How Luke's hand nearly hit my face! (Week 4, day 1)

Discussion in 'Big Brother Strikes Back' started by RidingMyCarousel, May 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master

star 6
    ...or other such nonsense!
    And Now, I present...

~* My First Star Wars Experience *~

When I was but a wee lil' boy, I would always spend my summers with my grandparents who lived in Alabama. Well, they had this beautiful house on the countryside with a huge satellite dish. One of the 10 foot across ones. I was always in awe with the power of that thing (hehe, I always thought it was a superlaser until I was 10).

[image=http://www.tecs.com.au/images/satellite%20dish.gif]

So, one afternoon, when the humidity was just evil, my grandfather and I sat around the house and hung around. *insert a lot of talking about how my grandfather and I used to be really, really close* Anywho, we were flipping through channels when this one scene flashed before my eyes. "No Luke, I am your father!" Well, needless to say, I was a bit curious. I watched with intent and my grandpa handed the remote to me so I could watch whatever I wanted to. Hehe. Well, I left it on that channel. To be specific, it was TBS. :p

[image=http://wso.williams.edu/~rfoxwell/starwars/pics/JoinMe.jpg]

A few moments after watching this guy jump to his death, I saw a huge, huge, huge, huge spaceship and an even bigger place they were flying away from. My breath was taken away; I wanted to fly that ship. I wanted to be there. It was so spectacularly awesome! :D I was so excited, and suddenly it ended. I started to whine about it when suddenly...

Another movie started. :D :D :D

I watched forever it seemed. I was captivated by the flying of the ships and most importantly..

[image=http://www.scorerealm.ca/saberbattle.jpg]

The saber duel.

:cool:

I've always wanted a real lightsaber since then. Just because. And the film left me with other dream, to fly an X-Wing (thank the maker for Rogue Leader ;)).

Needless to say, when I found out there was another movie and that my grandpa had them, I watched them over and over and over again. I memorized each note of the soundtrack. I begged for the action figures. I wanted the games (oh, the days of NES..).

It started a huge, huge downward fan spiral.

;)

Hehe, oh, and look! I'm still a fan. Hehe. Yay! :p

And that's it. I think....

I'd rather not leave you with my life story. Sorry. :( :p

~ James
  2. NarundiJedi Jedi Master

star 6
    Hehehe, I wish I could have randomly happened upon them when I was a little older. Sounds like a fun experience. :D It would be so cool to learn "But wait! There's another movie!" :) Too bad you tuned right in on the big shocker of the whole series, though. :(

Jae Angel
  3. JediPrincessKas Jedi Master

star 5
    How come TBS (or any other station) used to play The Empire Strikes Back or Return of the Jedi on tv, but now all I ever see is A New Hope, on TBS? :( See, I don't have a VCR in my room. Actually, we only have 1 in the entire house, and even it's iffy. That and the fact I can't exactly find my Original Trilogy set... [face_blush]

So really now, the only way for me to see the OT is on tv. And they don't show the good movies! :_|
  4. RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master

star 6
    Well, I guess I was "spoiled" for the entire series. Ah well, it coulda been worse. And I loved the films to death. So no worries there. :D

And TBS just sucks nowadays.
    Then again, so does all TV. ;)

~ James
  5. Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    Speaking of which, I was watching ANH on ABC a few weeks ago and they actually cut Han's line, "Wonderful girl! Either I'm gonna kill her or I'm beginning to like her!"

I turned off the tv after that. [face_plain]
  6. RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master

star 6
    I wonder if it was edited for time or not. If not, then I give it a [face_plain] also.

~ James
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.