main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How many midichlorians does Rey have?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by BobaBacca, Dec 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobaBacca

BobaBacca Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 6, 2015
    Anakin had more than Yoda.
    How many does Luke have?
    Same as Anakin?
    Lower than Anakin, but higher than Yoda?
    Lower than Anakin and Yoda?
    If Rey is daughter of Luke and Luke has the same number as Anakin, then Rey can have same number as Anakin.
    If Rey is daughter of Luke and Luke had lower number than Anakin, then Rey must have lower number than Luke.
    If Rey is not daughter of Luke, she could have even more than Anakin.

Discuss

2. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    I think GL said that even though Luke and Leia were half-bloods, their potential--midichlorian count--is the same as pre-Mustafar Anakin. So, Ren and perhaps Rey be identical to Anakin. Thus, twice that of Palpatine and greater than Yoda.

Kato Sai likes this.
  3. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    A key quote that many have overlooked, Abrams seemed to hint in an interview with Slashfilm that your parenthood isn’t necessarily the key element in being adept with the Force. The site asked him about whether he’d be adhering to the idea cemented in the prequels that you were born into being a Jedi, and Abrams, diplomatically replied, “To me, Star Wars was never about science fiction —it was a spiritual story. And it was more of a fairytale in that regard. For me when I heard Obi-Wan say that the Force surrounds us and binds us all together, there was no judgement about who you were. This was something that we could all access. Being strong with the Force didn’t mean something scientific, it meant something spiritual. It meant someone who could believe, someone who could reach down to the depths of your feelings and follow this primal energy that was flowing through all of us. I mean, that’s what was said in that first film! And there I am sitting in the theater at almost 11 years old and that was a powerful notion. And I think this is what your point was, we would like to believe that when **** gets serious, that you could harness that Force I was told surrounds not just some of us but every living thing. And so, I really feel like the assumption that any character needs to have inherited a certain number of midi-chlorians or needs to be part of a bloodline. It’s not that I don’t believe that as part of the canon, I’m just saying that at 11 years old, that wasn’t where my heart was. And so I respect and adhere to the canon but I also say that the Force has always seemed to me to be more inclusive and stronger than that.”

Is Abrams’ plan with the new movie to start to return to the idea that anyone can be a Jedi? That a girl abandoned on a desert planet can turn out to be a powerful user of the Force, one who might be the universe’s best hope against an aristocratic villain, the son of a princess? That he trusts an audience enough to invest in the struggle between a good girl and a bad guy without them having to be related to each other? We hope so.

4. George_W_Boushh

George_W_Boushh Jedi Master star 1

Jun 16, 2001
    I hope that these questions are never addressed, especially considering that we know have trees that are also force sensitive.

This is a good post, which will bring nice discussion.

morrison85 likes this.
  5. BobaBacca

Nov 6, 2015
    I believe that suited Vader's midichlorian count was lower than non suited Vader's midichlorian count. So suited Vader at his peak would be lower than non suited Vader/Anakin at his peak.
    Non suited Vader/Anakin at his peak would have become more powerful than Emperor, Yoda, everyone, but suited Vader could not achieve that same peak.

Darth Rhapsodyne likes this.
  6. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    I think GL said presuit Anivader had 200% the count as Palps and suited Vader had 80% and 50% of his former self. I don't know if my memory and/or GL's math are accurate.

7. Darth Camp

Darth Camp Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    We will never know because the Galactic empire destroyed all references to midichlorians during their reign. Plus the ghost of Obi-Wan and Yoda enjoying their afterlife have forgotten all about it.

morrison85 likes this.
  8. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    All of them[face_dancing]

JABBERWOCK2137 likes this.
  9. Ganger

Ganger Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    This film was a marketing success, they knew exactly how to make it and sell it.

If this continues, I'm 110% sure this particular issue will NEVER be addresses. We're more likely to get a Boss Nass speaking role that actual mention of midichlorians.

seventhbeacon, Avnar, jaqen and 2 others like this.
  10. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    She has 3.4 moof milkers worth.

11. Darth_OlsenTwins

Darth_OlsenTwins Jedi Master star 5

May 18, 2002
  12. DaveyWanKenobi

DaveyWanKenobi Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 4, 2015
    7 or 12. One or the other.

Blazer-Smith likes this.
  13. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001
  14. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
  15. CakeThiefPro

CakeThiefPro Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 16, 2015
    Enough to podrace with and really that's all that matters at the end of the day.

jaqen and Blazer-Smith like this.
  16. Blazer-Smith

Blazer-Smith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 28, 2004
    Well said. Midis are dead because GL is out. It's what's best for Star Wars

17. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
  18. EternalHero

EternalHero Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2014
    It won't be addressed but it's still a part of the mythology and she must be off the charts. She is communing with the Force on a profound level. Obviously there's a story there but the technical details will probably not be covered in the films.

19. Darth Rhapsodyne

Darth Rhapsodyne Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 19, 2015
    Cyborg Vader had the same midichlorian count as pre cyborg Vader. When Luke was fighting Vader in cloud city, Vader was demonstrating abilities that his pre Cybernetics self never had, like manipulating the atmosphere causing powerful winds. His age and experience made him powerful in the force but his cybernetics was his Achilles heel, just like his cyborg precursor General Grievous. Vader was more susceptible to certain things like Force lightning and electricity in general. Also even though Luke and Leia are his Children they have been on Anakins level in terms of power. No one has ever had the same Midichlorian count as the chosen one.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  20. yoda900

yoda900 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Rey has over 20,000 probably

Luke was said to have the same as Anikin, anikin was born of the force itself, rey is probably luke's daughter.

Yoda" the force is strong in your family"

21. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    I thought the OP was being sarcastic lmaaooo This thread is so dumb.

22. BobaBacca

Nov 6, 2015
    Remember how pervy monster Sidious seemed when saying how strong Anakin was with the force? What would he be like with Rey?

7starlight likes this.
  23. ThorOdinson

ThorOdinson Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 30, 2014
    This interview was when I really began believing in JJ. Talk about a return to form.

Nillocke likes this.
  24. Argalin

Argalin Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    I truly hope we never have this specified.

The most effective scene Yoda ever has in demonstrating The Force is when he lifts Luke's X-Wing out of the swamp. This little green guy who walks with a cane. It is through this ACTION that we see demonstrated his relationship and attunement with The Force.

I don't want to be told how strong our characters are, I want to be shown.

25. ThorOdinson

ThorOdinson Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 30, 2014
    Amen. That was one of the most powerful scenes in the saga. Watching that as a kid was mind blowing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.