main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

How Luke's hand nearly hit my face! (Week 4, day 1)

Discussion in 'Big Brother Strikes Back' started by RidingMyCarousel, May 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    ...or other such nonsense!
    And Now, I present...

[hl=indigo]~* My First Star Wars Experience *~[/hl]

When I was but a wee lil' boy, I would always spend my summers with my grandparents who lived in Alabama. Well, they had this beautiful house on the countryside with a huge satellite dish. One of the 10 foot across ones. I was always in awe with the power of that thing (hehe, I always thought it was a superlaser until I was 10).

[image=http://www.tecs.com.au/images/satellite%20dish.gif]

So, one afternoon, when the humidity was just evil, my grandfather and I sat around the house and hung around. *insert a lot of talking about how my grandfather and I used to be really, really close* Anywho, we were flipping through channels when this one scene flashed before my eyes. "No Luke, I am your father!" Well, needless to say, I was a bit curious. I watched with intent and my grandpa handed the remote to me so I could watch whatever I wanted to. Hehe. Well, I left it on that channel. To be specific, it was TBS. :p

[image=http://wso.williams.edu/~rfoxwell/starwars/pics/JoinMe.jpg]

A few moments after watching this guy jump to his death, I saw a huge, huge, huge, huge spaceship and an even bigger place they were flying away from. My breath was taken away; I wanted to fly that ship. I wanted to be there. It was so spectacularly awesome! :D I was so excited, and suddenly it ended. I started to whine about it when suddenly...

Another movie started. :D :D :D

I watched forever it seemed. I was captivated by the flying of the ships and most importantly..

[image=http://www.scorerealm.ca/saberbattle.jpg]

The saber duel.

:cool:

I've always wanted a real lightsaber since then. Just because. And the film left me with other dream, to fly an X-Wing (thank the maker for Rogue Leader ;)).

Needless to say, when I found out there was another movie and that my grandpa had them, I watched them over and over and over again. I memorized each note of the soundtrack. I begged for the action figures. I wanted the games (oh, the days of NES..).

It started a huge, huge downward fan spiral.

;)

Hehe, oh, and look! I'm still a fan. Hehe. Yay! :p

And that's it. I think....

I'd rather not leave you with my life story. Sorry. :( :p

~ James

2. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Hehehe, I wish I could have randomly happened upon them when I was a little older. Sounds like a fun experience. :D It would be so cool to learn "But wait! There's another movie!" :) Too bad you tuned right in on the big shocker of the whole series, though. :(

Jae Angel

3. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    How come TBS (or any other station) used to play The Empire Strikes Back or Return of the Jedi on tv, but now all I ever see is A New Hope, on TBS? :( See, I don't have a VCR in my room. Actually, we only have 1 in the entire house, and even it's iffy. That and the fact I can't exactly find my Original Trilogy set... [face_blush]

So really now, the only way for me to see the OT is on tv. And they don't show the good movies! :_|

4. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Well, I guess I was "spoiled" for the entire series. Ah well, it coulda been worse. And I loved the films to death. So no worries there. :D

And TBS just sucks nowadays.
    Then again, so does all TV. ;)

~ James

5. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Speaking of which, I was watching ANH on ABC a few weeks ago and they actually cut Han's line, "Wonderful girl! Either I'm gonna kill her or I'm beginning to like her!"

I turned off the tv after that. [face_plain]

6. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    I wonder if it was edited for time or not. If not, then I give it a [face_plain] also.

~ James

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.