novels) and we have a new ST ongoing comic starting in April.

It only makes since for them to end Rebels and start their ST animation show sooner rather than later.

14. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I find that difficult to believe. They've stared the ball rolling on so much now that it would be incredibly difficult to wrap it all up in one season.

darklordoftech and thatotherjedi like this.
  15. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    but that's the thing, the rumor is saying they won't wrap it up in S3, that they will do so with DVD/TV Movies.
    Which mind you would have been perfect way to end TCW, by releasing a few TV/DVD movies of the remaining arcs.

16. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    If and when they do start a new series, I hope they Scrap the TCW-Rebels production and make their new show total different. Disney would be wise to move into the era they created with their new movies and focus strictly on all their new characters like Vaders grandson and stuff. 2 more seasons in Rebels should be enough to connect TCW to the OT then start a whole new series unrelated to TCW-Rebels.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  17. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    I don't think adapting the fall of Ben Solo is going to be an animated series guys. It's too dark.

18. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    i really want Rebels. to go 100 episodes. that would mean seasons 3, 4, and 5 would each have to have 20+ episodes. (if it even goes Season 4 and 5).

19. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I wouldn't. Just my opinion though

PymParticles likes this.
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It won't be a live action series either just not worth the money I think.

21. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I think it's possible to wrap things up with the third season, but it needs to be focused and largely devoid of filler episodes. That said, even if it lasts past season three, I don't see it lasting longer than four seasons.

22. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012

post-RoTJ series would be about Luke Skywalker.

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I don't even understand the notion of suggesting the show REBELS could possibly go on well beyond the events of ROTJ. Um, there's no need for a rebellion anymore; the good guys won!

24. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    That would be a huge step forward at least for me

25. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I really like the show as a whole, I love the lead characters, I like seeing Ahsoka and Rex, I liked the Leia and Lando guest appearances, but if I ever see Azmorigan again in my life, it'll be too soon.