Discussion How many episodic movies could you see them making

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by darkchrono, May 19, 2013.

1. darkchrono Force Ghost

star 4
    Aside from all the spinoff movies that they will make how far do you think they will go with the episodic movies. If 7-9 is really successful I could easily see them doing a 10-12 trilogy. After that though it would be interesting of how much further they would take the current Skywalker storyline. I fully expect they would continue to make more movies in the universe but how far they take the episodic movies would be fun to eventually see.
    Last edited by darkchrono, May 19, 2013
  2. darkchrono Force Ghost

star 4
    Oops. I should have put episodic movies in the title.
  3. Darth Claire Force Ghost

star 4
    Episodic episodes....LOL
    My prediction: 7-9 and 10-12 and thats it
  4. darkchrono Force Ghost

star 4
    Yep. I think they still will continue to make movies but after that I'd imagine they will jump into a different time period. Either in the past or perhaps in the future.
  5. The Hellhammer 7SA Forum Interrogator

Game Host
    star 5
    I'm guessing they'll go up to 12. This Trilogy is the "passing of the torch" and the next one will fully focus on the new generation of heroes and probably wrap it up with that.

The non-episodic movies will be in abundance and probably some TV stuff as well.
  6. Buddha Fett Chosen One

star 4
  7. Krueger Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm also guessing they'll go up to twelve.
  8. The Hellhammer 7SA Forum Interrogator

Game Host
    star 5
    @Buddha Fett
    That video could easily pass for an early James Bond movie intro.
    Last edited by The Hellhammer, May 19, 2013
  9. Zuckuss the Ruckuss Force Ghost

star 4
    Numerical episodes? I think 7-9 could very well be it. I think the numerical stuff only really signifies the Skywalker story as well as(by extension) Lucas ideas and themes.

I guess there could be 10-12, but I think that would mean a game plan implemented in 7-9. Personally, I think they are just going to combine the original treatment ideas of those two trilogies. At least I hope. I'm actually way more interested in stories(and potentially original characters)that have nothing to do with Skywalkers.

But the end of the numerical stuff doesn't mean the end of Star Wars movies. Not by a long shot. If anything, its going back to its "roots" where there wasn't a numerical number involved.

I think all you really need is Star Wars- Subtitle -scroll. Numerical numbers are not required.
    Last edited by Zuckuss the Ruckuss, May 19, 2013
  10. mes520 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Well we're at least going to have 1-9 and it's very possible we could do 10-12 someday. They could continue with Luke, Leia, and Han's children and grandchildren or they could skip a few generations and do Legacy movies with Cade Skywalker and Ania Solo
  11. darkchrono Force Ghost

star 4
    EU characters??? Might as well forget about that. We may have children in the movies but they are going to be kids created by Lucas/Disney. Not by any of the EU books.
    kubricklynch likes this.
  12. Golden Jedi Knight Jedi Master

star 1
    They will go up to Episode Catorce!!!!!

13. Golden Jedi Knight Jedi Master

star 1
    Why are some people so convinced that Jaina, Allana, etc. won't appear? We have no idea what Disney is going to do. They could have an appearance by Jaxxon (the green rabbit creature in the picture below), for all we know.

[IMG]
    mes520 likes this.
  14. Darth_Hydra Force Ghost

star 4
    Bond had 20 (official) movies before the restart/reboot/whatever so I could easily see them going to Episode XII or even XVIII unless the ST completely bombs. Even if they don't go that high we don't how many spin-offs they're planning except it's going to be more than one as long as they are profitable for Disyney and Lucasfilm.
  15. Darth Chiznuk Chosen One

star 5
    I think it would be nice to have twelve episodes. It would match the old serials that Star Wars is modeled after. If they do go with twelve I'd like to see the grandchildren of the big 3 take center stage in those films instead of the entire ST focusing on passing the torch and waiting until 10-12 for the children to come to the forefront. I just like the idea that each trilogy focuses on the next generation. Also if a Solo child is the main protagonist of the ST it would be kind of cool for us to have six films of the Skywalker Saga and six films of the Solo Saga.
  16. EHT Manager: New Films

Manager
    star 5
    Fixed. :p
  17. Slash78 Force Ghost

star 3
    Well, George talked about 9, 12 and then 15 at one point. Though here is what we know.

Originally the Death Star was supposed to be destroyed in Ep VI, but because George didn't know he'd be able to make anything after the first Star Wars (now known as Episode IV: ANH) he ended it with the destruction of the Death Star. Because he didn't know if he wanted or would be able to make VII-IX after he was done with ESB he decided to have Luke confront the Emperor and make Leia his long lost sister. Originally it would have been just him vs Vader and a new Death Star and Ep VII-IX finding his sister and building up to a confrontation with the Emperor. X-XII would have likely been Luke handing off to a new generation like he'll be doing in VII-IX.

The only question know is who will be the enemies in Ep VII-IX?
  18. darkchrono Force Ghost

star 4
    Disney has already stated that it is going to be an original story and they won't be following any of the EU stuff. Best the EU fans can hope for is probably similar to what TCW did (use some EU character names and planets but it be an entirely new storyline).
    Last edited by darkchrono, May 19, 2013
  19. darklordoftech Force Ghost

star 5
    Let's keep the EU debates out of this thread.
  20. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
  21. The-Eternal-Hero Force Ghost

star 4
    2,000. But no more. That would dilute Star Wars.
    darklordoftech likes this.
  22. Golden Jedi Knight Jedi Master

star 1
    Disney said it would be an original story, yes. Whether or not that means no EU story material will be referred to is anyone's guess. History suggests that what you said will hold true: That there will be some EU characters and planets used, but the EU stories themselves will mostly be ignored.
  23. V-2 Force Ghost

star 4
  24. Golden Jedi Knight Jedi Master

star 1
    Fair enough.
    darklordoftech likes this.
  25. darklordoftech Force Ghost

star 5
    Each Episode will cover one year of the history of the GFFA starting with Phanius becoming Darth Ruin.