main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How many midichlorians does Rey have?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by BobaBacca, Dec 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    Absence of proof isn't proof in and of itself.

How so?

WhyKnock likes this.
  2. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    Where? I looked back the past couple of pages, and I don't see any reasons. I only see you stating your opinion, and that you disagree with those who share my thoughts. Never do you share a reason for your opinion.

3. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    Er...OK.

4. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Different interpretations of lore is pretty common in this kind of story. Everyone has made their points. Now, let's bring this back around to Rey. Unless we think that this thread has run it's course?

5. Banana-Wan Kenobi

Banana-Wan Kenobi Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 6, 2016
  6. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Most likely, yes.

7. TheOneX_Eleazar

Oct 24, 2013
    Well then why don't you at least indulge me and present your reasons again because I can't seem to find those reasons. I'm just trying to understand why you don't agree with me because it is a point of view that I don't understand.

8. WhyKnock

WhyKnock Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 8, 2016

I think it's possible that both possibilities are true at the same time.

On one hand the Jedi children are born, sensed and then taken from the families who see it as a great gift and honor that they bore a Jedi.

On the other hand the only evidence we have been given that it could be genetic is because the Skywalker family is strong in it. Obi-Wan probably isn't Obi-Wan Kenobi Jr.

If we are to assume that non force sensitives can produce a force sensitive child, we have "Jedi are forbidden to form attachments" as our evidence.

This is counter intuitive to making new Jedi. If the Jedi were dependent on genetic evolution to make new Jedi, they would then die off. The first rule of any religion is "Be fruitful and multiply." AKA: Make the next generation of followers happen.

The other side to the coin is that Anakin is not a normal Jedi. He was the most powerful one ever with many times the force potential of Yoda. He was the chosen one after all.

Whatever the normal rules are, they more than likely do not apply to Anakin's offspring.

9. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014

No, you're alright, thanks.

10. TheOneX_Eleazar

Oct 24, 2013
    That isn't necessarily true. Two people with brown eyes can have a child with blue eyes, or, for example, I am 6' while my sister is 5'2 and our parents are 5'4 and 5'8. These things aren't always straight forward, and it would really just depend on how that individual gene works. Qui-Gon does ask who Anakin's father is, which alludes to genetics playing a role.

I do agree that it is possible for a child strong in the Force to be born into a family that is not strong in the Force.

Thanks for defending your point of view, it is a very convincing argument...

WebLurker likes this.
  11. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    How many midichlorians does Rey have?

Billions and Billions. :p

But to be serious ...... as serious as one can be about midichlorians ...... the Old Republic Jedi used technology to measure the precise number, which allowed them to farm out the task of finding potential Jedi to non-Force users who could just run the test and call when they found something, thus allowing the Jedi to corner the market on young potential Force users.

Midichlorians are in the PT and the Clone Wars cartoons, so they're canon, no matter how much people want to whine about them or how much the ST ignore them. But who's to say that the technology still works in the PT? They're a bit of Force-mumbo-jumbo that can come and go whenever the plot needs it. The Midichlorians might still be around but the detectors all when blank. There would have to be other ways finding Force users.

12. WhyKnock

Jul 8, 2016

Ha! Maybe the force sensitives will make cool "YouHolonet" recordings of them doing sick stuff with the force and whoever gets the most likes gets to train with Luke.

Star Wars is a mirror of our times after all. ;)

13. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014

I'm happy with my opinion as expressed earlier. You disagree and that's fine. I'm not here to constantly rephrase and retry until you're satisfied; I can live with you disagreeing.

14. WhyKnock

Jul 8, 2016
    Like many things in Star Wars, this one is a tough nut to crack as we have been given limited information to go on. You and I can both be right, both be wrong, and yet we cannot truly disprove the other

I respectfully agree on the basis we cannot prove or disprove each other in a logical manner.

15. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    The question of this thread is "how many midichhlorians does Rey have".

The answer is: Only JJ, Rian or Pablo Hidalgo know. It is very likely that they didn't even care to think about "a number" when defining this character.

