main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How many generations of the Skywalker dynasty

Discussion in 'Literature' started by PrinceKalEl, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrinceKalEl

PrinceKalEl Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 2007
    How many generations of Skywalkers has there been ?

Does any information exist as to Shmi Skywalkers mother and father?

And, where can i download TimeTales?

Many thanks

2. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    No one knows.

Nope.

Here.

3. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    We know Shmi and her parents were attacked by pirates, and that she was sold into slavery. That's basically it. I kind of like it that way, that the most powerful people in the galaxy descended from a bunch of people who were just "nobodies" and the common people, before. That a family with no power over their lives were suddenly gifted with descendants who have all the power of the Force to make change across the galaxy, like the common people finally gaining power over their lives.

4. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005

Indeed. Somehow I think the entire Skywalker clan would lose some of the mystique if it came out that Anakin's Great Grandparents were the Royalty of some planet or something. I prefer to think that Shmi's parents, their parents, their parent's parents were all basically like the white trash of the galaxy.....either enslaved most of their lives or struggling to carve out some menial existence.

5. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Same here.

I like that Luke was a lowly moisture farmer and didn't see any of the prestige that Anakin did until much much later. I mean, Luke was basically living like a rebel until he was 30-35.

Jacen's kind of like the result of all that power and influence though, if you think about it. In a very strong sense, he's more corrupt than his grandfather ever was.

6. DS_Emp_Viper

DS_Emp_Viper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2001
    Then there's that being brutally tortured part that Luke never quite got to.

7. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    I don't know...I often half expected to trip across a "skywalker" in KOTOR somewhere...he wouldn't have to be flashy or a jedi...I pray not a jedi...but I could see like a pilot on Nar Shaddaa or a colonist somewhere...a throw away cameo to establish in canon the skywalker name was atleast present in the galaxy.

I've always thought a name origin story for the names like skywalker, darklighter, starkiller could be amusing...It could have a unique premise.

8. Jmacq1

Jmacq1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2005
    Well, clearly due to some kind of time-space-reality loop, the Starkillers are descended from John Sheridan and Delenn (Sorry, couldn't resist). ;)

But as far as the Skywalker "dynasty" goes, we know there are at least 3-4 generations (depending on if you start with Luke or Anakin), probably 5, assuming there's a Skywalker between Ben and Kol (which seems likely).

6 generations if you count Cade, but given his current situation, I'd hesitate to say he's a continuation of the "dynasty" just yet. ;)

9. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.