main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

how long will you keep visiting here...

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by CCK, Oct 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CCK

CCK Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    there's still 2 years or so till ep. III! visiting this spoiler free board has been so fun and exciting for me, but as we get closer to the realease of ep III, do you think you'll still keep comming here to post and talk with your fellow 'spoiler-free' fans? how long will we be able to come up with speculations and ideas before we run out of ideas to post and/or are proved wrong as more and more information is released? for me to stay 'spoiler-free', i know stuff is ok that's revealed on the official site, etc...but i feel like i can't last too much longer here or i'll know too much about the film...i'm not leaving yet, just wondering about all of your opinions...

2. Mech-E_Jedi

Mech-E_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2002
    That's the beauty of ignorance . . . as long as one remains truely spoiler-free, imagination and speculation is always more dynamic than truth.

That's a fancy way of saying that only the "spoiled" will lose interest in what "might" happen.

Does that make sense?

3. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    I'll keep stoppping by until that time when IT happens. And by IT, I mean that time when I'll be accidentally spoiled. At that point, I'll just jump right into all of the spoilers.

4. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    I'll probably take a temporary leave from the entire JC when there's a couple months or so until Ep3 is out. I think there could be a few trolls sprouting here around that time and trying to ruin things, so I'm just gonna take a break and come back after I've see it.

5. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    I'll continue to visit until Mace Windy or stinrab tell me I've worn out my welcome and to get the Hell out, that's when. ;)

6. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Hmm...maybe I can get Windy or Stinrab to PM you. ;) Kidding.

Until I get spoiled in here, I'm going to participate.

It's hard to say - I'm trying to be as spoiler-free as possible, but before, for AOTC, I enjoyed all the info from the OS and the trailers.

The hardest thing of my life will be to keep myself from watching the trailers.

7. Jedi_Lord_Windu

Jedi_Lord_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2003
    i will stay here, i havent been to the spoiler thread in a loooooooong time, i mean like 6 months or so and im going to do wut DAMOND is gunna do...about march 2005 i wont be here, ill just avoid all SW sites

8. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Until I am spoiled for at least 50% of the movie, once it gets to the point where I know so much of the story, that there is no point but to go all the way and find out the rest, While there are one or two people out there that are determined to spoil me (you know how you are ;) 8-} ) I will do my best to make sure it doesn't happen.

9. Jedi Greg Maddux

Aug 3, 1999
    Hmm...maybe I can get Windy or Stinrab to PM you. Kidding.

Tee hee. I think Windy and stinky know better than to fall for that. ;)

10. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    I'll stay until the May 2005, when these boards merge to form "Episode III" in general. Unlike a lot of people here, I'm not letting myself go all out spoiled if I happen to be spoiled. I'm gonna try and keep as much as possible a suprise.

11. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I really, really, really do not understand the mentality: "once I become spoiled, I might as well go all the way."

How does that make any sense?

Once I see the new Anakin icon, I might as well learn everything I can?

Once I find out who the new villain is (if anyone), should I then abandon all hope and read all Spy Reports?

If 5% of the movie is "ruined", why spoil the other 95% you know absolutely nothing about?

Arrrrgh. I'll stop ranting now.

12. Jedi Greg Maddux

Aug 3, 1999
    I'm not worried about getting spoiled at all. I don't go to any spoiler sites. I don't venture into the Spoiler forum. I don't even check out TF.N main. I don't think anything of it, really.

13. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Hey CCK, I believe in standing up for the rights of users like you. I personally don't see a problem with officially released images and info because I don't find them to be too spoilerific. However, people like you should have the right to have a place you can go and not worry about seeing an icon with an Episode 3 Anakin Skywalker image on it. There should be a board or thread for completely spoiler free people where those icons and everything is strictly prohibited. I tried to fight early on to have those Anakin icon images removed from the spoiler free board but there wasn't much I could do. Everyone and their brother wanted to use them. I hope it doesn't have to come to users leaving the boards cause they feel they're getting too spoiled. The 3NSA has few regular users as it is and we need as many folks in here as we can get. :)

14. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    I'll be sticking around here until I see Episode III.

15. CCK

CCK Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    this is for captain typho:

hi! i appreciate your response-it's very thoughtful!!! just for the record, i wasn't trying to complain or anything, i just was putting it out there because these boards are really fun and interesting and i love them...i just feel like to actually stay truly spoiler free there might come a point where a user (up to their personal choice of course!) will have to make a decision as to stay or leave...i didn't mean it in any bad way (and i'm not saying you implied that! : ) ) it's just how it is...for example, the 'official' site has said that chewbacca will be in EP III...it doesn't ruin EP III for me or anything, but now that i know that i wonder, if i DIDN"T know it, would i have been mega psyched when i saw it?
    i love these boards, they are super fun and i love reading everyones theories and ideas about the new film-a lot of these ideas and theories might even be better than the film itself! i just don't want to get too spoiled...that said, sorry for the rant!!!!
    can't wait till EP III! i hope it's the best!!!!!!

16. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    CCK and Captain Typho: I totally identify with both of your posts.

Typho, you know I was in there fighting against the Anakin icon with you.

But it's a losing battle.

The mods have a tough job here, b/c of all the fora, this one has the biggest potential for people to get pissed off.

Why? Because everyone sees spoilers differently, as this thread has revealed.

The rules HAVE been changed to better accomodate Complete Non-Spoilers Users, so we theoretically shouldn't get any more thread titles like "CHEWBACCA IN EPISODE III!!!!!".

That being said, I agree with those who say, "well, we'll try our best, but you're going to see SOMETHING from the movie before May 2005. It won't be anything major in this forum, but you will get spoiled to a certain extent."

I'm talking about the Anakin icon, I'm talking about the name of the movie.

I'd say I will definitely leave when the first trailer comes out.

Why? I think it would be impossible to "contain" the spoiler threat to spoiler-specific threads once the trailers start coming out.

The temptation to watch them will be bad enough without having to read about them as well. ;)

17. MOSEP

MOSEP Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2002
    I´ve had thoughts about leaving soon.
    I don´t want to, but...

It feels like we have came up with so many ideas that at least one of them is gonna pop up in epIII.
    And at opening night, at such a possible moment i don´t want to think "Wow, that´s exactly what i anticipated", or " Well whaddya know, it turned out just as CCK and
    GARTH_MAUL thought". For example.
    I just want to watch the movie with a clear mind. I guess that can be a tough one.

18. MOSEP

MOSEP Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2002
    Ok, that´s it, i´m leaving.
    Just saw someone´s icon on the AOTC board,
    a picture of Anakin...say no more.

Why did they chose to not have that completely spoiler-free forum you guys mentioned?

19. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    MOSEP, you're talking about the icon where Anakin is looking upwards?

Yeah, that caused a bit of a fuss in here.

I guess we kinda dropped the issue of a completely separate forum - it's just too difficult to police and to remind everyone that no info whatsoever is allowed.

Theoretically, the rules in this forum should allow people who want to be completely non-spoiled, as long as everyone follows them EXACTLY by the book.

20. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    I will be posting here until I see Episode 3 and then it's over to the spoilers forum.

21. Quiescent_Affair

Quiescent_Affair Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2003
    Until I lose complete interest in Star Wars... :p

22. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    First of all, it's not 2 years until Episode 3, it's only about a year and a half.
    Second, I've been to the spoiler forums, and there isn't anything posted there that hasn't been read on HyperSpace at the OS or in Star Wars Insider magazine. It's a little early to worry about unauthorized spy reports, and there aren't many anyway. I don't think there are going to be many at all.
    Third, I'm going to stick with this forum, mainly. Looking in the Spoiler forum at this point only gave me a general and vague idea of what might happen in E3. I'd say I'm probably about 5% spoiled. But that's enough. I won't be going back there.
    Fourth, I was totally spoiled for Eps 1 and 2, so I'm trying to cut way back for #3.
    Fifth, the big question is, will I keep coming back here after E3 comes out. Will there be enough to talk about to keep me coming back for many years? I wonder.

23. Squiffins

Squiffins Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2003
    Actually, I've just started coming here. I used to go to the spoiler forum just out of habit, but then I decided I want to enjoy Episode 3 the same way I enjoyed ROTJ... being on the edge of my seat, not knowing what's going to happen next. I completely ruined Attack of The Clones for myself because I knew every detail of it before opening night.

Anyway, just recently I saw a few bits of information on the spoiler forum that I wished I hadn't seen, so I decided to start coming here instead. The spoilers are dripping in slowly but surely, so watch out!

24. Jedi_Lord_Windu

Jedi_Lord_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2003
    spoilers are the deeevil, so is that game, fooseball---go watch waterboy, its great

25. CyHunter

CyHunter Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2003
    Two words: Spoilers Suck.

'Nuff said. I was much happier going in to Ep II not knowing the mystery than if I had. There's plenty of time for analizing the second, third, fourth time through.

It doesn't make any sense to hold out on spoilers until two weeks before release and read the script. It's just dumb and if you cared about not being spoiled enough to hold out for years, only to do something like that right before the release, it shows a lack of will power.

The Star Wars Insider and a few trailers are enough to tide me over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.