main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX How many AOTC viewings in the first week?

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by dracula766, May 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dracula766

dracula766 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    My goal for TPM was to watch it in the theater 10 times but i only managed 6, so I'm definately getting a jump on this one.

I plan on seeing the AOTC 4 times by the end of the first weekend.
    1. Wednesday nite
    2. Thurs afternoon with my son
    3. Friday nite w/ my girlfriend
    4. Sunday at the digital theater at disneyworld (planned my vacation to checkout Star Wars weekend & they went & cancelled it on me...bastards!)

What about you guys?

-Ramiro

2. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    I saw TPM 24 times in the theater.

It sure is going to be reeeeally hard to beat that with AOTC this summer... [face_plain]

I will see it Wednesday night (1), Thursday afternoon (2), Friday or Saturday (3). Then, I will see it some more the next week.

Oh man...I can't wait!

And I don't care if seeing the same movie over and over again by yourself for a few months makes you a geek or not! :p

3. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001

I am taking off May 16 and 17, so I should get at least 6 or 7 shows in plus a few more over the weekend. I will see it in digital the first weekend in June when I go to Dallas for A-Kon. Then random shows through out the summer when I have nothing better to do. Should beat the 10 showings of TPM.

24 times? That is impressive.

4. Vadersnoghri

Vadersnoghri Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    I origianlly saw TPM 3 times opening day and a total of 11 times in the theater. I am planning on watching the midnight showing then a noon, then a 3 o clock showing and maybe an 8 or 9 pm showing that night. I will watch it for sure that Saturday, and Sunday with my brother. And at least one or two more times between Monday and Wednesday. I plan to see it at least 15 times this time in the theater.
    I agree with Queenie. If it makes me a Star Wars geek, then I stand tall and say that I am one. Star Wars rocks. One thing for sure is that I will see a lot of Gulf Point 30.
    Something else that I plan on doing after that weekend is to go see it in different theaters, because it does sound different in sdds, dts, and so on. Also some theater screens are a little bigger.
    I cant wait till May 15th, so I can go get in line again. By the way how will we know where to meet at Gulf Point 30? Also if we watch it together, we need to make sure to be in the same theater since there will probably be 3 or 4 showings at midnight.
    May the Force be with Everyone.

5. exthx

exthx Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2002
    I try to make it special each time, i saw TPM in Houston the first time, then flew to Mexico and saw it again in Playa Carmen near Cancun, then saw it again in Paris France, (where i'm from).
    I saw it in english-spanish and french.
    I'll try to beat that record this time,
    i'm planing on seeing AOTC in no less than 5 different European countries.
    Later

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.