How long?

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Child_of_the_Sith, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Child_of_the_Sith Jedi Knight

star 1
    How long did you wait in line for? I only had to wait about 4 hours, which isn't half bad considering. I got my picture in the paper though, I was the only one in costume so the paper guy took my picture and asked me to say something. With my luck, I couldn't think of anything [face-tongue]
    Anyway, how long did you wait for?
  2. yodahs-daddy Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Actually We didn't have to wait, they just let us be steated 3 hours before so, alot of people just went in and sat down, not much of a line to get in.
  3. Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost

star 6
    I got at the theater about 10:30, and we just went in and sat down.
  4. 3263827 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Went for dinner at 9pm, hit the theater (which was right beside the restaurant) at about 10:15pm ... they let us right into the theater immediately. Sat and waited until 12:01am in a nice comfy chair.

Bought my tickets online, so no waiting there either.

Quite a difference since Episode 1 where I waited for tickets for 16hours, and in line for the midnight show for 4 hours. Seems the theater finally got it's act in gear.
  5. marajadebean Jedi Knight

star 2
    My friend and I got to the theater around 9:30 or so. We really didn't wait in line that long before they ushered us into the theater. It was just nerve wracking to wait 2 whole hours.

6. SWJaggy Jedi Master

star 4
    Waited outside in the lobby for 2 hrs but had something to do since the workers were handing out Star War magazines. Got there at 4:10 and were the first ones in line. We were let into the movie theater an hour early (at 6) then the movie started at 7.
  7. jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus

star 8
    We got there about 2 hours early, and since it was showing on several screens we were pretty much first in line for our theater.
  8. DamonD Manager Emeritus

star 6
    50 minutes in the queue, then another 25 mins getting throught the pre-film adverts and trailers.
  9. youngvader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Less than 3 hours in line but 2 sitting in the theater and waiting for the movie to begin. There was some technical problems.
  10. Mace Windy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I didn't have to wait in line. The multiplex allowed us to walk right into whichever one of the five screens of midnight showings we were assigned to right away. I showed up at the theater at 9:30 and got great seats right in the center of the theater, only one row lower than the row that I normally like to get.

:cool: Mace Windy,
    revenge of the wind!
  11. Ellbobin Jedi Master

star 4
    3mins while the machine printed out tickets.
  12. snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Approx 6 hours.

!snap
  13. AnakinMoonwalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    I waited outside in the rain for about 3 hours until they let us in at about 11:30
    Im glad I came that early, so many people were not allowed in since you could not purchase tickets until you were at the theater.
  14. JediPrincessKas Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    There was no line for us. Ours was the only theater already seating when we got there at 9:15 (the others were still showing other movies). Our seats weren't too bad (a little further up than I usually like), but sitting there for 3 hours until the movie finally started, and then a 2 1/2 hours for the actual movie, my legs were killing me at the end of the night. :p
  15. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Five hours! Worth it to get good seats, though, isn't it?
  16. JediPrincessKas Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Oh totally. Plus, seeing kids at the front of the theater having lightsaber battles was fun too.
  17. Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff

VIP
    star 5
  18. Bjork Jedi Master

star 4
    The theater let the folks with the 12:01 tickets into the auditorium early so I got there at about 9:30 (to save seats for my Dad who couldn't get there until 11:00) and did homework. :p
  19. Mace_Windo Force Ghost

star 4
    I had a two-hour drive to the theater, got there around 8 and they let us wait in the lobby after a while. Waited in the lobby for about an hour until they finally finished showing XXX 2(nobody was even watching it...), then they let us sit in the theater for a few hours before the movie started. They need more entertaining ads/music before the movie, listening to the "Since you been gone" remix so many times can give you nightmares :p .

It was mostly boring, a few people were there in bad Vader costumes, and a guy showed up in a bad Jango costume (I don?t know why everyone cheered for him...nice guy tho :p ). But I made the wait worth it for everyone. I had a few highlights:

I got up and challenged anyone to a lightsaber duel (while swinging my saber around in the air), and after nobody challenged me, I screamed "You guys suck!", and ran out of the theater.

With 35mins to go until midnight I yelled "Only 35 minuets to go!", people cheered, and every once in a while people tried to copy me, and a few times I yelled "POSER!" at a really freaky looking kid that did it.

So it was a fun wait. :)
    Total time: app. 6 hours.

-Mace-
  20. The_General_Grievous Jedi Master

star 4
    Well i got to the theature at 5:30 for my 7:45 showing, i waited about 2 hours
  21. Crow_T_Robot Force Ghost

star 3
    I went in at 7:00 for a 7:30 show on Wednesday. I could have easily walked in at 7:29 and gotten the same seats too. When I saw it again Thursday night I went, got my tickets and went right in and got good seats at about 10:00 for a 10:30 show. I feel bad for the long line of people that were already waiting for the 11:00 showing for some reason when I got there.
  22. zenwave Force Ghost

star 1
    No waiting for the Wednesday midnight premiere at my local m-plex, they let everyone in around 9:30.

However . . . at the Ziegfeld in NYC on Saturday, I got in line at 11:30am for the 2:30pm showing (and there were about 30 people in front of me)!
  23. ywingempress Jedi Knight

star 1
    We arrived at 10:00, waited outside for 1 and 1/2 hours, and in the theatre for another half hour. I actually wanted to arrive earlier, but my family thought I was completely crazy for even wanting to go that early. When we arrived and the line was already across the whole front of the theatre and around the corner, they had to admit I was right. ;) We didn't get great seats, but they were ok. :)
  24. vikingjedi1 Jedi Master

star 2
    I was surprised. We got there about 6:20 and the movie was supposed to start at 7:00.

When we walked in were looking for a line and didn't see one. Turns out we were the first ones there. Waited about 5 minutes and went in. Didn't even sell out with probably 75% of the theater full.
  25. Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus

star 6
    10 am to 11 pm on opening day.

Didn't wait at all on Saturday.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.