main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How Long Will TFA Be?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darkslayer, Feb 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Binary_Sunset

Binary_Sunset Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2000
    I hope the movie is 2 hours long.

2. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    If you take into account all the spoilers and rumours then the First Act will be over two hours long :rolleyes:

3. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    9 hours split into 3 movies - right o Peter.......

4. arjank

arjank Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2015
    My first thought was 140minutes, 2 hours is just to short.
    I really can't wait for this movie to hit the theaters! I was a bit hyped when Episode I, II and II came out but Episode VII is just a whole different thing. I feel the force is very strong in this one :D

5. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    While I despise overly long running times, (especially when nearly every Marvel films clocks in at 2 1/2 hours) I can't help but want it to be long. It's been 10 years since the last real Star Wars movie and I want to get the most movie possible to justify the running time. That, and it would result in more John Williams music.

Apophis_ likes this.
  6. WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014
    2 and a half hours is a good length in my opinion. 3 hours would probably feel too long. I end up with a severe case of sore backside syndrome when a film's hitting three hours.

7. Amdrag

Amdrag Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 26, 2008
    Name one Marvel Studios movie that comes in at two and half hours. The Avengers is the longest film at 143 mins. All but 3 come in under 130mins. 3 of the movies are under 2 hours. :oops:

8. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    3 hours 23 mins 17 secs

9. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    My guess is 2:20.

10. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    It will be as long as a piece of string.

11. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    Really hoping for a lengthy movie. For all this movie seems to be doing, it'd be nice if it can have everything not feel too rushed. I know Abram's is quick paced but he knows Star Wars needs slow scenes too.

12. -Jedi Joe-

-Jedi Joe- Jedi Master star 2

May 6, 2013

"I think I went too far in a few places..."

"It's so dense! Every single shot has so many film imperfections."

13. WadiumArcadium

Nov 27, 2014
    Yep. Age of Ultron is set to be the longest at around 20 hours 40.

14. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    I'd say 2 hours, give or take 30 minutes

15. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    [face_hypnotized] :p

WadiumArcadium likes this.
  16. Loupgarou

Loupgarou Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 19, 2010
    Well, if you're going by rumors, you have Gleeson's secret war to destroy two superweapons, Finn defecting from the empire and then somehow joining with jedi Isaac and then somehow joining with Rey and tracking down Luke Skywalker, Luke's battle of wills to keep the ancient sith spirit in the tomb he guards at bay, Han and Leia's...whatever they're up to but also their strained relationship with whoever ends up being their kid, and Kylo Ren who's gonna need time to be developed as a character. And that's not even mentioning whatever's happening in the GFFA at large, like in galactic politics. Those are a LOT of important plot threads. While i like many of these ideas, i honestly hope most of them are false simply because, even with a long runtime, you can't really do them all justice.
    So i hope it's not too long, because very few movies are actually able to utilize all that time effectively.

17. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    It ain't called Age of Ultron for nothing!

EHT likes this.
  18. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    The film will be exactly 37 minutes long.

19. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    131 minutes is the guess I'll toss into the ring

20. WadiumArcadium

Nov 27, 2014
    Whoops. Serious case of sore bottom syndrome if that was the case. :p

EHT likes this.
  21. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    As long as ROTJ I think.

22. vinsanity

vinsanity Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2013
    between 130 and 150 minutes

23. Acroyear

Acroyear Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2001
    I seemed to over-look this and I wonder if anyone else caught this quote from starwars7news.com:

Lawrence Kasdan: And this new movie, first of all, it’s turning out really great. J.J. directed it so beautifully, and it’s so exhilarating and everything. It’s a big movie. It’s full of wonderful stuff, incident and character stuff and jokes and effects. One of the things that we always refocus on from the get-go was that it not be one of these very long, bloated blockbusters. A lot of very entertaining movies lately are too long. In the last 20 minutes, you think, why isn’t this over? We didn’t want to make a movie like that. I mean, we were really aiming to have it be—when it’s over you’ll say, “I wish there’s more.” Or, “Wait, is it over?” Because how rarely you get that feeling nowadays, and I think we’re headed there. But it means that there will be constant critical looking at it from now to the end, saying, “Do we need this? Do we need that? Is it better if this comes out, even though we love it?” Killing your darlings.
    http://www.starwars7news.com/2015/0...-lucas-lando-calrissians-future-and-more.html

Really comes as no surprise.

So: less is more? I guess it is always best to leave the fans wanting more. Even if it is not going to be as long as the Hobbit movies (which I never expected it to be), hopefully it'll be over 2 hours. Maybe 130 minutes give or take a few minutes.

24. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 24, 2014
  25. Acroyear

Acroyear Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2001
    You should of told me before I created this thread because that would be just about the last place I'd look to find out about the planned running time...

SkywalkerOG likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.