main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH How many AOTC soundtracks do you plan to buy?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon_Ludo, Mar 29, 2002.

?

How many AOTC soundtracks do you plan to buy?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. ALL OF THEM, I WANT ALL 4 OF THEM!!!

37.5%
  2. I'll get 3.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 2 should be enough.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Only 1, I buy CD's for the music, not the cover.

56.3%
  5. None... Who's that John Williams guy by the way?

6.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
  2. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    As everybody knows, the soundtrack will hit the stores on April 23rd.
    The new thing (and cool thing for collectors like me) is that there will be 4 different CD covers this time!! :D

The covers will be:

1: AOTC movie poster.
    2: Jango Fett.
    3: Anakin and Amidala.
    4: Yoda, with what looks like to be blue energy bolts coming out of his hands!! :) :)

We will end up buying all of them (I'll buy 2, Angel 1, and my dad another 1), but they'll end up in the same collection. :D
    With that Celebration coming up, the movie and all the merchandising, I have a feeling that I will be broke again very soon! ;)

3. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I'll start off with just one cover, probably the Yoda cover. Then when i get the extra money from having bought all the EP2 action figures i'll proceed to buy the other ones, Jango next, then who knows after that

I voted for all 4 btw

Trust me the soundtrack is WELL worth buying. It soungs great! I'm definately buying it although I already have a copy, and I highly encourage anyone who also has a copy to do the same

4. DarthStew

DarthStew Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2002
    I'll probably just end up with one, the movie poster cover. I really like the poster cover, and it will match my Episode I CD cover. This way I can save that much more money for the other AOTC goodies.

5. KirstenSolo

KirstenSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2002
    I'm planning on buying the Anakin/Padme cover and keeping it wrapped in its celophane. I'll listen to the one on my computer. :)

6. jedi_luc

jedi_luc Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2000
    In the spirit of a true collector who has no self control...4

7. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    OH MY GOD, THAT SOUNDTRACK KICKS A**!!!!!!
    JOHN WILLIAMS IS REALLY BACK AT HIS BEST :D
    That soundtrack is just awesome, I was really looking forward to see AOTC, but now I KNOW this movie is gonna rock!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    That last track is having me tearing up now :_|

YOU ALL HAVE TO BUY THAT CD, YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!! (well, almost ;) )

9. ImperialRecruiter

ImperialRecruiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2002
    What I heard of it just was spectacular! I just cannot wait to see this movie! :D

10. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    how bout that snippet of the imperial march!!!!! WOW!!!!

11. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    As I was listening to the soundtrack, I couldn't help but notice something that I've not really heard on any other Star Wars soundtrack.

Has anyone else noticed the electric guitar? I noticed it most on the first track.

12. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    yea, the electric guitar is in the zam wessle chase song. It's in there a few times, pretty cool!

13. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    Great! I knew I couldn't be that crazy!

Or could I... 8-}

14. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    sorry, but that would be just as retarded as buying four copies of a $20 novelization for four covers.
    Star Wars isn't made to be collectible. it is made to make money. no matter which CD case you get, it will still have the same music, and will not have any more value down the road than any other cover.
    I'll just buy whichever looks coolest, like how I got the Gandalf CD for LotR.

15. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    Why is it so retarded? I mean, if the idea is to make money, then appealing to collectors would definitely do that. If they only cared about releasing the music, they wouldn't have bothered with having more than one cover.

Besides, not every collector is going to worry about the value of their stuff down the road. Even Steve Sansweet is firm in saying that the real value of a collectible is what it means to the individual. Not how much money could be made if they sold their things.

16. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Sorry buddy, think your comment IS retarded. I collected soundtracks from all over the world for about 12 years now, and yes I am going to buy every cover, because I love collecting soundtracks. I do not appreciate being called a retard Ludicrous, you should watch what you write next time, that's really not a cool attitude you are displaying here.

17. Darth Ludicrous

Jun 25, 2000
    aren't you being a little touchy dude?
    I don't understand why anyone would by a CD for anything but the music contained on it.
    I assume multiple CD covers are meant for aesthetic preferences only and if someone wishes to buy all of them, then hey! Fox and Lucasfilm make even more dinero. To each his own.

18. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    Correct me if i'm wrong here, but don't you work for a comic book shop??? That means that your salary is based on collectors.

I wouldn't go biting the hand that feeds you.

19. Darth Ludicrous

Jun 25, 2000
    who works at a comic shop?

20. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    like is said, correct me if i'm wrong...so apparently i am. my bad...

21. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    Unless I'm mistaken, Ludicrous works at a Walgreens. And I don't think that it's retarded to buy all the different covers, when it comes to Star Wars. If Lucasfilm hadn't meant for the covers to be bought by collectors, they wouldn't have bothered with doing variation.

The last thing I will say about the "retarded" comment is that a statement like that sounds judgemental and condescending towards fellow Star Wars fans. This isn't the type of place to cut each other down. Aren't there already enough people doing that outside of the Fan Force family?

22. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Yeah, and just to make everybody happy.... I am going to Spain for my honeymoon in June, so I'll probably buy a Spanish soundtrack too.... LOL :D :D

23. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    Cool! Will you show me the cover so I can see the Spanish title for Star Wars? I'd love to see the back cover to see how the titles of the songs get translated!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.