main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series How Many Jedi Do You Want To See?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Aug 5, 2014.

?

how many jedi do you want to see in rebels

1. 3

10.7%
  2. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 5

3.6%
  4. 6

7.1%
  5. 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 8

14.3%
  7. other

64.3%
  1. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Ten is a good number...stretched out over many years of the shows existence, not all at once. I would like to see a few Jedi from TCW (such as Luminara, Shaak Ti, Eeth Koth, Pablo Jill, Quinlon Vos) and some new unexpected that are from the EU or novels (k'krunk) some of the Lost 20 would be great. The thing is though, the more Jedi shown, the more have to have a death scene. We didn't get enough death scenes from TCW, so now it is a must if they survived.

2. deadly jp

deadly jp Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 27, 2014
    Yaddle is dead lo, she died before 22 BBY so she wont appear in rebels.

3. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Are you sure about that? Eeth Koth died once in 22 BBY, and yet here we are listing him as a possible survivor.
    [​IMG]

4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Well do you see Yaddle in AOTC or ROTS?

deadly jp likes this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Nobody dies in Star Wars.

6. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    At least those who become one with the Force don't. [face_beatup]

7. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    Yes, and Yurel Poof died helping Jango and Zam stop a bomb or something. Anyway, that stuff with their deaths is now Legends. (I love the legends, and don't wanna start a fight, but they aren't all canon anymore.) I would still like to see those Jedi, Ransis, Yaddle, and Poof could die for all I care. I just hope Vos survives. xD

8. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Validity of history in up to the fan.

9. MConDA4ever

MConDA4ever Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2014
    Ever heard of the grand jedi purge?

By the end of the clone wars there were millions of experienced clone troopers ready to track and catch all surviving Jedi

10. deadly jp

deadly jp Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 27, 2014
    Yaddle is dead thats why in AOTC & ROTS shes not on the jedi council scenes, shaaki ti replaced her in the jedi council after yaddle's death.

11. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I'm sure there are other roles Jedi Council members can move on to when they feel like "retiring." Nothing in the PT indicates it means they have to be dead.

revan772 likes this.
  12. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    Jo Casta Nu? Depa? (Yes, even in the new canon.) I think those are two prime examples of living retired Council Members.

13. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    I certainly hope this means that Ashoka Tano doesn't survive the Jedi Purge. As the former apprentice of Darth Vader, she should be one of the easiest targets to find.

14. Meyerm

Meyerm Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 17, 2014
    What happened to 1? It's supposed to be "The Dark Times" where jedi are virtually nonexistent anymore.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  15. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    The Jedi are virtually nonexistent. The two characters people are butt-hurt about their own voluntary personal decision to label as Jedi are a guy who had his Padawan training cut off over a decade ago and some kid who can barely wiggle a freaking bowl with the Force when he tries his best. Sure as hell seems like some Dark Times to me. *looks at own avatar*

16. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I'd rather Ezra just be barely able to move a bowl then be some force prodigy right off the bat though...

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  17. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    Think about the scale here. It's a freaking galaxy, with quadrillions of inhabitants. A hundred is just as "all but extinct" as ten. I'd prefer Yoda and Obi-Wan to not be absolutely the only Jedi left in the entire galaxy because it's overly literal for my tastes, but I wouldn't like more than twenty or so to still be alive by ANH.

Overall I don't like overly literal interpretations of lines said by characters who are not omniscient. See Lando saying the Millennium Falcon is the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy, which meant that even top of the line prototype military ships could not move through hyperspace faster than the Falcon no matter what in the EU. :rolleyes:

Because, you know, Lando isn't the type to boast. It's called hyperbole, people.

18. Meyerm

Meyerm Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 17, 2014
    But it's the fact that it is a vast galaxy that's why there should be as few jedi as possible appearing. The chances of a small band of rebels coming across a handful of maybe the last 100 jedi in the entire galaxy is extremely slim.

Kablob likes this.
  19. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    As would I. (I'd actually prefer he not be a Force prodigy at all.) And that's what we're getting. Not actual Jedi. This is my point.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  20. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    And I agree with it.

Kanan, in A New Dawn doesn't even want to be a Jedi.

I think it would be better if the writers didn't call Kanan a Jedi. It's not like he's practicing anymore. Or at least, before he finds Ezra.

21. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I guess the book fleshes it out in greater detail, but that follows exactly how they have set up the character with the information released about him thus far.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I agree he was only a padawan right.

23. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I really don't have a number...but they should be few and far between.

Having said that I wouldn't mind seeing these guys all owning and working at a refueling station/ship repair shop/diner somewhere on the outer rim...
    [​IMG]

24. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    whostheBossk likes this.