main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How many downloads is a lot?

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by FuserMarucs, Mar 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FuserMarucs

FuserMarucs Jedi Youngling

Dec 25, 2004
    Question is self-explanatory really, but what would you consider a good amount of downloads? I'd heard 10,000 mentioned before but I really dont know. You guys have had more films downloaded than me - what did yours top out at?

2. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    ...I don't even think there are 10,000 fanfilms out there, man.

I don't know how to count it either, nor do I see why it matters.

EDIT: I could change this to save face.. but man. Funk got me good. I'll leave it just for you, you cretin.

3. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    If VaporTrail left New York at 10AM traveling at 50MPH, and The Point of This Thread left Los Angeles at 12PM traveling at 30MPH, at what time would they COMPLETELY MISS EACHOTHER?

4. Vigilante74

Vigilante74 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2004
    ^^ Best post ever!

5. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Oh.
    Crap.

Thank you, Funk, for once again shedding light on the interminable darkness that is my sense of reasoning.

EDIT: Yeah, when FAI was released, the site it was hosted on got quite a few downloads, well into the thousands I believe. Bah, it could be less though, I don't remember. The guy took it down because it was taking up too much bandwidth.

6. ktulu216

ktulu216 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2005
    11:36 a.m.

7. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

I beleive he means people downloading his movie... I really don't know, but when I released my teaser trailer for "The Matrix: Total Impact" a few months back, I beleive I got around 25,000 hits... Thats mostly because of it being posted as a news article on the main site though. It eventually ate up all of our bandwidth.

8. FuserMarucs

Dec 25, 2004
    Yep - thats what I meant - how many times has your film been downloaded. Just curious thats all! 25000 sounds pretty impressive - I'll check the film out now!

9. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    "It eventually ate up all of our bandwidth."

HA HA :)

Not the first time that has happened.

10. durbnpoisn

durbnpoisn TFN Staff Cast & Crew Database star 5 VIP

May 20, 2002
    I have counters on all sorts of things I do. They all show the averages for how often things get hit.

My films generally get about 100 downloads a week. It statys pretty consitant at that. That's not really "a lot", but it's good.

Now, my EpIII Trailer got caught in the wave of everyone looking for the ACTUAL trailer. It got downloaded 20,000 times in 2 days!! That was "A LOT"!!

But, of all the sites I have, my Episode III countdown timer averages about 3000 hits a day. That's a pretty high number...

11. 21gninja

21gninja Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2004
    a 100 is an great number for a year for alot a people.
    Those are some nice stats

12. FuserMarucs

Dec 25, 2004
    Thanks folks - it gives me some sort of idea at least!

13. Darth_Bone

Darth_Bone Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2001
    I´ve got around 300 hits per month which is not that bad I think.

14. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Go see how much bandwidth Red Vs. Blue routinely swallows on a monthly basis.

15. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    Lol I've had well over 2,000 hits (per month) on my site in March (yes, so far) and Feburary...don't know why though because there's not much on there and it's not even that good. :) For a site that was first hosted around the beginning of the year and with almost 0% promotion I don't mind the numbers though!

Gotta wonder how many hits Pixel got on his trailer overall...

Oh and Vapor nothing personal but you've been funkernated. ;)

16. Red-2

Red-2 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2004
    ive gotten 7000 a month, thas tops

17. DMPjedi

DMPjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2003
    Hell, I was impressed when I saw my Pimp That Thing in my Driveway trailer was downloaded 93 times in a week :p That was a big contributor in killing my bandwidth in February.

18. DVeditor

Dec 21, 2001
    For me I just kinda looked at my site and wondered what the people were looking at...

19. Brandeni

Brandeni Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2002
    I think pixel magic wins the "tons of downloads in a short amount of time" award, i think it was around 70,000 in 3 days or so.

20. DVeditor

Dec 21, 2001
    Yeah he kinda created FLOODS of downloads really fast...a feat which I commend him for!

21. braxtanFILM

braxtanFILM Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Billions.

Everyone on the planet has downloaded all my movies.

Twice.

22. DVeditor

Dec 21, 2001
    Dang, hope it wasn't all at once. I wanna see a screen-grab of that counter...

23. Sith-Lord_James

Sith-Lord_James Jedi Master star 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Holy crap. I know I'm a little late in this but that was an awesome post, Funk.

24. General_Rieekan

General_Rieekan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    i remember reading somewhere on a SW fan site that Emergence Of The Sith had been downloaded over 2 million times since its release. of course, i read that back in 2003, so im sure the numbers have gone up a bit since then...

if i could remember the site, id post the link. if i find it, ill let yas know!!!

:D

25. DVeditor

Dec 21, 2001
    Was this it?

"Emergence of the Sith.

I will finish today's selection with the fan film Emergence of the Sith by Cour De Leone. This is a very popular film and has been downloaded over 2 million times. A variation on the standard 'Jedi vs Sith in the forest' this film impresses with it's special effects."

EOTS Homepage

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.