main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How many hours/week do you spend on gaming?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Anakin_Sockwalker, Jul 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Depends on lots of things.

At my peak of RtCW / ET I was playing probably a good 5 hours a day if not more, if I had full use of the telephone line. Went to a lan where we played and leached from 6pm friday night till about 3pm Sat - hit KFC - then back for more gaming until late sat night. So wasted Sunday. <geekiest thing I've ever done>

I just got a new game (Evil Genius) which is taking a long time to do anything really, and I've been playing about 3-5 hours a day in the evenings.

But on average, maybe 6-10 hours a week. Even if it's just Solataire while chatting on MSN / AIM.

2. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    It really depends on what game I am playing. I work second shift, so I usually play for an hour or two after I get home to wind down.

3. JEDY

JEDY Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2005
    Like I said earlier, if I start a new game , I can play for a fair amount of hours . I started Episode 3 last night with a friend and we beet it during the night . Unlocked the rest after we woke up of 4 hours of sleep .

4. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Bought The Sith Lords around feb. Passed it last week. That say enough?

5. Fist_of_Mandalore

Fist_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2005
    Ex, do you ever go outside? Or sleep? Or Waru?

6. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    If he bought the game in Feb, and it's now July. I'd dare say he does a lot more than just sleep and go outside. You'd think if he played solid without sleep etc, he'd have passed it in a few days. [face_plain]

7. Fist_of_Mandalore

Mar 31, 2005
    Didnt take Ex a few years to get past Desann on JO? So FoM says him playing non-stop for a few months is not that much of a stretch.

8. JediMasterKitFisto

JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 27, 2002
    A few years? It couldnt possibly have taken anyone that long to kill Desann

9. Fist_of_Mandalore

Mar 31, 2005
    Tell that to Ex ;) FoM could be wrong though. He is wrong a lot.

10. Psycho_Sith

Psycho_Sith Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    depends - when I get a new game it goes up a lot, when I'm touring I still take my x-box and get some gaming time in but not as much as at home.
    I'd say between 10-15 on a regular basis though.

11. sidious1

sidious1 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 5, 2002
    Hey Guys, cool topic. I spend about 15 hours a week gaming. What are you guys playing at the moment. For me it is SSX 3, SNK Vs Capcom SVC Chaos, Burnout 3 and Killzone. Oh and not forgetting Ridge Racers on PSP.Finished Republic Commando (very cool game) thanks to one of you Guys (Don't like cheating but tips are OK!)
    ;)

"Stop messing around and get some Bacta Commando!"

12. jedijoker

jedijoker Chosen One star 8

Jul 6, 2004
    about 9-10 hours a week

13. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Setting the rumour mill straight . . .

I haven't yet been able to beat Desann on hardest level, and only been trying for a year, me thinks, not years.

Secondly, I started playing Sith Lords sparingly, sporadically. Now, in the recent month, I played half the game to conclusion.

I remember it taking 11 weeks to finish Ocarina of Time; 7 of them alone to work out the water temple, that there was a floor gap to explore for a key when you raise the central tower's water level.

14. Fist_of_Mandalore

Mar 31, 2005
    FoM hated Carina of Time. Never found that bow...no, FoM never even got past Forest Temple. And thanks for setting us all straight Ex. Gand appreciates it ;)

15. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    I'm down to about 0 hours/week, but that follows a few months of upwards of 20. And when I got KOTOR (I was late to the party and only got XBox this part Christmas), it was probably upwards of 30.

Amazing.

16. Dart-Dragon

Dart-Dragon Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2005

If I get a game I`m hooked on I can play for 2days and 1night without sleep,and the only brakes I take are to eat dinner and use the toilet.
    Altoug I have no new game to play now and i`ve finishd all my old ones so...
    ocasionaly 5 houers a day, but I`m still on holiday so...who knows when I get a new one

17. Tie_Defender

Tie_Defender Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2005
    Honestly TD only plays about 2-3 hours a day

Talking in the 3 person really is fun, right FoM

18. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    About 10-12 hours depends if im in the mood

19. -Nightwolf-

-Nightwolf- Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    I spend about eight to fourteen hours a day, depending if I have work on the day in question.

20. jedimasterinu

jedimasterinu Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 29, 2005
    I play about 40-50 hours a week depending on my schedule, and my little bro.

21. Psycho_Sith

Psycho_Sith Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    I just picked up five new games and dusted off a game I've owned for years that I never played for some reason....so I'm up to about 50+ hours a week now. Just yesterday I played all day from about noon till 1am, good times.

22. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    I spent about 10-15 hours a week playing computer games. However I got a summer job now, so it is only 5 hours during the weekrnds.

23. JamanMosil

JamanMosil Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2004
    Depends on if I'm in a gaming mood. Don't have many games(KOTOR, Battefront, Call of Duty, Starcraft...that's about it), so I'd say maybe 5-6 hours a week. Sometimes more, if I'm in a heavy gaming mood. Then I can hit 20 easily. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.