main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How many of Yoda's species have been found in SW literature so far? What about Neti?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by MasterBnar, Apr 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Yeah. Saa is definately the most sexy tree I've ever seen :p

2. MasterBnar

MasterBnar Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2005
    there was a tree jedi in young jedi knights series? Was it a neti?

3. 4horse

4horse Jedi Youngling

Dec 1, 2004
    I for one believe Yoda's species was wiped out, more or less around the time when he became a Jedi.

Probably would explain the darkside experience that he refers to in 'Dark Rendez-Vous' - his whole species being wiped out would tend to push you to the darkside a little.

I do hope that a book series will come out chronicling Yoda's early days.

4. Esplin9466

Esplin9466 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 27, 2002
    The Whills are now canon, thanks to recently-released material. No link to Yoda, but they're out there....

Technically, haven't they been canon since 1976? Admittedly, we knew nothing about them other than that they had a Journal, but still . . .

i don't remember Vrook telling the PC in kotor 2 that Vandar was at Katarr, i thought he mentioned Master Zhar and Master Dorak.

Over the course of two separate conversations, he tells you that Nihilus axed all three of them.

Yeah, rather curious myself. (Not saying you're incorrect, but it's something I'm genuinely interested in, and would put a new light on that confrontation.)

I believe it appeared in an illustration in one of the Dark Forces novellas, but, never having read them myself, I can't say for certain.

5. Niten_Ryu

Niten_Ryu Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2005
    "i don't remember Vrook telling the PC in kotor 2 that Vandar was at Katarr, i thought he mentioned Master Zhar and Master Dorak"

That's because of game mechanics. You choose that Revan was DS in KotOR (dialogue with Atton when you free him). If Revan was DS, Vandar died in Star Forge battle and thus couldn't die again in Katarr. Then again if Revan was LS (I think LS is canon in all games), Vandar died in Katarr (I think even Vrook says that).

6. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Oss Wilum was apprenticed to ancient Neti master Garnoo, who passed on. Thon old boy completed his training.

7. MasterBnar

Apr 8, 2005
    So we have
    1. Ood Bnar
    2. Tr'aa Saa
    3. Garnoo

Is Garnoo the master that was in the crystal vat? Which comics is Garnoo in?

8. Esplin9466

Oct 27, 2002
    Is Garnoo the master that was in the crystal vat?

That was Ooroo, Odan Urr's Master.

9. MasterBnar

Apr 8, 2005
    oh, I see, so which comic should i pick up for Garnoo? What species is Ooro? What about the treelike character in YJK? Was it Neti anyone know?

10. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    There's a tree in my front lawn. Is that a Neti? :p

I'm betting the Whills aren't the Yodas (allthough I must say, I wouldn't be surprised). I think they're that all powerfull species we;ve heared theorized about that created the Maw and a few other weird things. The only other things I would say could have made the Maw were the Rakata (which I highly doubt), and those things Jorj Car'das was it. What are those things called again?

Yeah. I beleive the Whills have been canon for a while, allthough we never knew what they are...

11. Esplin9466

Oct 27, 2002
    Ooroo was a Celegian, Garnoo was in Dark Lords of the Sith, I think.

12. MasterBnar

Apr 8, 2005
    Do you think the Neti was a stolen idea from Ents in Lord of the Rings? and the talking trees in Wizard of Oz? That would be cool if the tree on your front lawn was a Neti Jedi Master. :)

13. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    It'd be cool, but bad. The tree is dead :p

14. Esplin9466

Oct 27, 2002
    Looks like you'll be chopping wood today!

15. LastOneStanding

LastOneStanding Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2004
    ^
    ^

Best Exar Kun reference ever!!! [face_laugh]

16. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002
    Garnoo is mentioned only by name, in DLOR, when all the Jedi are introduced. There is nothin' else on him or her.

I'll wager he ws the illegitimate sire of the Deku Tree.

17. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    This coming from a guy who spoke of Tr'aa Saa raping a cedar tree in a Dark Side rampage...

18. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002
    What's wrong with all the Rogue-class Literatureans here? Rogues Ten, Wookiee and Follower---all they can think about is floral reproductivity. A half naked Mara in Last Command's comic, and you're concerned with Miss Treebeard?

19. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    You should see how many n00b GeneralGrievoas318472139847 and the like there are in 3SA. Would you prefer my screenname be Rookie_Won? ;)

I just find it interesting that you use so many SW-related "cliches" and phases. No novel uses as many as you do in a single post. "A whiff of Desann's mom..." [face_laugh]

20. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002
    Only a true Star Wars fan speaks the dirty stuff. [face_batting]

21. DarthRotten

DarthRotten Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 24, 2003
    There is a picture in the Dark Forces:Jedi Knight of a statue of a Yoda-like being in the Valley of the Jedi on Ruusaan.
    Also, the Neti start out as humanoid being like Tra Saa and grow into stationary trees like Ood Bnar was in Dark Empire II.

22. Gladiuus

Gladiuus Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2003
    I wonder... given the penchant for one note aliens, will all of Yoda's cohorts turn out to be inflexible, judgemental ***holes who are constantly proven wrong? [face_thinking]

Thinking about it... yep, since every one seen so far is a jedi.

23. Jawas_Poodoo

Jawas_Poodoo Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    yoda had a secret wife of the same species named yoda-ette. she lived in a toadstool and sang cheery songs all day. . .i have my sources!

24. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    This coming from a guy who spoke of Tr'aa Saa raping a cedar tree in a Dark Side rampage...

Faunching after hardwoods ain't a new concept in the SW universe...look at Yoda's "relationship" with his gimer stick.

You know how lonesome he was after all those years in the swamp.

25. Jade40291

Jade40291 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 4, 2005
    How many of Yoda's species have been found in SW literature so far?

What is Yoda's species anyway. I have this funny theory that he is a 900 year old human because if you notice as humans get older, they shrink in stature and their ears get bigger...whose to say what would happen over 900 years? Right?

[face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.