So, this thread will never get a proper answer, unless JJ, Rian ou Pablo have accounts on these forums and come here and give us a number.

TheOneX_Eleazar likes this.
  16. TheOneX_Eleazar

Oct 24, 2013
    You have stated your opinion, but you never defended it. All I am asking you to do is defend your opinion so I can try to understand your opinion. I'm not asking you to rephrase your opinion, I know your opinion. I still don't know why you have that opinion. When you asked someone to defend the opposite opinion I answered that thinking you were asking it in good faith that if I asked the same of you you would answer it.

17. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    But what about his opinion?

Ease up, please.

18. TheOneX_Eleazar

Oct 24, 2013
    I'm at ease, if you think otherwise you are reading a tone into my posts that was not intended. I'm just asking him to do for me what I did for him. Answer a question as to why I came to a certain conclusion based on what was presented in the OT. I think that is perfectly reasonable during a respectful conversation.

19. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    I'm actually finding that your persistent re-questioning about an opinion on a matter that isn't massively important, despite my attempts to back out of the conversation, and despite that I've already given my opinion, is making me feel slightly harassed. You don't have to agree with my opinion, and I'm happy to let you have yours. I don't owe you a "defence" of my opinion; if what I've posted isn't enough, just consider yourself unconvinced.

I really don't understand why you're pursuing this over two days.

20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    If someone says they don't want to continue the conversation with you then you need to accept that. Otherwise, it's harassing and that is not tolerated. Please drop it and move on.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  21. TheOneX_Eleazar

Oct 24, 2013
    I was simply replying to her replies. There was no harassment, if the person wanted to end the conversation all that needed to happen was to stop replying to me and it would have been over.

22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't care I'm ending it now. You can either get back on topic or we can discuss this somewhere else.

23. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I could see Pablo registering under multiple accounts and giving us 2 totally different numbers just to totally mess with the fandom [face_laugh]

24. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Uuuuuuuuuuuh, no. I don't think so. But related to Rey's midichlorines ........ in the old days, the Jedi had the Old Republic and their testing program to identify young Force-users. How did Luke find his recruits? And how was Rey identified as a Force-user (assuming that this is why she was isolated on Jakku)?

We assume that she has a lot because she really picked things up on her own once she was exposed to Kylo Ren, but how does she compare to Luke, Obi-Wan, Anakin? Or is it possible that it isn't the number of midichlorians that matters most now, but the flavor?

Sooooooooooo many, many questions left hanging in TFA. The PT answered a lot of questions that we were desperate to know back when the OT came out. TFA has more un-answered questions to it. If they're not using midichlorians to find Force-users, how are they (Luke and his supporters) doing it?

25. WhyKnock

Jul 8, 2016
    I was kidding, because: wine.

As far as Rey goes, in her survival guide it shows that she feels her family will come for her, that she was left on Jakku by mistake. They must be looking for her obviously. Yet she has no memory of them. Any of them.

The book has a remnant line of "I'll come back for you sweetheart" said by a man from the shooting script. Maybe that person discovered her but wasn't leaving on a 'clean ship' and was captured or destroyed.

I think the force vision wasn't just a vision but a multidimensional information dump. I think she was able to use the force her whole life, just as Anakin and Luke are hinted at tapping into by being such great talented pilots.

After touching the lightsaber she can hear teachings from not only Yoda but Obi-Wan speaking directly to her. Did they leave her a message in the lightsaber?

Or by her touching it did it create a connection to the cosmic force that had just awakened allowing them to commune with her?

Almost like a crash course in Jedi-ing. When she sees Finn who asks how she escaped she said "You wouldn't believe me."

They could still be doing blood tests, I think they will be you know, done offscreen, never mentioned and completely never spoken again. But like STD tests, they will happen and not be spoken of because they are DIRTY! (OR SOME PEOPLE WILL LEAVE THE THEATER!! ;)

I kinda feel bad for people who think that the mouse is just going to get rid of all the things they personally don't like about the prequels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.