main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series How Long Will Rebels Run?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darkslayer, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I have no clue what that last thing nor do I think I want to know [face_laugh]

Suffice it to say I have very mixed feelings on the show

2. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    He's the annoying fat orange alien that showed up in Lando's first episode and later reappeared in Hondo's first episode.

He has a way of sullying the first quest appearances of very fun characters.

3. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    So after Rebels, a series between Yavin and Hoth? It seems like a nice comfy Clone Wars sized gap. Full on Rebellion vs Empire action, with the movie cast if they want.

4. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    All of the most iconic characters are dead post ROTJ.

5. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012

What do you mean by Iconic? like Who in specific are you referring to?

6. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Vader, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Sheev, probably Maul

7. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Good, Disney will have full reign to create new icons starting with their new big 3.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  8. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012
    So I was reading about apparently Maul will be returning for Season 3.

9. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I want to see Quigon Jinn and young Obiwan series with flashbacks to Young Jinn and Dooku.

10. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    I would not mind a Dooku Qui Gon film, I could possibly Red box or Netflix a movie like that. As far as Rebels goes, 4 seasons would be perfect. They do need to move closer to ANH though.

11. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Isn't there supposed to b a 1 year time gap between season 2 & the start of 3? Less time now 4 pre ANH stories. Fans if u want this show 2 last 4 or 5 seasons u better all start a letter campaign.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It was probably only a few months.

13. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    This should get rid of all your concerns

Jump to 47:00 or click this link

14. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Yup, we've been discussing that over in the Season 3 thread too.

15. Big_Benn_Klingon

Big_Benn_Klingon Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2013
    One of the things that was criticized about TCW, but which i think was a strength, was it's diverse focus in relation to characters, story and timeline. The show could jump around from character to character throughout the timeline and many of the characters stories were totally independent of one another. With Rebels being focused on the chronological experiences of this one crew, it is far, far more limited in how their story can be stretched out in this finite timeline. I really wished they might have started the show a few years earlier in the timeline.

16. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    When I left this thread I was but a learner
    Now I am the Master!
    My prediction of 4 and done was pretty accurate. Only 4 Seasons was a perfect decision.

17. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Will in the end work out pretty well. 1 season for 1 in universe year.

18. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012

It was the intention from the start. Before Rebels even aired, I and others speculated it was just a temporary addition to the canon - whilst the ground is laid (by the ST) for a post-RoTJ series. The more I've watched (and enjoyed) the show, the less Dave Filoni it feels; I think Disney have a road map for Star Wars and key dates, events to be established and defined - but the characters involved are not that important.

Rebels was never meant to have character arcs and Filoni explained this right at the start of the franchise.

19. choccy

choccy Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 18, 2004
    Shadow's of the Empire is a MUST!

20. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    It's really not.

Rebels is likely to be first and last animated series set in the OT timeline.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I wouldn't bet anything on it and technically there already is another show set in the OT timeline

22. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012

there's actually two. the upcoming Forces of Destiny and the "Canon-adjacent" LEGO Star Wars: The Freemakers Adventures series.

23. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Forces of Destiny is based in All 3 eras. PT, OT and Disney timelines, but I think its time for Disney to just take over with their stuff. They got Battlefront 2 story to connect OT to the Disney films and Disney has their new characters they are working on.

24. Big_Benn_Klingon

Big_Benn_Klingon Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2013

Ya, I suspect the Filoni team will be put to work on a ST-era show next. I have next to no interest in that, but perhaps they can flesh out the era and capture my imagination. TCW managed to get a lot of people to look at the PT in a more positive light.. Im gonna need some of that kinda magic.

CoolyFett and TheMechanical0ne like this.
  25. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    At Celebraton the girl from the new Disney films was heavily featured. Many girls cosplayed as her. The enemy guy who is Hans son and Anakins grandkid was also heavily featured. I'm guessing he is the new Maul/Vader character of the Disney trilogy and probably will not die in their new Lost Jedi film. The kids are gonna love this new series. Disney will create a film trilogy and matching animated series for those characters. If they keep Vaders grandson alive for all 3 movies that just opens thing up even more. Are there any other villains in the Disney era like the ones George had in his 6 films? Any Boba Jango characters? Are is just Hans kid as the villain?