main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Omaha, NE How many folks in the Omaha Fan Force?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by DelReyPublicity, Sep 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DelReyPublicity

DelReyPublicity Del Rey Asst. Director of Publicity star 1 VIP

May 13, 2002
    Someone suggested sending a New Jedi Order event to nebraska. Any idea how many of you guys are in the Omaha Fan Force? And do any of you work in a bookstore?

Thanks!

Colleen Lindsay
    Del Rey Publicity
    clindsay@randomhouse.com

2. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    There are roughly 10-15 "active" members in the OFF...and a few that come out for our bigger get togethers. None that work for a bookstore...that I know of at least. The closest thing to that is one that I believe works for the local newspaper. I only live 3 blocks away from Barnes & Noble though! :D I'm sure you could count on plenty of support from the OFF though.

3. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    I'd be way up for a New Jedi Order event!!!

4. sarahpie

sarahpie Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 2001
    Dude, that would so rock!

5. banthagrl

banthagrl Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2001
    A New Jedi Order thing would totally rock - and I do indeed still work for the Omaha World-Herald (circulation including all of Nebraska and western Iowa - "local newspaper" indeed...)

6. That awful vracer

That awful vracer Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2000
    And I know there are plenty of Star Wars fans in Omaha, besides FanForce members. Something like this would draw out Star Wars fans like toy collectors at Toy-r-us on new action figure day. And i'm sure the 501st guys could be coaxed out of the woodwork too.

7. Vader71

Vader71 Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2002
    Sounds cool.

8. TK750

TK750 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2001
    So, what's the word on this? Have we successfully scared Del Rey away, yet? I would have to dust off the armor for this one.

9. DelReyPublicity

DelReyPublicity Del Rey Asst. Director of Publicity star 1 VIP

May 13, 2002
    Haven't scared me away yet; trying to figure out if I can squeeze Omaha in there somehow...

Give me a couple days.

Colleen

10. TK750

Oct 22, 2001
    Well, if you can make it happen I will definitely pull out the scout armor for this.

11. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    Seeing how Omaha hardly ever gets Star Wars related events outside Fan Force activities, an officially sanctioned NJO event would be great! We could squeeze an author or two in. THere's plenty of places to stay.

12. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Awesome! We wait in anxious anticipation!

13. TK750

Oct 22, 2001
    So, should I take it from recent posts to the 501st message boards that Omaha didn't make the cut again, or is there still a chance of this happening? The post that I received was on the James Luceno book signing tour for the final NJO book to be released in November. The list I saw didn't have Omaha on it.

14. Darth_Tharon

Darth_Tharon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2003

"Alert all commands. Calculate every possible destination along their last known trajectory."
    "Yes, my Lord. We'll find them."
    -- Lord Darth Vader and Admiral Piett, in Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (1980)

It's probably too late to throw my support in, as I haven't checked these boards for over a week now, but I offer my support totally if it makes any difference. I know it's a bit late, but something is better than nothing!

I will be glad to offer help, assistance, and publicity to any Star Wars or NJO-related endeavor that should seek Omaha as a base. Let me know how I can help, because at this point I'm just cheerleading.

Thanks for considering us, even if we do not get picked!

CHRIS

15. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    have you guys heard from DelReyPublicity? I was the one that suggested that James Luceno's tour stop in Nebraska, if that's what she's talking about.

16. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Nothing since her last post...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.