main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How many Clone Pilots do *you* have?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Thena, Oct 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I'm also watching AOTC on an IMAX this Friday... :)

2. Kung-Fu-Yoda

Kung-Fu-Yoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2002
    I got 2...I'm also see Episode II on Friday!

-Yoda [face_devil]

3. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "For some reason I "remember" seeing Clone pilots manning Turrets on Gunship Maybe the AOTC DVD will clear it up for me."

Right you are, my friend. Except, they manned them INSIDE the bubbles. No one was manning them exteriorly. Read my post carefully and you'll notice I said that they don't man the bubbles *exteriorly* in the movie. :)

Hothy: OoooOOOoooo, that stinks. The only two fingers I have broken have come from basketball practices. :p
    Just wondering, what position do you play? I play shooting/point guard, although people think I'm good at ball handling I really am not that good. But shooting and passing are my big thing, so I usually play the 2 position mostly.

Last year I averaged 20 points a game and had two games in which I scored over 30! :)

:)

4. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    No pilots in UK yet.

5. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    You guys are lucky to have even seen the clone pilot IMO.

I went to Target the other day to look through the $2.99 figs, and someone else who was looking asked if they had any new figures. I told him I hadn't seen any new ones. He said TRU had some clone pilots a couple of weeks before.

What really irks me is that I had gone to TRU in those two weeks before and not seen a thing.

6. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Yeah, I think it kinda sucks that the Republic Gunship from Hasbro doesn't have bubbles for the pilots like the ones in the movie... :(

7. LittleGreenMaster

LittleGreenMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 2002
    AHHHHH Sithy I think I got it now, Perhaps I'm getting dumber as I get older :p :p :D

8. JediJunkie247

Jul 24, 2002
    Eureka, I found a clone pilot.

See the new acquisitions thread for details.

9. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    1 ! And that's it. With just his gun he looks like he's shooting at the sky.

10. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I have one.

11. _HothWampa_

_HothWampa_ Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2002
    sithy: i play the point guard position...and ball handling and passing are my best thing...i'm not really good at shooting in general but 3 pointers i'm pretty good at.. cause that's what my position kind of is supposed to do :D...

12. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Sweet! :D Same as me, except you're better at ball handling no doubt. :p

I had to play the point last year, actually, and I got much better. But thankfully since I'm on varsity this year I get to play shooting guard. [face_devil]

You need to get AIM, btw. :p

13. _HothWampa_

_HothWampa_ Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2002
    :D i used to have AIM but we had to erase everything on my computer and reload it cause of a virus and i lost it :( ya i've been on varisty for 2 years now :D ... and we have a big school so for a little short white person like me i feel honored :p!!

14. BushiFox

BushiFox Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2002
    Hothy: Bleh. Thats pretty stinky. Good reason not to play basketball, besides the fact that I think its kind of...boring. Heh. <---not a big basketball fan.

The only Saga figure I own so far as a super battle droid I got at target when they lowered their prices. That Jar Jar and Nikto jedi they had just didn't...jump out at me that I should buy them. Then I found out that the Super Battle Droid is more flimsy than the regular battle droids. ARGH! I must say, I'm not liking these action features.

I'm thinking I'll pick up teh gunship this sunday and get me a silver r2. Maybe toys r us will have some clone pilots. I might actually pay...full...price...for...them. argh!

15. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    I'm up to 4 clone pilots. Two piloting the gunship and the other two firing the turrets.

I'm up to 8 figures on my gunship :eek:

16. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    *counts on fingers*

When I get my 2 Bubble Clones I'll be up to 8 as well!

Currently I have 3 Clonies, Yoda, Mace and Ki-Adi... Just like the movie. :D

17. LittleGreenMaster

Aug 19, 2002
    Hey B'omarr! I have 10!! [face_mischief]
    4 Pilots like you, Preview Clone, Yoda, and 4 Red Clones. :) 2 of the Red clones are hanging on to grappling hooks! :cool: ;)

18. ThePostman

ThePostman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    I have 1...only 1...

For now :D

19. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    There were a bunch of new figures at my TRU this morning, but no Clone Pilots... :(

My army-building plans will have to wait...

20. JediJunkie247

Jul 24, 2002
    This may seem like a foolish question. But, by purchasing four clone pilots, that means you have four turrets. Now only two of those turrets can be manned by clone pilots while the other two pilot the gunship.

Now here's the part I want you to be patient with, why not just buy two clone pilots and have two clone troopers man the turrets?

Ok, go ahead and chew my head off. Have at it Sithy.

21. Akela9

Akela9 Jedi Master

Jul 11, 2001
    This maybe slightly off topic, but perhaps fits better here than in the other threads.

I just got my gunship two days ago. No pilots yet, but three troopers. Anyway, what in the devil is that yellowish, transparent, box-like thing on the rear bottom? I've seen AOTC on IMAX twice now, and there doesn't appear to be anything there on those gunships. It also doesn't appear to do anything practical on my gunship. Am I missing something?

22. DUM-4

DUM-4 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 1999
    I believe that it's there to prevent the gunship from tipping over backwards.

I picked up 2 pilots today (The only ones that were there). Anyone have any tips on how to get the pilots to sit on the turrets?

23. Akela9

Akela9 Jedi Master

Jul 11, 2001
    Hmm, that's probably it. Never thought about that.

Thanks.

24. LittleGreenMaster

Aug 19, 2002
    In response to JJ's question
    "This may seem like a foolish question. But, by purchasing four clone pilots, that means you have four turrets. Now only two of those turrets can be manned by clone pilots while the other two pilot the gunship.

Now here's the part I want you to be patient with, why not just buy two clone pilots and have two clone troopers man the turrets?"

In AOTC Clone Pilots man Teh Gunship's "Bubble" Turrets, ;) That's why I do it. I just think it Looks better :D So I just don't use the 2 extra turrets, oh well. :)

25. Droid_Runner

Droid_Runner Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2002
    I have the AOTC Incredible Cross-Sections book, and it looks like the 2 ball turrets are manned by regular Clone Troopers. It seemed this was the case whenever I saw the movie also. The Pilots are only in the top bubbles of the cockpit section., that I can see.

I'm still looking for my Clone Pilots... :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.